Lord Karstark

Like Davos said before the battle... Ramsay's men were only loyal to him because they feared him.

He's dead now. I imagine we'll see people swapping sides.

No idea what they'll do about the Umbers and the Karstarks though. To be fair... the Smalljon isn't even alive in the books...and the Greatjon is in Frey prison and a Stark loyalist...so that plot is really...new.

21 hours ago, Soccer69 said:

Ya but no matter what the stigma would remain. You are looking at the strategic location, name, titles, etc. of a place similar to Harrenhal at this point and yet Harrenhal hasn't been actually manned or used the way it should in years. (Yes, tywin did but that was to torture and murder and was only used for short time during War. Since then it has been mentioned but not manned). I'm sure you can find someone that'll take the Dreadfort but idk how Sansa/jon would feel since they're essentially in charge.

Errrr... Harrenhall started this whole mess. 

It's only been relatively unoccupied since around Jon's birth, after Lord Whent died. And it's holdings were enough to make Lord Whent very, very rich. There is a reason Littlefinger wanted Harrenhal. 

5 minutes ago, ErasmusF said:

Errrr... Harrenhall started this whole mess. 

It's only been relatively unoccupied since around Jon's birth, after Lord Whent died. And it's holdings were enough to make Lord Whent very, very rich. There is a reason Littlefinger wanted Harrenhal. 

Harrenhal is believed to be cursed because it rarely stays in a family (because they die or have no heirs). LF can have it all he wants but its in ruin and won't be profitable for some time (like actually never in the series).  Was simply stating the stigma/view surrounding Harrenhal (cursed and all that jazz) I feel would be something to stick with the Dreadfort, especially since the Bolton atrocities are still fresh in everyone's minds.

21 hours ago, ErasmusF said:

They're not going to tear it down. I mean, the show won't mention it at all, but Jon and Sansa will raise someone up and give it to them. 

These castles are lucrative and strategically placed for the defense of the North. 

It's probably the most valuable castle outside of Winterfell and possible New Castle (Manderly) in the North. 

correct on all counts. though i'd rename it after tormund and let him choose a house name. 

Id do this

Last Hearth - Give to Tormund, it's the castle closest to the wall and thus closest to the Wildlings' original home.

Dreadfort - Give to Davos, he is due for a lordship

Karhold - Make it the new seat of the Stark heir, the same way Dragonstone was to the Targaryens

1 hour ago, ceerup said:

winter is here. i cant see anyone being in those castles much longer, the safest place might be the eerie, remember when LF said 1 man is equal to 1000. that can be useful against whitewalkers

Safest place is Winterfell. Eyrie is too cold and there is no food or water. It's abandoned in a normal winter. 

Other places I would hole up, in rough order: 

Storm's End

Dragonstone

Sunspear

Evanfall Hall

Casterly Rock

Old Town

Pyke

Shield Islands

On 6/20/2016 at 8:33 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I dont think there is any army left in the North other than the Vale's army. Besides that most Houses support the Starks. Jon will give lands to the free folk and other allies.

What are you talking about?...There are still thousands of Manderly's, Hundreds of Glovers and other smaller houses like Cerwyn etc. that did not answer Jon's call.

3 hours ago, Conchobar said:

What are you talking about?...There are still thousands of Manderly's, Hundreds of Glovers and other smaller houses like Cerwyn etc. that did not answer Jon's call.

Exactly. And they'll be showing up next week and asking forgiveness and naming Jon the King in the North. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, Desert Fox said:

I'd find a loyal Umber heir assuming there are some left. I'd hostage or execute the Karstark Lord depending on who the next in line is. You want their loyalty going forward, you don't want their animosity to fester. Jon is going to need to north to fight during the upcoming Long Night.

If Jon wants unquestioning loyalty he needs to become a kinslayer and break the guests right, it's what stupid northerners respect and admire. lol, stupid dumb northerners.

Archived