You're Dany - What do you leave behind?

On 6/21/2016 at 11:54 AM, bfin said:

That's the impression I got too. I also wonder this. Is she trying to rule the entire known world? She wants Westeros and Essos? Isn't she kinda the true villain if that's the case?

Slaver's Bay is a tiny, tiny sliver of Essos, and controlling it won't in any way make her the ruler of Essos. She's never showed any interest in conquering any other part of the continent. (The Dothraki don't really count, because they're nomadic. By ruling the Dothraki, she doesn't rule any geographic part of Essos, aside from Vaes Dothrak, which is an even tinier sliver of the continent than Slaver's Bay. Plus, she's taking the Dothraki with her to Westeros, so Vaes Dothrak will be pretty much abandoned.) Her rule of Slaver's Bay began as a campaign to end slavery, and she stayed to gain some experience in being a queen before heading to Westeros, which has always been her goal—not Essos.

On 6/21/2016 at 9:15 AM, The Dames do Moan said:

Assuming you are Dany, post episode 9, Battle of the Bastards, you've just sent a strong message to the slave masters, secured 100 Iron Born ships and crews to man them and are planning on going to Westeros with plans to conquer it.

What do you leave behind to ensure Meereen is left viable from an economic standpoint, a leadership standpoint,  a military defense standpoint, as well as wanting to keep strong numbers and strength to actually conquer Westeros?

Surely just leaving Missandei with no army would not work, but leaving everyone is silly as well so it must be somewhere in between.

Leaving a bulk of Dothraki would probably not be good IMO, to big of a chance they revert back to there old ways without Dany around, not gonna leave any dragons, and want to take as much of my main infantry force as possible. Plus Tyrion said they have just enough ships to transport them so can't leave much of a naval force.

Best bet IMO would be to leave Daario and his 2,000 second sons, he knows the area and has a good military mind, and will be loyal to you. Leave Missandei to help rule, and probably about 800 - 1,000 Unsullied. Maybe leave a reserve force of 1,000 Dothraki, but nothing bordering on enough to outnumber the Unsullied and Second Sons. Get them started on building more ships and that's ur best bet.

What do u think?

Danerys can leave behind the dothraki because they wont cross the sea. They dont like water and the only thing the would do would be to destroy wetseros. The cultures are to different. The dothraki wont revert back in their homeland. They bowed down to Danerys like the goddess she is. Danerys should take a few ships and a few unsullied. Miissandai won't work in westeros. Danerys has tyrion for that. And that will give tyrion a chance to wreck on revenge on his sister. Once people in wetseros see another silver haired queen, they will bow to her like the dothraki did in their homeland.

My virginity, a good part of the best infantry in the world rotting in the ground, Tyrion's dick jokes, the sense my family was wrongly deposed, maybe the finest knight who ever lived in Ser Barristan, a bunch of people I promised to free from slavery who will promptly return to it, things like that

4 hours ago, Golden Eyes said:

Danerys can leave behind the dothraki because they wont cross the sea. They dont like water and the only thing the would do would be to destroy wetseros. The cultures are to different. The dothraki wont revert back in their homeland. They bowed down to Danerys like the goddess she is. Danerys should take a few ships and a few unsullied. Miissandai won't work in westeros. Danerys has tyrion for that. And that will give tyrion a chance to wreck on revenge on his sister. Once people in wetseros see another silver haired queen, they will bow to her like the dothraki did in their homeland.

The Dothraki suck ass.  It is known.

Seems very likely to me she'll leave Grey Worm and Missandei, which is too bad b/c they've both grown on me quite a bit.  They are smart, competent, and good.

But Missandei is kind of useless in Westeros (as a translator), while being very valuable in Meereen.   Grey Worm's a great guy, but I see him and Missandei sticking together, especially since Missandei will need Grey Worm's expertise for a variety of things.

Will she leave the rest of the Unsullied?  Maybe.  She's got a LOT of Dothraki now, and space will probably be at a premium on the ships just with them. not even counting the Unsullied.

On June 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM, The Dames do Moan said:

Outside of the fact that Meereen was weak without Dany and they would've wrecked shop had she not come back. They knew once she got back they would be in for it, why not try and strike and cut her off from most of her resources when she's gone. Their plan was probably to get rid of the unsullied, second sons, advisors and Rhaegal and Viserion leaving her only with Drogon (they didn't know she had the Dothraki at that point yet). Tyrion laid out the point pretty well, Mereen surviving and prospering without slavery sends a message you don't need slavery to run.

Previously, dany had no desire to march on the other cities to stop slavery in essos.  In fact, she specifically acknowledged that she would not be able to sustain an invasion of another city while protecting/keeping control of meereen.  So it's not even feasible.  And if the great masters were paying the sons of the harpy, then they should know this.  Ergo, no immediate threat.  

Tyrion's quote is a good sound bite and a feel good moment but I'm not really convinced it works that way.  For example, the iron born take thralls and salt wives, yet are part of westeros.  Why haven't the slaves/sex slaves revolted against the iron born?  They are part of a kingdom that doesn't allow slavery, yet are actually slaves.  Shouldn't they see that there are other parts of the 7 kingdoms where there are no slaves?  

Archived