Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

Davos clearly gives Jon the decision regarding what to do with Mel judging by the preview for episode 10.

Will she be executed/banished/warned/pardoned? And how will the result affect the story going forward (e.g. if Jon pardons Mel what would Davos' reaction be etc).

Mel is not responsible for the will and wishes of Stannis and his wife. She is merely an interpreter of and sometime facilitator of the Lord of Light.

Besides, she took Shireen from Davos, but she gave Jon. I'd say her debt is settled if she had one in this regard.

Davos story has ended and melisandre's is not, she have so much to do with the the prince that was promised plot, I think Jon will pardon her (after all, stannis, selyse and meli share the responsability), Davos will not like that, he will try to kill her, but she will throw a shadowbaby or some fireballs on his pathetic ass and kill him

I don't think Mel is long for this world. The show brilliantly led Davos to the truth about Shireen. Obviously he is going to bring that up in ep 10. I have a gut feeling that Jon will judge her guilty and order her death. This is where I put my tin foil on. I think she will then willingly play the part of Nissa Nissa and allow Jon to kill her with Longclaw/thereby changing it to
Lightbringer. At this point Dondarion and Thoros show up. Thoros takes Mel's place as the new head priest/drinker.

39 minutes ago, Drogo_1 said:

I don't think Mel is long for this world. The show brilliantly led Davos to the truth about Shireen. Obviously he is going to bring that up in ep 10. I have a gut feeling that Jon will judge her guilty and order her death. This is where I put my tin foil on. I think she will then willingly play the part of Nissa Nissa and allow Jon to kill her with Longclaw/thereby changing it to
Lightbringer. At this point Dondarion and Thoros show up. Thoros takes Mel's place as the new head priest/drinker.

Brilliantly? Jorah finding Daenerys' ring in the middle of the Dothraki Sea and Davos finding a wooden stag in ashes near Winterfell is called brilliant now? I sincerely hope that was sarcasm.

OT: I think Melisandre will be banished, I can't see Jon killing her off.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Mel is not responsible for the will and wishes of Stannis and his wife. She is merely an interpreter of and sometime facilitator of the Lord of Light.

it was her idea and her execution, but Stannis and Selyse gave their OK, they are all responsible

1 minute ago, Survivor92 said:

Brilliantly? Jorah finding Daenerys' ring in the middle of the Dothraki Sea and Davos finding a wooden stag near Winterfell is called brilliant now? I sincerely hope that was sarcasm.

OT: I think Melisandre will be banished, I can't see Jon killing her off.

Lol would it make you feel better if I had said something like "it was a great scene that required no dialogue."

Mel's purpose seems to be dwindling in the show IMO. After the resurrection she's no longer seen making any other attempts at magic (no shadow babies, no leeches, no attempts to resurrect the dead, not even relaying her visions). She might convince Jon to burn most of the dead as a massive offering to R'hllor, but she could also be sent away and eventually join up with Kinvara/Daenerys

2 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

Davos clearly gives Jon the decision regarding what to do with Mel judging by the preview for episode 10.

Will she be executed/banished/warned/pardoned? And how will the result affect the story going forward (e.g. if Jon pardons Mel what would Davos' reaction be etc).

Pardoning seems unlikely, but so does execution... I don't know. I don't know that she really has much left to do unless she is going to be critical endgame which I doubt considering how at least GRRM views religion. I guess maybe the showrunners are more into the Lord of Light as legit, so hmm... This is an excellent question.

Either way I think it's clear either Davos or Mel will be gone from Winterfell at the end of the season. 

She will not die before she meets Arya again if her statement in Season 3 is to be believed.

Then again she was randomly removed from Arya's list without explanation and I'm pretty sure D&D make it up as they go along so that could very well be scrapped.

12 minutes ago, Drogo_1 said:

Lol would it make you feel better if I had said something like "it was a great scene that required no dialogue."

I will grant you that the scene itself and the upcoming confrontation have potential. But come on, finding these small items requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

They could've had Melisandre lie to Davos that Shireen was killed by the Boltons, then in this episode he simply finds the pyre and draws his conclusion from that. No need to include the stag. And Melisandre's lie was necessary to not make Davos question her about it before. It's ridiculous that he hasn't.

