Group E & F match 3: Iceland/Austria, Hungary/Portugal, Italy/Ireland, Sweden/Belgium

Finally some open games. This is the championship I've been waiting for. Glad Iceland progressed too! Now they're up against England, which should be a decent game.

Also, go Sweden. This is our last shot at progressing in a major tournament for the coming 50 years, since Zlatan will retire :(  

2 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

Fucking mental! Best game of the tournament. Unfortunately that means the mighty Iceland are now playing the mighty England. I might have to ditch Gylfi and the boys and go back to my real team.

I'd stick with Iceland, you'll get to support them for longer.

Let's see which pairing do we have now for the knock out phase.

Switzerland - Poland

Wales - ?

Croatia - Portugal (?)

France - ?

Germany - Slovakia (?)

Hungary - whoever finishes 2nd in Group E.

Italy - Spain (game of the round).

England - Iceland

According to Eurosport website the draw is as follows:

Match 1: Switzerland v Poland

Match 2: Croatia v Portugal

Match 3: Wales v 3rd Group C / D

Match 4: Hungary v Runner-up Group E

Match 5: Germany v Slovakia

Match 6: Italy v Spain

Match 7: France v 3rd Group C / D / E

Match 8: England v Iceland

2 minutes ago, OmnomnomPomelo said:

Hungary vs Portugal
The most interesting match yet?

Definitely the most entertaining one. Interesting is kind of the wrong word, since neither of the teams really had to win.

Group F being a complete trainwreck has definitely been the most fun part about this Euro.

Missed the Portugal/Hungary game, as I was out getting my messages. Recorded it. Will watch it later. I caught a glimpse of it when I got back and it looked a really good match, at 3-3. Am looking forward to watching a really good match, or at least a fun one, with lots of goals for a change. Tonight, I'm watching Ireland get beat 2-1 by Italy.

1 hour ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

Fucking mental! Best game of the tournament. Unfortunately that means the mighty Iceland are now playing the mighty England. I might have to ditch Gylfi and the boys and go back to my real team.

Plastic.

5 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

That was never a penalty, IMO. Incidental minor contact. And he threw himself along the ground like a sack of bricks.

Looked like he was about to take a shot. Absolutely no reason to go down. 

The ref is either incompetent, craven or corrupt. 

9 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Have the Russian fans kidnapped the Italian team and replaced them with the Russian side? They have been absolutely terrible.

Making nine changes to the starting XI might have something to do with that.

7 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Have the Russian fans kidnapped the Italian team and replaced them with the Russian side? They have been absolutely terrible.

It's not that much of a shock. They got their 6 points, why would they care about winning this match? They could lose 31-0 and would still be guaranteed to win the group.

Well, the Swedish have done quite good since the beginning of the second half... I doubt it will last long, but nice 5/10 minutes effort.

Gonna take a look at Ireland / Italy... c'mon Ireland, crush'em ! 

Archived