What does this mean for the glovers?

Because of the threat of the walkers im sure Jon will have no problem and might even ask them again to join the fight for their own good. Sansa on the other hand with her now smug pompous face might tell them an angry word of two

The series and characters have far more important things to focus on than dealing with one family. At most we may get a scene next season where the Starks call their bannermen to Winterfell to discuss the war to come and you would get the Glovers' swearing fealty then, and eating a little crow in the process.

Pretty much everyone rejected the Starks except Houses Mormont and Hornwood and some other minor house. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Karhold, Last Hearth and the Dreadfort. I'd give Least Hearth to Tormund who makes a better Umber than that bastard Smalljon did, but I'm not sure about the other two. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWinter said:

Pretty much everyone rejected the Starks except Houses Mormont and Hornwood and some other minor house. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Karhold, Last Hearth and the Dreadfort. I'd give Least Hearth to Tormund who makes a better Umber than that bastard Smalljon did, but I'm not sure about the other two. 

Good stuff.

And I agree with tormond above that, yeah, ihn light of the WW threat, Jon's gotta mend fences with the Glovers, and bring 'em into the fold.

On 6/21/2016 at 7:14 AM, dbunting said:

The series and characters have far more important things to focus on than dealing with one family. At most we may get a scene next season where the Starks call their bannermen to Winterfell to discuss the war to come and you would get the Glovers' swearing fealty then, and eating a little crow in the process.

they are going to eat Olly?

Robbet "I could get flayed just for talking to you" Glover did indeed get flayed just for talking to them [The Starks], and was the named character on the burning cross/range marker we were promised, so we will probably not see any Glovers, one way or another, from this point forward.

["Glover" might get name dropped as falling in line in a future Northern Lord role call like when Jon was listing Flint, Hornwood, et. al as minor houses they could still recruit into a big enough blob to combat Ramsay's Karstark/Umber coalition, but I'm pretty sure they're done being on-screen.]

On 6/21/2016 at 7:14 AM, dbunting said:

Why should anyone come when the Starks call their banners?  I thought the North was sick of war and sick of Stark wars and sick of the Starks and aren't loyal?  Why not tell them what they told them 3 weeks ago: you're not Starks, and we're sick of you.  They're not wardens of the North and are still officially enemies of the state and they have no more men.  It would be just as easy to tell them to fuck off next week and next season as it was this season.

Everyone could just as easily stay home, except we know they won't, we know that when the Starks call their banners everyone will be loyal again, like those previous episodes never happened.  And people will continue to claim this isn't awful, inconsistent storytelling by inventing all kinds of detailed rationales why it in fact makes perfect sense that the guy who told you to fuck off last week is this week back to being the same loyal guy he was in season 2.  Hilariously awful.

Assuming that its addressed in the show,  I would expect that Jon/Sansa will offer pardons to the Northern houses that didn't join them against the Boltons if they will once again swear oaths of fealty to House Stark.  

So long as they swear fealty now, I expect the matter will be overlooked if not forgotten. First they didn't help the Boltons either. Second, it's not as if Jon and Sansa have the resources to go around subjugating the Northern houses who didn't help even if they wanted. The Vale army isn't going to do that and the second they sent the wildlings against another Northern house, the rest of the North likely would rebel against them.

It's the Karstarks, Umbers and of course Boltons whose lands are on the table to be dished out as rewards to those loyal.

On 24/06/2016 at 10:07 PM, Cas Stark said:

Why should anyone come when the Starks call their banners?  I thought the North was sick of war and sick of Stark wars and sick of the Starks and aren't loyal?  Why not tell them what they told them 3 weeks ago: you're not Starks, and we're sick of you.  They're not wardens of the North and are still officially enemies of the state and they have no more men.  It would be just as easy to tell them to fuck off next week and next season as it was this season.

Everyone could just as easily stay home, except we know they won't, we know that when the Starks call their banners everyone will be loyal again, like those previous episodes never happened.  And people will continue to claim this isn't awful, inconsistent storytelling by inventing all kinds of detailed rationales why it in fact makes perfect sense that the guy who told you to fuck off last week is this week back to being the same loyal guy he was in season 2.  Hilariously awful.

3 weeks ago, Sansa was not a Stark, she was a Bolton. Then Ramsay got his face eaten off. Now she is legitimately the head of House Stark, and she holds Winterfell. The Lady of Winterfell with a bastard son of Eddard Stark to lead her armies is an entirely different prospect than the female beggar Lord, in opposition to her Warden of the North husband and with a bastard Brother, that she was three weeks ago.

Archived