Will LF try to claim the North now?

Between War of the 5 Kings, Red Wedding, Iron Born invasion and battle of the bastards the North's strength has been heavily sapped.
Now we have a relatively fresh Vale force (likely with many more in reserve still in the Vale) in Winterfell. LF can simply take over. Who can stand up to him? Manderley maybe?

Or will LF be happy to have Sansa in charge in Winterfell (owing him for rescuing her from King's Landing and from Ramsey's army). This way LF has Sweet Robin in The Vale and Sansa in The North. Will he be happy being the man behind the power or will he want to actually be Lord of Winterfell?

LF does not own Vale army. Their commander technically hates LF a lot. I don't think they would listen to what LF say 100% like: "Take the north for me!" They would give back a middle finger to LF lol

1 minute ago, Chib said:

LF does not own Vale army. Their commander technically hates LF a lot. I don't think they would listen to what LF say 100% like: "Take the north for me!" They would give back a middle finger to LF lol

He controls robin therefor he controls the vale and its armies.

I don't know if he will actually turn out to be that bold because he works in the shadows but it was his original plan with Cersei--let Stannis and the Boltons kill each other, he will swoop in and take Winterfell and bring Sansa back to KL.  We know he won't do that to Sansa, but the other parts of his plan have played out the same, just a different player.

3 minutes ago, tormond said:

The thing is he can't use Vale army in an invasion. They came there under the reason of assisting Sansa and that's it. Vale commander would kick him if he order them to conqure the North

4 minutes ago, Chib said:

The thing is he can't use Vale army in an invasion. They came there under the reason of assisting Sansa and that's it. Vale commander would kick him if he order them to conqure the North

Did you not see how he almost had lord Royce killed and then told robin to forgive him this time. Royce was gonna do exactly what you propose and his head almost came off

Just now, tormond said:

Did you not see how he almost had lord Royce killed and then told robin to forgive him this time. Royce was gonna do exactly what you propose and his head almost came off

Robin only told LF and Vale army to assist Sansa. it's the exact mission Vale army is doing there. They were not told to come and invade the North. 

1 hour ago, Battle Kitten said:

I don't know if he will actually turn out to be that bold because he works in the shadows but it was his original plan with Cersei--let Stannis and the Boltons kill each other, he will swoop in and take Winterfell and bring Sansa back to KL.  We know he won't do that to Sansa, but the other parts of his plan have played out the same, just a different player.

Do we know he won't do that the Sansa though?

1 hour ago, tormond said:

True but that was all LF manipulating Robin to think Royce had betrayed Sansa. If LF tries to take The North by force it means he's going against Sansa, and Robin would not be a fan of that, assuming show Robin is still as into Sansa as book Robin. 

1 hour ago, Rumy Stark said:

True but that was all LF manipulating Robin to think Royce had betrayed Sansa. If LF tries to take The North by force it means he's going against Sansa, and Robin would not be a fan of that, assuming show Robin is still as into Sansa as book Robin. 

LF can manipulate Robin into thinking Jon is a threat.

3 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

LF can manipulate Robin into thinking Jon is a threat.

I just don't think that LF will do anything that Cersei wants. He already was playing her and I am sure he knows about her imprisonment and loss of power. He doesn't care about that nor taking North like that, because he knows he can't hold by force.

What he wants is either to marry Sansa himself or engage her to Robyn and take her back to Vale.

1 minute ago, Masha said:

I just don't think that LF will do anything that Cersei wants. He already was playing her and I am sure he knows about her imprisonment and loss of power. He doesn't care about that nor taking North like that, because he knows he can't hold by force.

What he wants is either to marry Sansa himself or engage her to Robyn and take her back to Vale.

You´re right, I don´t think he seeks attrition with the North. Which is precisely why I can see him influencing Sansa into getting rid of Jon - specially if it turns out that´s he´s indeed a Stark or Robb´s Will shows up, there will be a problem with succession there. And LF backing Sansa against Jon seems like the less controversial stance. The North will remember Jon being a deserter who brought Wildlings south of the wall - and they will not be sensible enough to think "oh but he did it to help Sansa", they will see a greedy bastard who wants to be Lord of Winterfell.

14 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

You´re right, I don´t think he seeks attrition with the North. Which is precisely why I can see him influencing Sansa into getting rid of Jon - specially if it turns out that´s he´s indeed a Stark or Robb´s Will shows up, there will be a problem with succession there. And LF backing Sansa against Jon seems like the less controversial stance. The North will remember Jon being a deserter who brought Wildlings south of the wall - and they will not be sensible enough to think "oh but he did it to help Sansa", they will see a greedy bastard who wants to be Lord of Winterfell.

Of course, reliable spoilers do say that 

Spoiler

Northmen call for Jon to be King of the North. Sansa supports and he accepts

I am not sure about Sansa play on this - to spite LF plans? 

@Masha

Sorry, I don´t read spoilers. If it has anything to do with Jon being King instead of Sansa, the She-Wolf of France is the only queen in the History of England to order the execution of a King. I´m fairly sure she´s a huge source of inspiration for Sansa, so I can see her final arc being that of betraying Jon the King in order to put her own son in the Throne.

3 hours ago, tormond said:

Never did get that scene -- LF visited Royce at Royce's castle. Neither LF nor Robin command Royce men-at-arms to kill Lord Royce, no more than could Ned Stark have come to the Bolton's castle and order Bolton men to kill Lord Bolton.

The Arryns are one family, they simply can't order every other family's men around anytime they want, especially to kill their lord.

8 hours ago, tormond said:

I don't believe he controls robin, no more than Cersei controlled Joffery or currently controls Tommen. LF has a strong influence on Robin, but look at the exchange between him and robin, it's not the control LF would perhaps enjoy.

Archived