Lord Karstark

I kept looking after each re-watch and there were quite a few soldiers baring his resemblance that were killed. I doubt it was him though. They should have had him and Jon face off in the pit before they got buried under the bodies.

It would be nice if he survived and Jon beheads him in episode 10.

38 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

The bigger question is what happens now to Karhold, Dreadfort, and Last Hearth? Do they have to siege them? Take them over? 

I dont think there is any army left in the North other than the Vale's army. Besides that most Houses support the Starks. Jon will give lands to the free folk and other allies.

41 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

The bigger question is what happens now to Karhold, Dreadfort, and Last Hearth? Do they have to siege them? Take them over? 

This is what I want to know. From the episode it seems everyone on Ramsey's side is slaughtered, so there isn't the issue of pardoning anyone. However, if some are left does Jon pardon or kill them? Also, just because those houses leaders are killed doesn't mean there castles aren't still guarded by whatever small amount of men. So, do we now have a RR situation in the North with those seats. Lastly, if that's the case does Jon just say screw it and leave them for the WWs or what.

Sell the survivors off to the slave city to finance rebuilding the North. Or just use the survivors as slaves to rebuild, then sell them afterwards for wine money. The White Walkers are coming you say? The North doesn't even remember their King, they certainly won't remember that shit.

If I were Jon, I'd keep Bolton lands for the Starks. I'd find a loyal Umber heir assuming there are some left. I'd hostage or execute the Karstark Lord depending on who the next in line is. You want their loyalty going forward, you don't want their animosity to fester. Jon is going to need to north to fight during the upcoming Long Night.

Who would even want the Dreadfort I wonder? Its got to be a pretty nasty place considering the people that lived there and I imagine after all the generations of terrible things being done to people there, that place is likely packed full of very vengeful ghosts. Better off to just tear it down and and build a septic tank on the ruins.

Edit: Crap sorry everyone, I posted this in the wrong thread. That's what I get for browsing with multiple tabs open.

1 hour ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I dont think there is any army left in the North other than the Vale's army. Besides that most Houses support the Starks. Jon will give lands to the free folk and other allies.

Yeah, there is literally no one left to hold the Dreadfort. Not sure about Karhold or the Last Hearth. 

4 minutes ago, Soccer69 said:

Sansa told Ramsey there would be nothing left of the Bolton name and that includes the Dreadfort. So, that seat will not survive or remain.

They're not going to tear it down. I mean, the show won't mention it at all, but Jon and Sansa will raise someone up and give it to them. 

These castles are lucrative and strategically placed for the defense of the North. 

It's probably the most valuable castle outside of Winterfell and possible New Castle (Manderly) in the North. 

2 minutes ago, ErasmusF said:

They're not going to tear it down. I mean, the show won't mention it at all, but Jon and Sansa will raise someone up and give it to them. 

These castles are lucrative and strategically placed for the defense of the North. 

It's probably the most valuable castle outside of Winterfell and possible New Castle (Manderly) in the North. 

Ya but no matter what the stigma would remain. You are looking at the strategic location, name, titles, etc. of a place similar to Harrenhal at this point and yet Harrenhal hasn't been actually manned or used the way it should in years. (Yes, tywin did but that was to torture and murder and was only used for short time during War. Since then it has been mentioned but not manned). I'm sure you can find someone that'll take the Dreadfort but idk how Sansa/jon would feel since they're essentially in charge.

Archived