The next big threat after the Others

Mordor

21 hours ago, PCK said:

The next big threat to me is finding something as good to read.

Me too :thumbsup:

It would depend of the world status after the LN. If, as I believe, a return of the Golden Age of the Empire of Dawn, pretty much nothing could threaten it. Otherwise, another stupid, cruel, mad king will suffice.

But I don't think GRRM will write anything post ASoIaF. And no one else could do it legally, not in a satisfactory way. And if someone could, he/she should write his/her own universe.

13 hours ago, Lord Vance II said:

Dany has nothing to offer Westeros but fire and blood. She's the absolute last thing they need right now, I fear for Westeros if she brings everyone she potentially could. And there's no way she can let the Dothraki stay, what is she going to do, just let them roam around the Reach? Maybe put them to work repairing all the stone houses they tore down. 

i'm hoping that in the long run Dany can offer precisely what Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys ultimately brought: long lasting peace and prosperity to Westeros.   They gathered their army from their conquests regionally and made short work of most of the resistance.   Dany with these foreign forces seems like overkill, but look at the state Westeros is actually in.   In fairness she needs more than fire and blood to settle this realm.   Her strategy will play largely in the effect she has and there are those useful dragons that will come in so handy in precisely the nick of time no doubt.  She's a savior more than conqueror, though she certainly does a good job conquering downtrodden peoples.   The people of Westeros are war weary and face enormous threats in The Others, plague and famine.   Can she save Westeros?  It's not her type of saving and I'm not sure she can do this without powerful allies. 

Archived