Will Bran And Arya Return To Winterfell?

[Deleted]

I posted about the Stark kids in the General section, but I will repeat it here.

Bran has an obvious endgame function against the WW (possibly warging Drogon).  He will also be Lord of WF.  Jon will sit the Iron Throne IMO (it's confirmed someone will)...Davos as his Hand.  Tyrion is Dany's Hand now, but Dany will die a hero's death in the snow and be reunited with Khal Drogo in the Night Lands (this is foretold in the S2 finale).  Tyrion will be Lord of Casterly Rock.

As for Arya, I have no idea.  She will want to check in with her family at WF, but beyond that I don't see any further endgame function for her.  I don't see her finishing her list, her last one with Cersei.  That's just too tidy.  And her hitjob on Walder Frey and his sons was already some ridiculous next level Assassins Creed shit.

5 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Arya is definitely going to King's Landing.

That's what I said about the Sand Snakes.  They murder Trystane at the dock in KL, they ultimately want revenge for Elia's children (as well as Oberyn).  Why did they go back to Dorne?  Why didn't they do some incognito hitjob on Tommen while they were there?  (which is how I suspect Tommen goes out in the books...)

i can totally see Arya going back Winterfell and there may be conflicts from there, seeing that Jon and Arya have always been close.

Sansa could feel left out and if D&D are not trolling with us, there could be the conflicts they were talking about. 

On 6/26/2016 at 2:50 AM, dinner said:

https://www.scireproject.com/rehabilitation-evidence/sexual-health/sexual-and-reproductive-health-in-men-sci/sensation-ejaculatio

75% of paraplegic men can ejaculate as that is an automatic reflex to stimulation without conscious thought or control much like your heart beating.   So it is highly likely Bran could father a child. 

The sooner the better too as a disabled man probably wouldn't last long in a feudal society so he needs to do it while he still has some family around to protect him. 

That assumes Bran's injury is an incomplete lesion, which would likely mean he still has feeling in his extremities even if no motor control.  There is no evidence of him having any sensation in his extremities, and Ned's statement about how severe the injuries are cuts against that notion.  It is more likely that Bran has a complete injury, for which only 25% in the study could achieve orgasm, and only 33% of those could ejaculate.  That makes it 92% likely Bran could not ejaculate. 

On 6/26/2016 at 11:11 PM, ValrianSunni said:

Ned thinking it doesn't make it true. (Ned didn't envision Jon returning from the dead either.) Bran may be able to have children.  We'll have to wait for the books to come out to know for sure. :-)

Ned not being able to predict the future is a bit different than whether he (along with the Maester) could appreciate the severity of Bran's injury.  They, for instance, would know whether he had any feeling in his legs.  

aryas path is pretty clear, kings landing. she will head for cersei and the mountain next to complete her list. maybe she will stop by in winterfell meeting jon, sansa and bran, but finally move on for cersei and the mountain. completing her list and taking revenge is aryas main plot in this show.

about bran, i dont really care. he may get attacked close to the wall, saved by men of the nights watch and dragged through the wall breaking the magic that holds together the wall therefor unwillingly being resposible for it to collapse. then he will travel to winterfell and meet up with jon arya and sansa. finally helping westeros against the undead with warging around.

I think Arya is omg the loose and definitely heading for Cersei and the mountain. Although maybe quite strange they were apparently not top priority for her. I don;t think we will see her in the North anytime soon. There is not much she can contribute to the war with the WW. Think she'll stay in the south for a while and somehow team up with Sam or Dany/Tyrion.

On 6/21/2016 at 7:27 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

I can bet you on this, in Danny's dream in season 2, the wall is clearly well and standing, the mark of Bran will allow the WW to pass through the wall and not destroying it (exactly like what happened in the cave)

i dont think it'll work that way because that wouldnt make sense.  The reason the Walkers could get into the cave is because Bran was already in it when he got marked via weirwood.net.  In the case of the wall, he's already marked so if the mark alone bears a walker contaminant then Bran shouldnt be able to pass through.

I think both Bran and Arya will reunite with the Jon and Sansa. I think bran crossing the wall after having the mark will allow the white walkers to cross it. The three eyed raven said that he will not walk again but will fly. The way the writers are they have referenced things in previous seasons that eventually come to pass leaving me believe he will not die. At least I hope. I think Arya will die after she makes it back to winter fell. 

On 6/21/2016 at 0:27 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

I can bet you on this, in Danny's dream in season 2, the wall is clearly well and standing, the mark of Bran will allow the WW to pass through the wall and not destroying it (exactly like what happened in the cave)

My gold dragons on this too.  Bran is going to make some big mistake and the Wall will fall.  The WW thread has to be very imminent and has to happen very early next season, otherwise Dany and Jon wouldn't be such clear winners without real opposition (Cersei is pretty much a political non-entity right now) so early in the story...  There has to be a plot and without the WW's imminent advance there doesn't appear to be much of one.

I do think Bran will either return to Winterfell or announce via raven that he is taking his rightful title, only to legitimize Jon Stark Targaryen. Like others, I think Arya will go to Kings Landing first.  She has no reason to know Sansa and Jon are at Winterfell and well, unless she runs into Mel, who tells her.  If she runs into Mel, she may go home first to see her brother and sister.  I am hoping for a short family reunion with Bran, Arya, Sansa, and Jon at Winterfell.  There Bran can tell Jon about his parents, in fact Bran can tell his complete family.