10 minutes ago, Survivor92 said:

I will grant you that the scene itself and the upcoming confrontation have potential. But come on, finding these small items requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

They could've had Melisandre lie to Davos that Shireen was killed by the Boltons, then in this episode he simply finds the pyre and draws his conclusion from that. No need to include the stag. And Melisandre's lie was necessary to not make Davos question her about it before. It's ridiculous that he hasn't.

Melisandre never lied to Davos about Shireen. Davos asked her and before she could answer Brienne walked up and was all " I can tell you what happened." then left the Shireen part out. As far as suspension of disbelief... well we are dealing with dragons and zombies, my belief has been suspended for quite some time.

32 minutes ago, Always Winter said:

Mel's purpose seems to be dwindling in the show IMO. After the resurrection she's no longer seen making any other attempts at magic (no shadow babies, no leeches, no attempts to resurrect the dead, not even relaying her visions). She might convince Jon to burn most of the dead as a massive offering to R'hllor, but she could also be sent away and eventually join up with Kinvara/Daenerys

Agree, she's not involved at all and Jon made it perfectly clear that he's not gonna  use her abilities anymore. He could also have Rickon or WunWun brought back to live...

Don't know what he's gonna do with her. Think her showdays are over...

1 hour ago, Drogo_1 said:

This I really don't see.

Leaving aside the contentious issue of whether Jon might be considered as Azor Ahai, if we assume for a moment just for the sake or argument that its true, acting out your scenario in the closing episode of season 6 is going to leave season 7 a bit flat.

Did anyone else find it odd that Melisandre was so withdrawn when Jon came to her tent before the battle of the bastards?  It seemed in episode 4 or 5 (the one with the awkward Davos/Mel/Brienne meet-up) that she had regained her confidence, declaring that Jon was the prince that was promised.  She was then seen again in one of the meetings with Jon and his advisors.  Seeing her back to S6Ep1+2 broken, unconfident Mel makes me think that she would be remorseful and apathetic about what happened with Stannis/Shireen, and thus Jon would take pity on her and banish her, and she would choose to remove her necklace and just go out to die an old lady in the wilderness feeling no sense of purpose.  If she regains her mojo after Jon's big win and is all about him being the chosen one, then I could totally see her doing something to demonstrate her future usefulness and then being sent away on a mission by Jon OR still being banished, but she goes off on her own and makes an important appearance late in the game.

I think she's a fascinating character, I hope we haven't seen the end of her.

Jon owes his life to Mel through resurrection.

Davos owes his life to Mel as she prevented Stannis from executing him when Gendry was set free unlawfully.

It would be totally wrong for either of them to kill her imo and that's without considering the Arya meet, and the overall significance of the PWWP/AA storyline we have developing that's far more important than Davos as a character.

Remember that they often make these previews look like something they are not.

Yes, she was part of burning shireen, but she didnt do so alone.  Stannis allowed it.  Shireen would have died anyways when the army was defeated.  

I think Davos confronts her, starts yelling "tell him what you did".  Then she will tell Jon what happened.  She wont lie.  Maybe she is banished from his side I have no idea.  She hasnt served any purpose this season sinceJon was revived.  Perhaps she will do something in the crypts?  I mean she is very old so perhaps she will recognize something there.

35 minutes ago, Survivor92 said:

I can maybe see Jorah finding Dany's pendant. Both he and Daario are excellent trackers and the pendant would naturally be located right in the center of the circle caused by all those tramping hooves. But Davos, stumbling across the burned remnant of the stag in a great heap of dead coals, half covered in the snow, in the dark no less? That's too much. And if memory serves, the stag was made of wood, so the chances of it even surviving the fire are nil -- unless I'm forgetting a shot of her dropping it as they drag her to the pyre?

9 minutes ago, mafro987daboss said:

Jon owes his life to Mel through resurrection.

Davos owes his life to Mel as she prevented Stannis from executing him when Gendry was set free unlawfully.

It would be totally wrong for either of them to kill her imo and that's without considering the Arya meet, and the overall significance of the PWWP/AA storyline we have developing that's far more important than Davos as a character.

No one will kill melisandre, not Jon or Arya or Davos, Jon will understand her position, they are all guilty and making Mel pay for shireen's burning is not justice, Davos knows that she can kill him in a blink of an eye, he will try but he will bite the dust, Arya is going to the Riverlands and Jon and Co are returning to the wall

Archived