R+L=J confirmation? Who/how?

Will we finally get a confirmation of r+l=j? If it's going to happen, I believe it will happen in this episode. It is confirmed that the actor who played young Ned has scenes in the finale. Why show him again unless it is to finally see what is in the tower (I mean we all know who it is, come on). 

Who ho will be the character to bring this to light for the audience? Will they also bring this information to light for the other characters of this world? There are many possibilities, howland reed, bran, Mel, even littlefinger. 

Any thoughts?

I've heard

Spoiler

It will show a baby, Lyanna will whisper something to Ned, the scene will be cut and it will go to Jon

I wanna know what she says, but I guess we gonna have to endure more pain until we get to the bottom of this

I'm seriously considering to just wait for the revelation

3 minutes ago, Tchzaelous said:

With how much they've dumbed things down this season, I'll bet Bran will say: "That's my Bastard half-brother Jon!" in the scene to make sure we all "get it".

Then Ned will look around and say "Did you hear that?" and Lyanna will say "Aye, the wind makes some funny sounds around here, but definitely wasn't your son talking to you from the future!"

My money is on LF and Bran.  One will get the reveal, the other will be confirmation.  The might find Rhaegar's harp in the crypt in Lyanna's statue as an added bonus.  But who knows with some of the directions the writers took. I started a thread called Heritage explaining my reasoning.  And someone else in another thread pointed out how LF tried to turn Sansa at least away from Jon at one point.  Thank you whoever. Lol

I think it will all be revealed when Ghost surprises everyone that he can talk. So he tells them, and they say "What? A talking dog? You expect us to take a talking dog seriously??". Then they all burst into laughter and go on quaffing their ale.

I've mentioned this before and never really got a good answer but shouldn't Jamie know about R+L?  I mean he was a kings guard during the time when there was a war started over this whole R+L thing. There doesn't seem to be many kings guards, ~3 to 6 or 7 at a given time. It seems odd that one of them would not have known where 3 others were (including the one of the best fighter-Dayne) during a time of peril for the king/prince. Assuming R+L=J R and L would have had to have been together for awhile or at least had a romance that lasted at least ~ 9 months even if they were not together that whole time, so wouldn't have Jamie at least known that L wasn't actually kidnapped and being raped and such, that she was a willing participant and that she/they were spending time at the TOJ or a lovers hideaway.

Someone else said its because he was too new to the KG and not important enough but he was clearly important enough to be guarding the king while KL was being invaded. I'm not saying Jamie would know for sure about Jon being R&L's baby (or that I think he'd be the one to reveal it) but he's not stupid and must have known some of these things and you'd think could put things together (thus having at least a hunch re Jon). 

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Then Ned will look around and say "Did you hear that?" and Lyanna will say "Aye, the wind makes some funny sounds around here, but definitely wasn't your son talking to you from the future!"

"Promise me Ned. Promise me you won't let my baby climb and fall from a roof and become the Westerosi version of Netflix."

"No worries Sister. My son will handle that."

1 hour ago, nymeria_2321 said:

I've mentioned this before and never really got a good answer but shouldn't Jamie know about R+L?  I mean he was a kings guard during the time when there was a war started over this whole R+L thing. There doesn't seem to be many kings guards, ~3 to 6 or 7 at a given time. It seems odd that one of them would not have known where 3 others were (including the one of the best fighter-Dayne) during a time of peril for the king/prince. Assuming R+L=J R and L would have had to have been together for awhile or at least had a romance that lasted at least ~ 9 months even if they were not together that whole time, so wouldn't have Jamie at least known that L wasn't actually kidnapped and being raped and such, that she was a willing participant and that she/they were spending time at the TOJ or a lovers hideaway.

Someone else said its because he was too new to the KG and not important enough but he was clearly important enough to be guarding the king while KL was being invaded. I'm not saying Jamie would know for sure about Jon being R&L's baby (or that I think he'd be the one to reveal it) but he's not stupid and must have known some of these things and you'd think could put things together (thus having at least a hunch re Jon). 

Pretty sure it was that Aerys was paranoid about Tywin resigning and leaving, then not responding to his summons. Jaime needed to be near him at all times to be his trump card, which would have kept him (Jaime, and I suppose Aerys) out of the loop of all of Rhaegar's movements before and during the Rebellion.

And I don't think anyone knew where Rhaegar was, if I remember it right Gerold Hightower was sent out to find Rhaegar, and it's assumed he never left the Tower once Gerold found Rhaegar there, as he was there during Ned's battle (the third person was omitted from the TV show, but most of the rest of the events seem to mimic the books so this is probably the same reasoning). 

9 minutes ago, Tchzaelous said:

"Promise me Ned. Promise me you won't let my baby climb and fall from a roof and become the Westerosi version of Netflix."

"No worries Sister. My son will handle that."

"Oh, by the way, you seem to be losing a lot of blood. Do... Do you need a tissue or something?"

It will probably be a mixture between Melisandre seeing something in the flames, Bran using his Greensight ability, and Littlefinger confirming it face to face and possibly Howland Reed. It would be very problematic to end the season with this because I feel like there would have to be more development.

Once Jon's lineage is revealed (assuming R+L=J is true), how is it that he's going to convince everyone that he's half Targaryen, let alone himself? It seem's like an impossible task and I bet most people in Westeros would think they're crazy.

1 hour ago, Darien Underhill said:

It will probably be a mixture between Melisandre seeing something in the flames, Bran using his Greensight ability, and Littlefinger confirming it face to face and possibly Howland Reed. It would be very problematic to end the season with this because I feel like there would have to be more development.

Once Jon's lineage is revealed (assuming R+L=J is true), how is it that he's going to convince everyone that he's half Targaryen, let alone himself? It seem's like an impossible task and I bet most people in Westeros would think they're crazy.

By riding one of the dragons.

I heard what happens is that lyanna angry over rhaegar attacks Ned who by reaction cuts her down Ned sobbing what have I done. Wylla comes with her baby and lyanna makes Ned promise to raise him as a stark and protect him from roberts fury and the lannisters.

Bran for some reason won't finish the vision or won't be able to see everything (I.e.Ned is blocking a full view of Lyanna.)

The full reveal and confirmation gets pushed to season 7.

If Bran comes out of the vision, looks at Meera, and says "you're going home" or "we have to find your father"...I'm ok with waiting another year. 

5 minutes ago, Aryakills said:

Bran for some reason won't finish the vision or won't be able to see everything (I.e.Ned is blocking a full view of Lyanna.)

The full reveal and confirmation gets pushed to season 7.

If Bran comes out of the vision, looks at Meera, and says "you're going home" or "we have to find your father"...I'm ok with waiting another year. 

That will be trolling us too much. I think we get an answer in the last episode.

With the writing quality, here is what I think will happen.

Jon will tak a shovel and start digging a grave.

Clunk, his showrl touches metal.... A box.

He pries it open. Inside, a letter.

"To whoever dug this grave and is reading. By now I Ned Stark will be dead. I hope Jon is not dead. Just tell him he was not my son, but Lyannas and Rhaegars. I had to lie to my wife and children. I am so sorry. Please treat him well.... Here is an impression of my ass to validate this letter. Love Eddard, your dear Ned *ass imprint*"

Stark song playing in background and as usual Jons shocked open mouthed look.

Haha :D

Archived