15 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I do think Bran will either return to Winterfell or announce via raven that he is taking his rightful title, only to legitimize Jon Stark Targaryen. Like others, I think Arya will go to Kings Landing first.  She has no reason to know Sansa and Jon are at Winterfell and well, unless she runs into Mel, who tells her.  If she runs into Mel, she may go home first to see her brother and sister.  I am hoping for a short family reunion with Bran, Arya, Sansa, and Jon at Winterfell.  There Bran can tell Jon about his parents, in fact Bran can tell his complete family.

Jon Stark Targaryen... I like that. I'm stealing it!

I watched the marathon today, and have floated some interesting theories through my head today.

1 - I do think Arya will head for Winterfell, after hearing that Jon and Sansa have recaptured the castle. Some part of me thinks Sansa might enlist her newly minted assassin sister to get rid of Littlefinger, as only a Faceless (wo)Man can do. 

2 - I think on the way North she will fall in with the BoB along with the Hound. She may have a different face on so he doesn't recognize her at first, but eventually he recognizes Needle.

3 - Bran and Meere were left at the weirwood tree where Jon took his vows. Meera can easily bring help from Castle Black. Once Edd hears who they are, he will send a raven to Winterfell. 

4 - I don't think the mark has anything to do with whether or not the wall falls. Surely Benjen would have said something if that were true. The horn of winter will cause the wall to come down. The question is, where is the Horn?

5 - Bran will be declared the Lord of Winterfell, but will decline any kingship because he is the 3ER. He will marry Meera though, not only because he needs an heir, but because of all they have been through together. Their return to Winterfell might bring Howland Reed out to see his daughter. He can confirm Bran's vision of the ToJ.

6 - Jamie is going to kill Cersei. No questions about it. 

7 - I desperately want Arya to find Nymeria.

On 26/06/2016 at 4:20 PM, dinner said:

https://www.scireproject.com/rehabilitation-evidence/sexual-health/sexual-and-reproductive-health-in-men-sci/sensation-ejaculatio

75% of paraplegic men can ejaculate as that is an automatic reflex to stimulation without conscious thought or control much like your heart beating.   So it is highly likely Bran could father a child. 

The sooner the better too as a disabled man probably wouldn't last long in a feudal society so he needs to do it while he still has some family around to protect him. 

Thank you - I was going to say it myself. The majority of paralegic men certainly can father children. I get tired of seeing the factually incorrect 'Bran definitely can't father children' argument.

I think it's quite possible that Jon will become legitimised and be the one to carry on the Stark line while Bran becomes the next 3ER or something (I can also definitely see Bran dying as a possibility), since it doesn't really matter whether it's Jon or Bran (or Rickon in the books) who carries on the Stark name. Somebody will, no doubt, even though the show LOVES to kill off entire houses (branches be damned).

I think Bran will turn up at WF pretty soon - he can't really go anywhere else, and he can't just sit under a ww tree north of the Wall.

Arya might be tricky though. I would like to think she goes home, maybe together with the Hound /BwB, that would be fun. Or she can go the KL, to Cersei, and she only goes north together with Dany. I think it might be a more interesting story to tell. 

I just want her to reunite with Nymeria and Jon. Please. ASAP.

5 hours ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

I watched the marathon today, and have floated some interesting theories through my head today.

1 - I do think Arya will head for Winterfell, after hearing that Jon and Sansa have recaptured the castle. Some part of me thinks Sansa might enlist her newly minted assassin sister to get rid of Littlefinger, as only a Faceless (wo)Man can do. 

D&D in the post interview said how Arya lingered on and looked at Jaime - a Lannister and was almost about to go after the Lannisters. You can bet your dollar that they intend to get Arya after the Lannisters at KL. I suspect it will be Arya repeating Jaime's kingslayer actions.

On 6/26/2016 at 4:15 AM, Asvpxkvng said:

I would sincerely hope so because without him there are no Starks. I mean they'll have to have the Stark line survive, it'd just bad storytelling if the Starks went out like that. Worst case scenario is we get Jons half Stark blood during the future stark line but even that seems a little sad.

Why would that be sad? All the Stark kids are only half Stark, the other half is Tully. The hangup with bastards baffles me. Jon has every bit as much Stark blood in him as Robb did, or Sansa & Arya do. It's the other half that's different, instead of half Tully he's half Targaryen. Even if his blood was half Stark & half cocktail waitress.. who cares, he STILL would have just as much Stark in him as the other kids.

Possibilities:

1. Bran goes back in time to talk to himself preventing the mark all together. No reason why he can't talk to himself. If the night king could see him while in his astral projection then why not talk to himself.

2. The mark only works once. The mark is essentially a spell, most spells only work once.

3. I would find it idiotic for the wall to come down completely. The cave wasn't destroyed when the Night King attacked it. He might use his Hulk slam and crack it the way he did the cave.

As for Arya, I don't see her going to kings landing. It more likely she is going home. When she Hears Dany is coming she wont bother.

Archived