UK Politics: The Vote

Maltaran

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

When I was vacillating it was Obama's intervention that really pissed me off.

Yeah, seems to me that foreign intervention to try to sway voters is pretty much always counter-productive to the desired outcome of the foreign intervener's preference. But it seems foreign leaders just can't help themselves. 

4 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

6%! I guess you're watching BBC too?

BBC on TV and various websites.  Bottle of red to keep mw going for a few more hours (8.35pm local time).

Just now, Chaircat Meow said:

67.2%

Seems a little on the low side to get hopeful for the remain camp, if the common wisdom that Leave voters are generally more motivated to vote is correct. What's the typical turn out for a general election?

Well this is a bit worrying. Could easily be counteracted though by a few bigger than expected Remain votes down South.

There's something depressing about the North East (one of the areas with the lowest levels of immigration) being so Eurosceptic.

2 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

Well this is a bit worrying. Could easily be counteracted though by a few bigger than expected Remain votes down South.

There's something depressing about the North East (one of the areas with the lowest levels of immigration) being so Eurosceptic.

Try living here.

Its bizarre hearing the 'immigrants are taking over' when I come home, look around and see a sea of White British nationals. Especially when I compare that with London.

Its so annoying that the BBC thinks I work in Germany.   Whats the point of being made to work on election night If I can't watch the results in the background.

Not too worried about the £ falling right now,  If we do remain it will pick back up again.

althugh I'm rather worried we will leave.  Maybe I should have bought a load of $$$

9 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

IMO that sort of thing is entirely expected. There's nothing more xenophobic and anti-immigration than a monocultural society / community. If the leave campaigners can convince such a community that overwhelming immigration can only be stopped by leaving the EU then that community will vote for leaving by a large margin. "Where all white now, but will we be all white a few years from now if this immigration wave isn't stopped in its tracks?" Nothing motivates like fear.

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Try living here.

Its bizarre hearing the 'immigrants are taking over' when I come home, look around and see a sea of White British nationals. Especially when I compare that with London.

Yeah I live in Newcastle and I've had the exact same experience in some of the poorer areas. It does my head in.

4 minutes ago, The Shamrock that hides said:

Its so annoying that the BBC thinks I work in Germany.   Whats the point of being made to work on election night If I can't watch the results in the background.

Not too worried about the £ falling right now,  If we do remain it will pick back up again.

althugh I'm rather worried we will leave.  Maybe I should have bought a load of $$$

Maybe I should buy a stack of £££

Archived