UK Politics: The Vote

Maltaran

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

Maybe I should buy a stack of £££

time it right,     if you can work out when the leave areas outnumber the remainers your on to a tidy proffit if we do stay. 

although if we leave it will keep getting worse for some time afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

Yeah I live in Newcastle and I've had the exact same experience in some of the poorer areas. It does my head in.

Wait, you aren't Leap? :stunned: Damn this EuroCup silliness :P 

1 minute ago, The Shamrock that hides said:

time it right,     if you can work out when the leave areas outnumber the remainers your on to a tidy proffit if we do stay. 

although if we leave it will keep getting worse for some time afterwards.

I'm a long term sort of investor and I don't expect to pound to stay down for too long even with a leave win. However, it's only hypothetical because I don't actually have a spare bean to invest into foreign exchange.

The Beeb and that guardian pregnant map are getting out of whack. Looks like the guardian map isn;t going to show any NI results until the whole of NI is in, and the guardian is showing at least one England country not showing up on the BBC site yet. But I think that both are showing Leave ahead is an accurate picture of results so far.

2 minutes ago, Chaircat Meow said:

Swindon 55/45 to Leave.

As expected by models if referendum was a dead heat.

Actually Leave ought to have done better.

It was noticeable how Sunderland had a massive cheer from the Leavers when the result was suggested but there was relative silence at Swindon for their victory there.

We need to see the size of the Remain margin in a pro-remain area in England.

You mean you don't want to extrapolate the Isles of Scilly result to the entire country?

Just now, Chaircat Meow said:

Broxbourne 66/33 to Leave, slightly better than predicted if 50/50/

Rumours London turnout depressed by rain.

If Londoners were depressed by rain they should have all killed themselves generations ago

Also, couldn't the UK just, ya know, not leave? 

6 minutes ago, Chaircat Meow said:

Kettering only slightly above expected result for Leave if 50/50 nationally.

It does seem that only the North-East is really out of line with expectations from the results so far (of course we haven't heard at all from many parts of the country). This might suggest the final result will be extremely close.

I think based on UK pre-election polls hopelessly overestimating the Labour vote in the general election it should have been assumed that without a large margin in the polls in favour of remain that the country would probably vote to leave.

13 minutes ago, Chaircat Meow said:

South Tyneside goes Leave 62/38. Models say on 50/50 split it should be only 54/46 for Leave.

As David Davis has just said Labour has lost control of its vote in the north.

Has it though? Labour has a leader who would probably be secretly pleased if the leave vote won, even though he's been making very unconvincing noises about wanting the UK to remain. So the Labour north is actually voting consistent with the Labour leader's views. It's the rest of Labour that's out of step with its leader.

Archived