Will LF try to claim the North now?

3 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

Sansa saw LF kill Robins mother so...

But Littlefinger could easily deny it and say it was the other way around; that he saw Sansa kill Robin's mother and the Vale-lords believed her story which was why he took Sansa up North away from Robin.  TV-Robin isn't as close to Sansa as is book-Robin.

Also, at the moment, LF has no influence on Robin because he's thousands of miles away.  By now, back in the Vale, whoever has most recently given Robin the coolest present could have the most influence on the kid.

LF would be very foolish to try to claim the North as Sansa's husband.  The Northern Houses respect strength of arms, charisma/leadership ability, and/or heredity from other Northern Houses.  LF would probably be unable to keep the Vale-knights up at Winterfell forever; and he's not a particularly charismatic leader, he gains power by preying on the weaknesses of others and by being a good accountant and ingratiating himself with Tully women. The Northern Houses won't respect that, and some of the surviving younger lords might decide to claim Sansa and Winterfell over LF's dead body.  Also, given the huge isolation of Winterfell from LF's southern interests (King's Landing, the Vale, Harrenhal/Riverlands), he simply would not have time and energy to hold power in those places if he's busy trying to lord it in Winterfell.

Littlefinger is going to do whatever he can do to gain the most power.  And I honestly believe that would mean he would need to marry Sansa and hope that she becomes Queen of Winterfell.

I can see him trying to persuade Sansa into thinking that Jon doesn't have her best intentions in mind and try to split them.  This is what I think will play out.

So to me what will be interesting is what will Jon do about LF.  I know Jon is fan favorite but I think he's an idiot just like every other male Stark, and he won't realize that potential threat of LF til it's too late. 

2 hours ago, Drunken_Sailor24 said:

Littlefinger is going to do whatever he can do to gain the most power.  And I honestly believe that would mean he would need to marry Sansa and hope that she becomes Queen of Winterfell.

I can see him trying to persuade Sansa into thinking that Jon doesn't have her best intentions in mind and try to split them.  This is what I think will play out.

So to me what will be interesting is what will Jon do about LF.  I know Jon is fan favorite but I think he's an idiot just like every other male Stark, and he won't realize that potential threat of LF til it's too late. 

Well up until now Jon never met LF or so... Sansa even does not know LF betrayed her father. This is where Sandor should come in. SANDOR WHERE ARE YOU?

Hopefully next season we will see Sandor joining WF force. 

Back to LF, I don't think he wants to marry Sansa to himself. I think marrying Sansa to Robin will benefit him much more. 

12 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

Never did get that scene -- LF visited Royce at Royce's castle. Neither LF nor Robin command Royce men-at-arms to kill Lord Royce, no more than could Ned Stark have come to the Bolton's castle and order Bolton men to kill Lord Bolton.

The Arryns are one family, they simply can't order every other family's men around anytime they want, especially to kill their lord.

Stop applying logic to the show :). Of course it didn't make sense... Royce should have all the power in that scene, but nooo... not in this show :).

8 hours ago, farm_ecology said:

I don't believe he controls robin, no more than Cersei controlled Joffery or currently controls Tommen. LF has a strong influence on Robin, but look at the exchange between him and robin, it's not the control LF would perhaps enjoy.

I think that's not true. Robin probably sees LF as the "dear uncle Petyr" who would always come with gifts, to play games with him and who is his friend, probably the first and only one. It seems clear to me from the scene with lord Royce that LF has huuuuge influence over Robin, that Robin trusts him and supports him no matter what. Cersei couldn't do anything with Joffrey or Tommen, but LF can manipulate Robin very easily. I suppose that if he said to Robin "Do this!" and "Don't do this!", Robin would refuse to do it, because he is the lord. But LF is not LF to him, he is his friend Petyr and his dear friend Petyr would never order him to do something. No, friend Petyr only hints things in such a way, that eventually it's always the brave and smart lord Robin who makes the decisions, like when LF manipulated him to ride north.

1 hour ago, Chib said:

Back to LF, I don't think he wants to marry Sansa to himself. I think marrying Sansa to Robin will benefit him much more. 

I don't think so. If LF arranges marriage between Sansa and Robin, he loses any possible power over the North. I honestly can't think of a single advantage that LF would have from the marriage Sansa+Robin. But if it is LF who marries Sansa, he gains a lot. Currently, Sansa is the heir to Winterfell. With her, LF would de facto rule the North. Even if Jon somehow manages to seize the power, an accident can happen and Sansa would be Jon's heir. Sansa is also a descendant of the Tullys. Currently, there are only 2 Tullys left - Edmure and his son. They are both in quite a very dangerous position and can die anyday. Although Riverrun is currently held by the Freys/the Crown, things can change pretty quickly. And, let's not forget that Petyr Baelish is by the title the superior lord in the Riverlands. So far he hasn't even laid a foot in Harrenhal, since it's been his, but if he ever rules the Riverlands, it's possible that the River lords would accept him much more easily if his wife was a grand-daughter of their late lord Hoster Tully. And, of course, Littlefinger has great influence over Robin Arryn and thus he will have a powerful ally. I don't think that Robin's ever thought about marrying Sansa, so he won't see it as that LF stole his bride.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

I don't think so. If LF arranges marriage between Sansa and Robin, he loses any possible power over the North. I honestly can't think of a single advantage that LF would have from the marriage Sansa+Robin. But if it is LF who marries Sansa, he gains a lot. Currently, Sansa is the heir to Winterfell. With her, LF would de facto rule the North. Even if Jon somehow manages to seize the power, an accident can happen and Sansa would be Jon's heir. Sansa is also a descendant of the Tullys. Currently, there are only 2 Tullys left - Edmure and his son. They are both in quite a very dangerous position and can die anyday. Although Riverrun is currently held by the Freys/the Crown, things can change pretty quickly. And, let's not forget that Petyr Baelish is by the title the superior lord in the Riverlands. So far he hasn't even laid a foot in Harrenhal, since it's been his, but if he ever rules the Riverlands, it's possible that the River lords would accept him much more easily if his wife was a grand-daughter of their late lord Hoster Tully. And, of course, Littlefinger has great influence over Robin Arryn and thus he will have a powerful ally. I don't think that Robin's ever thought about marrying Sansa, so he won't see it as that LF stole his bride.

