Stark Heir (spoilers)

23 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

Possibly. Bran isn't a tree yet and it's unclear whether he can produce an heir. However, at least in the books, there is the story about the daughter of the Stark Lord who had no other children and how she had a baby who became the Stark Heir, so by that logic either Sansa or Arya could mother the next Stark heir. 

All of the houses are basically gone now, though, and I think that's on purpose. It seems likely the show is setting up a total breakdown of the system. 

Well, that's a legend, a tale of the widling, not a real story of the Stark that is not part of the Stark history. As long as Bran breath he is the Lord of Winterfell no matter where he is.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yet it seems to be the opinion of the people who matter and that is why it is mentioned.

Reveal hidden contents

He doesn't inherit it he won it.

Reveal hidden contents

That doesn't mean something. Salic law doesn't stop to exist because there are no male heirs. In order for a female to inherit those who make the law must clearly state it and I believe a family of insane people wouldn't had ever thought that therw will come a time when there would be no men left.

Yeah but its not an ironclad fact, thats my point.

20 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

With modern medicine, yes. But Westeros has nowhere near the level of medical knowledge that we do.

No, nothing to do with modern medicine.  The penile tissue can still react to stimulation.  Bran would not enjoy siring an heir the way that most would, but it is still perfectly physically possible without the intervention of modern medicine.

3 hours ago, Masha said:

Its a moot argument anyway. Do you really think, that unless Jon gets at least 1 dragon he would have ANY chance on claiming Iron Throne or anyone believing him?

Jon being on the Iron Throne is a moot point as well. He doesn't want it. His eyes are looking North. He would likely accept the King of the North position, but only in order to unite the North against the White Walkers. He has given zero indications that he actually wants to rule. the Iron Throne offers him nothing, he'd likely prefer that Dany held it and joined with him for the true war.

25 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

Jon being on the Iron Throne is a moot point as well. He doesn't want it. His eyes are looking North. He would likely accept the King of the North position, but only in order to unite the North against the White Walkers. He has given zero indications that he actually wants to rule. the Iron Throne offers him nothing, he'd likely prefer that Dany held it and joined with him for the true war.

Thats what I think would happen. I think Jon just doesn't want to rule he just want to be done with it all, he'll do his duty but he not ambitious. 

I think if he is offered King of the North position - Sansa would have to push him into it.

And if Iron Throne opens up - he will only accept it under protest and only if he is forced to it.

On June 21, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Martin would kill of Rickon in the book soon anyway 

I agree with this. There is foreshadowing in the books.

Bran is Robb's true heir. At least according to Meera in the books and the normal law in the North.

It all depends normally on when they know some information: 1° Where is Bran? 2° Jon's parents... (Because there is no will) Sansa comes factually before Jon because Jon is the nephew of Ned Stark and not the son. But Sansa is still considered married to a Lannister. So who knows how the Northern lords are going to react to this? 

1 hour ago, Joan Jett said:

I agree with this. There is foreshadowing in the books.

Examples: Rickon himself is even somewhere (harvest feast - beginning of the chapter) described as shaggy, Shaggy constantly appearing and disappearing, ... But I do not want him to die!

28 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

But Sansa is still considered married to a Lannister. So who knows how the Northern lords are going to react to this? 

How would Sansa still be married to Tyrion? That marriage was never consummated yet her subsequent marriage to Ramsay was. If her marriage to Tyrion is still valid then her marriage to Ramsay was never was.

2 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

How would Sansa still be married to Tyrion? That marriage was never consummated yet her subsequent marriage to Ramsay was. If her marriage to Tyrion is still valid then her marriage to Ramsay was never was.

Was it ever annulled? They never said it on the show. 

13 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Was it ever annulled? They never said it on the show.

Does it need to be? I thought that was a Christian thing. Consummation is a priority point, but aside from that I'm in the dark on Westerosi marriage requirements.

Regarding Sansa´s marriage to either Lannister or Bolton, the official stance will be according to the official crown, there is no real answer. If the Lannisters are the crown, the will simply not recognize the Bolton marriage.

