We need to trust each other now.

4 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

The 'inside the episode' segments are part of the marketing campaign.  Its there to generate hype for the next episode or, in this case, the next season.  Until next season airs,  I take it with a grain of salt. 

In the meantime,  my take remains the same as before.  Its people making a mountain out of a molehill. 

That's just denial.

1 hour ago, Joan Jett said:

Also on a rewatch I got a slight vibe of content from her while Lyanna was talking about Jon being King. Her facial expressions were shady to say the least. 

Speaking of denial,  I suggest you watch that scene again starting at around 1:03:20 on HBO Now.  As Lyanna says the the whole 'King in the North whose name is Stark' line,   the camera is focused on Jon and Sansa.  Sansa is smiling during all of it.  '

And by the way,  the person that wrote the synopsis on the HBO website needs to actually watch the episode.  Sansa continues smiling well after Jon looks away.  Its not until her eyes meet Littlefinger's that her smile fades.  

17 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

And by the way,  the person that wrote the synopsis on the HBO website needs to actually watch the episode.  Sansa continues smiling well after Jon looks away.  Its not until her eyes meet Littlefinger's that her smile fades.  

I agree and someone else said that her smile fading may have been out of fear for what the ramifications of this would mean not only for her but for Jon and the rest of the North. This just put a big obstacle in the way of LF getting his ultimate goal.

13 minutes ago, Ser_Dingleberry said:

I agree and someone else said that her smile fading may have been out of fear for what the ramifications of this would mean not only for her but for Jon and the rest of the North. This just put a big obstacle in the way of LF getting his ultimate goal.

I absolutely agree with that. Her expression is one of worry as to what Littlefinger may do next to hurt the Starks and the North now that she has rejected him.  

7 hours ago, Jane99 said:

(Though really, if they wanted to do that a monthly mini-video of the wonderful little Lady Mormont: Bears in Winter would work just as well. "Dear Diary, today a Knight of the Vale made fun of my height, so I shanked him with an icicle...") 

Wonderful! This, please!!! 

Jon is so guile-less that dealing with him must be frustrating, and if there is conflict, that is why.  Think about it.  He says:

-take the master bedroom (or whatever he called it, the Lord's room?)
-you won the war
-you called in the Knights of the Vale
-you are a true Stark while I am not.

Sansa rejected all of this.  But if somewhere, deep inside, she has ambitions, she has to blame somebody for not getting what she wants.  Jon keeps offering it to her, yet she keeps refusing.  So what we have is psychological angst.  She cannot blame herself so she has to blame Jon, who has done all the right things regarding her.  That must drive her crazy :D  

However, I agree with most.  Sansa was smiling until she looks at LF and realized again what he is capable of. 

Two seasons left.

7 episodes each.

Dany is sailing to Westeros

The Others are about to breach the Wall.

Bran is not far at all from Winterfell.

WINTER IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, would one of the tinfoil hat, Jon vs Sansa vs Littlefinger theorist, please tell me exactly how long the show would have for another subplot that has entirely nothing to do with the ultimate battle?

I will answer the question for you..........................

JACK DIDDLEY SQUAT

It's all a moot point once anyone of the following things happen

1) Bran shows up in WF

2) The Others breach the wall

3) Dany begins her invasion of Westeros

What we will get is some petty bickering between Jon and Sansa as they try to continue to unify the north (still need the umbers and karstarks) Littlefinger will get killed by the third episode of season 7.

6 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

I think the writers are being deliberately misleading (and possibly promptig the actors to be misleading in their interviews).  As others have said, they need to keep interest/hype/tension.  I think the writers are being misleading about the actual tensions, suggesting that it is more rivalry between Jon and Sansa, when I don't think it's that.

My interpretation of the godswood scene:

Earlier this season, we saw Littlefinger apprach Sansa, expecting her to be happy to partner with him again.  She rejects him.  He plants a seed of doubt about Jon.

We saw her keep a secret from Jon during the season.

Now, he approaches her again, and she rejects him again.  He says another mean thing about Jon.  

I think we (viewers) are supposed to have tension about whether or not Littlefinger's methods will work a second time.

She tells Littlefinger that when she was little, she used to think "about what I wanted, not what I had" (or something to that degree).  She now appreciates home and family more (When she and Jon first spoke of taking back Winterfell, she said it was their home, and, Bran, Arya and Rickon listed specifically as well) She told Jon he is a Stark to her (his reaction I think showed how much that meant to him, espcially considering that it was from Sansa, given their childhood relationship).  I think we are seeing Littlefinger misjudging Sansa's priorities now (I think it was when they were on the boat, after the purple wedding, when he told her the importance of knowing what people want, to know how to use them).  She used to want to be a queen, before she knew what it really meant.  I don't think he's seen that she has changed (even though she says that now she thinks about what she had).  

