Is Jon Snow finally among the best swordmen?As

As far as Ramsay goes ... he very much isn't as good a swordsman as Jon is. If Ramsay'd accepted Jon's offer of a duel, Jon would have owned him with one hand tied behind his back and hobbled.

The point is made especially clearly in the books - Ramsay was never actually trained to fight by anyone who knew how to fight. Ramsay is an amateur, at best. Ramsay's "training", such as it was, came from the first Reek - the worthless manservant that Ramsay's mom got from Roose to help handle Ramsay.

well in the show Ramsay fights off Ironmen shirtless and with a dagger. He is a savage but he fucking fights.

Also if I were Ramsay I'd have just taken an arrow shot at Jons knee or something..keep aiming somewhere that Jon wouldnt think of totally protecting as he's walking towards Ramsay...

• 1 month later...

I think Jon is on his way in both the books and the show. His opponents have been increasingly been tougher than the last and while it may just be barely he finds a way to win. So in just terms of swordsmanship he is getting there, now I will go on a limb and say he is one of the best fighters in the series.

Archived