Will Edd make it?

It depends on what Jon does. Does he stay in Winterfell, whether or not by choice, or dies he return to the Wall? If he goes back, then no, Ed won't make it. If Jon doesn't return, then we still need someone whom viewers can identify at the Wall, thereby cueing an upgrade for Edd's character.

20 minutes ago, Sansa's Hairnet said:

I feel like he will die when the Wall falls, because that's just the kind of luck a character like Dolorous Edd would have -- Lord Commander of the Night's Watch when the Wall comes down. Sounds like something he would joke about.

When you say "falls", do you mean the Others find a way to cross it, or do you mean it literally comes tumbling down?

I'd he does die I'm betting it won't be soon. Like someone else said he's the last person around that viewers can identify in the NW. Even if Jon heads back North to fight the WW he won't do it as part of the NW but alongside it. I think if he does die it will be in a season or 2 during THE epic WW battle. 

For the story about the war with the others to advance the wall has to fall and the writers have already removed all of the main characters (other than Bran)  from the immediate vacinity of the wall.   My guess is most of the characters left in the Night's Watch aren't long for this world. 

I would say episode 10 will be mostly about Bran/Tower of Joy revelation and King's Landing, and we won't see the Wall, at least not something as important as it falling (unless it is the last scene of the season, but I don't think so. My bet is on Jon being proclaimed King in Winterfell and Dany sailing West).

15 hours ago, caravaggio said:

My magic 8 ball says no, but I hope he pulls through ep. 10.

Well, his name is Dolorous, right? Tells you his fate. But I guess he is safe for this season. My bet is, that the night's watch - the fifty men left there actually - will be completly destroyed when the night falls. Afterwards they will make a new watch and Jon will be back on duty. Or they make a girl's watch this time and it's Danys time. feminism rules on GoT lately.

Archived