21 hours ago, Jane99 said:

Hmm. I'm not sure that's accurate. So I went to have a look, and it's not quite. Jon looks down at Sansa after being hailed KITN and she smiles up at him. He turns away, and we zoom in on him looking out at the cheering Northerners. The next shot is Sansa, also looking out at them - and she's smiling. Jon isn't looking at her, she isn't looking at him, but she's still smiling. She only stops smiling when she sees Littlefinger.

So either someone got sloppy with the official synopsis, or they're trolling a wee bit because controversy keeps up interest and it's a year till we get something new to argue over. (Though really, if they wanted to do that a monthly mini-video of the wonderful little Lady Mormont: Bears in Winter would work just as well. "Dear Diary, today a Knight of the Vale made fun of my height, so I shanked him with an icicle...") 

I think that if the writers and directors wanted the viewers to understand that Sansa is jealous enough of Jon's promotion to KiTN and her having been pretty much ignored by the Northern Lords to quarrel with Jon or possibly betray him, go against him, etc., they should have clarified, through the scripted words and actions and expressions of the actors, that Sansa is not feeling the love toward the new King.  

What I saw was a young woman who was happy to be home, who loved her rediscovered brother and gave up her claim of the rule of Winterfell in his favor; and who was unhappy only with Littlefinger, knowing the danger he posed to her and Jon.  I've watched the "King in the North" scene, and Sansa is still smiling after Jon isn't looking at her, or at least looks calm; her expression only changes to doubt when she meet Littlefinger's ruthless and annoyed stare; and there she seems (in my opinion) to show fear, fear of Littlefinger for Jon and herself.

We'll see what happens next season.  

And I'd love to see a monthly video short featuring the exploits of Little Lady Mormont! 

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/27/2016 at 3:21 PM, willowbark said:

I think the writers are being deliberately misleading (and possibly promptig the actors to be misleading in their interviews).  As others have said, they need to keep interest/hype/tension.  I think the writers are being misleading about the actual tensions, suggesting that it is more rivalry between Jon and Sansa, when I don't think it's that.

My interpretation of the godswood scene:

Earlier this season, we saw Littlefinger apprach Sansa, expecting her to be happy to partner with him again.  She rejects him.  He plants a seed of doubt about Jon.

We saw her keep a secret from Jon during the season.

Now, he approaches her again, and she rejects him again.  He says another mean thing about Jon.  

I think we (viewers) are supposed to have tension about whether or not Littlefinger's methods will work a second time.

She tells Littlefinger that when she was little, she used to think "about what I wanted, not what I had" (or something to that degree).  She now appreciates home and family more (When she and Jon first spoke of taking back Winterfell, she said it was their home, and, Bran, Arya and Rickon listed specifically as well) She told Jon he is a Stark to her (his reaction I think showed how much that meant to him, espcially considering that it was from Sansa, given their childhood relationship).  I think we are seeing Littlefinger misjudging Sansa's priorities now (I think it was when they were on the boat, after the purple wedding, when he told her the importance of knowing what people want, to know how to use them).  She used to want to be a queen, before she knew what it really meant.  I don't think he's seen that she has changed (even though she says that now she thinks about what she had).  

I agree. I think Littlefinger is trying to play Sansa again but she's not have anything to do with it. I agree that she appreciates her family and her Northern upbringing a lot more compared to the first season. She is a much more humble person than what she use to be.

On 6/27/2016 at 0:22 AM, GeorgeIAF said:

Loved Sansa in this episode, i thought she will continue to trust LF, but it seems she is aware of him and learned to deal with him.

Totally agree. I loved the part when he was just about to kiss her and she like "pretty picture" but no thanks.

On 6/26/2016 at 11:35 PM, Pandean said:

They actors and actresses said there would be conflict. Not what type of conflict. Just conflict. 

And you're inferring that by her looking away and stopping smile means that she is pretending/isn't happy for Jon/whatever. You keep repeating that her not smiling and looking away = some bad thing planning in her head.

Looking away means she looked away, stopped smiling means she stopped smiling. We don't know what the intention was because screenplays and transcripts write action only and at no point does anyone say "her stopping smiling means ____"

Sophie, Kit, and Liam did not say "Sansa is mad because she was not crowned QitN and now is going to have a rivalry and plot against Jon"

They said, "Jon doesn't quite value Sansa and her advice as much as he should and it will cause problems" "Sansa is used to thinking like her mother and is a bit agitated at being left out" and "Sansa and Jon are two very different characters who might have conflict next season and I don't know if it'll be pretty".

But whatever. We're obviously not going to convince each other of anything.

If you wanna keep at it, go ahead.

I have a deadline and a sequel to write and I'm way behind schedule so. -shrug- 

I totally agree with. People have been taking that interview way too seriously. They are obviously trying to get us all worked up for nothing. And that scene where Sansa looks at Littlefinger and stops smile can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't know what Sansa's thinking.

Archived