The thing is, he will have no army if he marries Sansa as other Vale lords clearly will dislike that. If he let Sansa marry baby Robin, he can still have control over Vale army somewhat. 

I think Lord Royce should just kill Littlefinger and Robin both and claim they killed each other fighting over which one of them got to suck the milk from Sanda's titties. I doubt a single person of importance in the Vale would miss either of those dipshits, and the Vale would certainly be better off with Royce in charge.

4 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I think that's not true. Robin probably sees LF as the "dear uncle Petyr" who would always come with gifts, to play games with him and who is his friend, probably the first and only one. It seems clear to me from the scene with lord Royce that LF has huuuuge influence over Robin, that Robin trusts him and supports him no matter what. Cersei couldn't do anything with Joffrey or Tommen, but LF can manipulate Robin very easily. I suppose that if he said to Robin "Do this!" and "Don't do this!", Robin would refuse to do it, because he is the lord. But LF is not LF to him, he is his friend Petyr and his dear friend Petyr would never order him to do something. No, friend Petyr only hints things in such a way, that eventually it's always the brave and smart lord Robin who makes the decisions, like when LF manipulated him to ride north.

But this is kind of what I mean. LF can influence little Robin, but Robin is by no means the most stable person in Westeros. Look at how he convinces Robin, it isn't a case of "Oh yeah, you're right LF!" Robin seems a bit hesitant. If LF falters just once, or if Robin doesn't like something he said, that LF out the moon door. He is also a jealous type who might resent LF spending time elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Yes, definitely seems like Sansa offered herself in marriage to LF to get the Vale troops.  I always felt that's what LF ultimately wanted in the books as well...they will just get there differently.  LF used his influence over Robin to get the Vale where he wanted it, now he will probably look to get rid of him as seems to be hinted at in the books.  Not sure what LF's specific plan with regards to Harry the Heir is though...he definitely seems to be angling for war with Harry the Heir leading the Knights of the Vale as Robin is incapable of that.  My guess is the show just substituted Robin/Royce for Harry the Heir to simplify characters like they tend to do a lot.  

Good question, but I'd be really surprised if Littlefinger tries to openly seize power.

It's really not his M.O., and I think it would be really inconsistent with the conversation Littlefinger

and Sansa had in Mole's Town a few weeks ago.

But who knows, maybe we're about to get another curve ball.

Unless Littlefinger wants to openly break with the crown -- and I don't think he's ready to do that yet -- then he has been commissioned to: take possession of Winterfell from whomever holds it, return the North to the king's peace as its new warden, and then either behead Sansa Stark or bring her back to KL for trial.

From there, the next question is whether LF will allow Jon and the remnants of his army to live or die. I'm sure he won't kill Sansa because she is the only Stark left, so more than likely he will stash her in a tower somewhere for safekeeping and tell Cersei that she has disappeared, again.

But Jon is another matter. It would be safer to just kill him and be done with it, but it would add more drama if somehow LF brings Jon in on some scheme, perhaps against the Freys -- or at least convinces him to cool his heels somewhere up North until LF is ready to openly defy the crown.

So LF cannot proclaim or even allow Jon as the new KotN without being branded a traitor in KL and stripped of all lands, titles and honors. And the only way he could get them back is by using his Vale army to take on the crown, Highgarden and Casterly Rock. He can't do that now, but if, say, both Dorne and the Ironborn were to suddenly attack the Reach...

I dont care what LF tries to do. He dont have an army, and there are two Starks in WF now. He is not in command of the army, the Vale commander is. Trying to marry Sansa is his best option, but im more than sure that Snow aint having that since he gave her to the boltons. I would love to see how this will play out.

Good thing Sandor's heading North, huh? He was present in the throne room when LF turned on Ned. 

Bran has likely seen the betrayal and LF's plots in his visions since he's seen everything Bloodraven has seen. 

Lysa admitted to killing Jon Arryn for Petyr in front of Sansa. At some point Sansa will stop compartmentalizing and remember this.

LF lied about Sansa being kidnapped to Royce in the presence of Robert Arryn.

Logically, there's no way LF manages to live for long next season. In season four Robert promised Sansa he'd execute people for her. I think we'll see her via Robert slaying the giant in the snow castle next season. 

On 6/22/2016 at 11:35 PM, King Onion Knight said:

Sansa saw LF kill Robins mother so...

All LF has to say is it was Sansa. Which is completly irrelevant anyways becuase if little finger dies the Vale leaves. Good luck hold the noth against the lannisters with a few thousand men at most, yet alone against the WW

On 6/23/2016 at 10:12 AM, Net-Viper X said:

I think Lord Royce should just kill Littlefinger and Robin both and claim they killed each other fighting over which one of them got to suck the milk from Sanda's titties. I doubt a single person of importance in the Vale would miss either of those dipshits, and the Vale would certainly be better off with Royce in charge.

How would Royace possibly pull that off ? Little finger pays all of his guards very well and is precieved to have power

Archived