In absolutely any case, Sansa would be Queen Regent at best, and her son would never be a Stark unless she marries Jon or one of her brothers, or if she ignores every law of name succession.

1 minute ago, NutBurz said:

In absolutely any case, Sansa would be Queen Regent at best, and her son would never be a Stark unless she marries Jon or one of her brothers, or if she ignores every law of name succession.

If Jon becomes King in the North, he'd be in position to make the laws. Who sits the Iron Throne would be irrelevant. No doubt they could manipulate something so that Sansa and/or Arya could have babies that carry the Stark name just to keep the line alive (assuming Bran is incapable).

18 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

If Jon becomes King in the North, he'd be in position to make the laws. Who sits the Iron Throne would be irrelevant. No doubt they could manipulate something so that Sansa and/or Arya could have babies that carry the Stark name just to keep the line alive (assuming Bran is incapable).

Yes, I agree, this is the only way I find it possible for a house name to survive thousands of years, so it´s probably already happened a few times.

I´m not saying they won´t be made into, or called Starks. I´m saying that, as things stand right now in westeros, that´s the reality - there is no Stark heir.

7 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

Yes, I agree, this is the only way I find it possible for a house name to survive thousands of years, so it´s probably already happened a few times.

Good point, its hard to imagine this hurdle hasn't already been cleared a few times over the centuries, especially with as many wars as these folks seem to fight.

Maybe the Targs have it right with the incest!!

4 hours ago, Masha said:

Thats what I think would happen. I think Jon just doesn't want to rule he just want to be done with it all, he'll do his duty but he not ambitious. 

I think if he is offered King of the North position - Sansa would have to push him into it.

And if Iron Throne opens up - he will only accept it under protest and only if he is forced to it.

Jon might be persuaded into taking the ancient throne of the kings of winter.  But offering him the iron one he would take for a poor jest made in bad faith.

Bran will take the weirwood throne, at first occasionally but ultimately forever. 

1 hour ago, NutBurz said:

I´m not saying they won´t be made into, or called Starks. I´m saying that, as things stand right now in westeros, that´s the reality - there is no Stark heir.

There is always an heir.

One of the reason's I like Jon as a character is he doesn't crave power.  Or command.  Yet it is somehow always thrust upon him.

He's clearly not the brightest tactician, but has a good heart like Ned.  Something that can get him killed (oh wait..)

On June 21, 2016 at 0:50 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

Rickon is not dead, he was killed by the extreme favoritism of Game of thrones, GoT is a masterpiece of favoritism, Rickon Stark was barring the road of a bastard/targaryen to become KitN and lord of Winterfell so he must be eliminated from the plot (keywords in bold), it took Ramsay 4 arrows to kill Rickon, but an army and thousands of arrows apparently can't kill the bastard/targaryen/favourite

And?  It is fairly obvious in the books and the show that there is something special about Jon.  He has been brought back from the dead for a purpose in the plot and the red god agrees.  Not to mention R+L theory.  Rickon was always a small character whose only value was being a Stark.  

A theme I see shaping up is the women of Westeros taking power, obviously    Danny and including Sansa, 'Yara', the sand snakes.

So it plays into the plot the Rickon would die so Sansa can rule Winterfell.

6 hours ago, The Greenseer said:

A theme I see shaping up is the women of Westeros taking power, obviously    Danny and including Sansa, and Yara. 

So it plays into the plot the Rickon would die so Sansa can rule Winterfell.

I think you must wait until episode 10 to see the extreme favoritism again :thumbsup:

Well, even if R+L=J, he's still a Stark son through Lyanna. So if a male heir of a female Stark can inherit, he can still be the lord there.

Or even if you don't have a rightful heir anymore, he could just claim the castle based on how he just defeated the previous owner and took it from him. Law and tradition can only go so far when you have the power of arms at your side, and as he's actually leading other northmen, I don't think most of them would oppose...

Archived