What should Jon/Sansa do now?

3 hours ago, frisken said:

5. Gather all the Lord's and pardon them for not sticking to their oaths and aiding them in the fight vs the Boltons. Unless they helped Ramsay in the war then they should be executed.

All the other points I basically agree with, but that's too many dead for the Long Night imo. Who knows if the Southron houses will ante up for the impending battle. That's why I suggested sending them to the Wall.

If Jon sends LF and the Vale Knights packing, who would help hold Winterfell?  Jon doesn't have very many men left, possibly not even enough to keep the place clean and tend to the horses.  

Something has to be done to prevent LF from marrying Sansa, unless Sansa forfeits all claims to Winterfell on marrying him.  Littlefinger doesn't appreciate or understand the North; and they would not have much use for him as a Lord.  And even if Littlefinger were to name himself Lord of the North as Sansa's husband, there is no way, realistically, for him to personally hold the North and keep control of the Vale/Robert Arryn and/or Harrenhal or whatever the Lannisters gave him in the Riverlands (can't remember what happened in the show).  

If LF wants to marry Sansa and she's willing to give up her claim to Winterfell, Jon could proclaim himself Lord of Winterfell until the return of Bran Stark; and give Sansa and LF the Dreadfort as a dower gift and fiefdom.  (though it could be that Sansa would inherit the Dreadfort by Westerosi/North law anyway, I don't know)

I can't  see the Northern lords supporting Sansa as the Stark in Winterfell unless Jon supports her and/or one of them gets to marry her.

And right now, the North, and Westeros, are facing much bigger problems:  the White Walkers, and Daenerys' eventual invasion and throwing what's left of Westeros into turmoil.  (is she even going to believe in what Tyrion calls 'grumpkins and snarks' or lift a finger to save the heirs of the Stark Usurper?)  I have the feeling Daenerys might not even meet Jon Snow until they're facing death on a battlefield together, after which one or both of them will actually die.  (money's on Daenerys)

But for now, it needs to be decided who is The Stark in Winterfell, whether on their own or in the name of the missing Bran Stark.

16 hours ago, AdmiraloftheDothrakiSea said:

Off topic but this is the same Dany who vows to bring across a horde of barbarians to rape and pillage and tear down the stone walls and kill the men in their iron suits. And you think why people rose against the Targaryens lol. But seriously though Tyrion needs to educate Daenerys on differentiating between different houses in the war which Barristan tried to do. Eddard Stark was sentenced to death for the crime of being a Stark after his brother was strangled to death and his father was burnt alive in his armour for asking for a trial by combat for coming South to answer for his son's actions (where Aerys commanded him to come to Kings Landing). Brandon's actions were stupid but from his POV Rhaegar just insulted three great houses in Westeros (the Martells, Starks and Baratheons) by running away with Lyanna which in itself was a ticking timebomb without the       pre-series events setting it off. Was Eddard just meant to offer his head to Aerys so that he isn't labelled as one of the "usurper's dogs". Seriously though someone needs to get through that thick skull of Dany's.

Totally agree. She can't just fly into Westeros and Kill everyone. Like you say Tyrion must educate her or she will end up becoming like her father. 

11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Judging from how this season played out, Jon doesn't seem like more of a favorite compared to Sansa, Dany, Brienne or Tyrion...  In the BIG Jon episode they made Jon look like a dumb commander and Sansa look like the smart savior. So who's the real favorite???

I honestly do think that Tyrion, Dany and Jon are biggest favorites of D&D, followed by Arya, Bronn and Brienne and the late Ramsay. I'm not very sure about Sansa, who seems less as a smart savior and more like a scheming b**ch to me, if you ask me, I've never seen Sansa as a D&D favorite. Jon probably didn't look as the best commander ever but I'd say that it was not intentional, I suppose he was supposed to be rather the last hero, the last good guy against a huge army of the bad, bad Boltons. His army was needed to lose so that Littlefinger could pull a Gandalf and ride there to save the day.

• 3 months later...
On 6/23/2016 at 6:08 AM, Nerevanin said:

I honestly do think that Tyrion, Dany and Jon are biggest favorites of D&D, followed by Arya, Bronn and Brienne and the late Ramsay. I'm not very sure about Sansa, who seems less as a smart savior and more like a scheming b**ch to me, if you ask me, I've never seen Sansa as a D&D favorite. Jon probably didn't look as the best commander ever but I'd say that it was not intentional, I suppose he was supposed to be rather the last hero, the last good guy against a huge army of the bad, bad Boltons. His army was needed to lose so that Littlefinger could pull a Gandalf and ride there to save the day.

The episode did not do any favors depicting Jon as a capable leader. He is very capable. What would any of us do if we just saw our baby brother killed right in front of us by a man who stole your home and brutalized your sister? I would lose my shit to be honest and damn the strategy since my one reason for fighting just got killed. I am not making excuses for Jon, but it was an accurate portrayal of the character.

When you think about it Jon has gone through a forging process the entire series. His wins were not due to dragons, his family name or wealth. Those victories came because of his will, dedication, skill and his personal character. He has done things no one south of the wall has done in recent memory. He climbed the Wall, defeated the Magnar of the Thenns and a White Walker in single combat (Sam doesn't count, that wasn't combat), made a deal with the Free Folk and more importantly avenged the Lord Commander. All of his trials and ordeals shaped him for the hard reality of what must be done. When he crawled back to the surface after nearly being trampled to death, that was his final crucible and tempering. Once he came up gasping for air it looked to me like he was reinvigorated.

I suspect in the next season they will show how capable Jon actually is as a leader.

Archived