The IceBrandon: Winter the Ice Dragon is Coming

Daendrew

On 6/21/2016 at 4:12 PM, Daendrew said:

I think we will be seeing Bran give rebirth to an enormous ice dragon from the black pool of Winterfell in the coming season finale.

My theory is that "Winter is Coming" means the ice dragon named Winter is coming. A big clue for this is in the naming of the books in the series.

1. A Game of Thrones
  2. A Cash of Kings
  3. A Storm of Swords
  4. A Feast for Crows
  5. A Dance with Dragons
  6. THE Winds of Winter
  7. A Dream of Spring

The is a definite article pertaining to a proper noun. The winds are coming from a specific entity. Otherwise he would have chosen a different name to fit the series title style.

I have written an encylopaedia of theories, many of them on ice dragons (book spoilers!), so if you wanted to check them out, click here.

Below is my main ice dragon theory.

The IceBrandon: “Winter Is Flying”

• “Winter is coming” means the ice dragon named Winter is coming.
  • Bloodraven via Bran wakes the icedragon named Winter in the black pool of Winterfell.
  • Bran is the King of Winter, the ice dragon.
  • Bran has already flown as the ice dragon in his dream where he gave his (corn) seed and his soul to the crow, Bloodraven.
  • Bran died and was reborn with the magic of the ground and weirwood roots just as Dany died and was reborn by fire.
  • This entire story is set in play by the conflict when Jaime threw Bran from the tower and their conflict will frame the story’s conclusion.

This post here has the biggest clues for the ice dragon appearing on the show.

Or, just maybe, "A Wind of Winter" would have made no sense?

On June 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Daendrew said:

I think we will be seeing Bran give rebirth to an enormous ice dragon from the black pool of Winterfell in the coming season finale.

My theory is that "Winter is Coming" means the ice dragon named Winter is coming. A big clue for this is in the naming of the books in the series.

1. A Game of Thrones
  2. A Cash of Kings
  3. A Storm of Swords
  4. A Feast for Crows
  5. A Dance with Dragons
  6. THE Winds of Winter
  7. A Dream of Spring

The is a definite article pertaining to a proper noun. The winds are coming from a specific entity. Otherwise he would have chosen a different name to fit the series title style.

I have written an encylopaedia of theories, many of them on ice dragons (book spoilers!), so if you wanted to check them out, click here.

• Bloodraven via Bran wakes the icedragon named Winter in the black pool of Winterfell.
  • Bran has already flown as the ice dragon in his dream where he gave his (corn) seed and his soul to the crow, Bloodraven.
  • Bran died and was reborn with the magic of the ground and weirwood roots just as Dany died and was reborn by fire.
  • This entire story is set in play by the conflict when Jaime threw Bran from the tower and their conflict will frame the story’s conclusion.

I love the idea for an ice dragon, but your reasoning on said theory is incorrect:

Game, Clash, Storm, Feast, and Dream, are all Singular things, hence the use of "A."

Winds ARE Plural, which requires "The."

What's the Targaryen word for "Winter"?

6 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I love the idea for an ice dragon, but your reasoning on said theory is incorrect:

Game, Clash, Storm, Feast, and Dream, are all Singular things, hence the use of "A."

Winds ARE Plural, which requires "The."

What's the Targaryen word for "Winter"?

He would have named the book something else to fit the other names is my point. He is a stickler to incredible levels of detail and consistency. 

10 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Or, just maybe, "A Wind of Winter" would have made no sense?

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one, no?

None of this icebrandon stuff is happening on the show or in the books.

On 22/06/2016 at 0:12 AM, Daendrew said:

1. A Game of Thrones
  2. A Cash of Kings
  3. A Storm of Swords
  4. A Feast for Crows
  5. A Dance with Dragons
  6. THE Winds of Winter
  7. A Dream of Spring

Yep I am with you! I want to believe! "The Wings of Winter"!!!!

I'll give theories like this one thing. Even if you know in all likelihood that they'll never happen they speak so much to that part of you that just wants massive magical fantasy awesomeness that inside you kind of hope they happen while your head keeps telling you no.

So yea why the hell not.....WINTER IS BIRTHING!

10 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I'll give theories like this one thing. Even if you know in all likelihood that they'll never happen they speak so much to that part of you that just wants massive magical fantasy awesomeness that inside you kind of hope they happen while your head keeps telling you no.

So yea why the hell not.....WINTER IS BIRTHING!

Winter is birthing! :)

2 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Question: When do you think this will all happen? When are they gonna find time to reveal Winter in the show?

The laws of physics-os do not apply on the show. I have no idea with the show anymore. The basic essence is attempted to be conveyed but with different characters playing those archetypal goals. 

I expect R+L=J tonight, the IceBrandon and the Others attacking the Wall leaving us with unDolorous Edd.

But who knows?

On 6/22/2016 at 10:31 AM, Rumy Stark said:

So is the assumption that the Ice Dragon will be on the side of the WW? Cause that is an interesting prospect, particularly if Bran is the one who wakes/raises it. 

An ice dragon is the embodiantment of ice it will fight for ice. If white walkers gets a hero who rides the ice dragon the forces of fire will lose, which could be a good GRRM ending. 

Archived