The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

On 7/18/2017 at 1:56 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Playing Pictionary. Now I said nametag. The answer was name. Why am I getting so much flak for counting that as a win?

Edit: Now I awarded someone else a point for saying candycane with the answer being cane. Same two people are throwing the biggest fit. 

I dunno I've always counted those as a correct answer.  Sounds like you're playing with a bunch of hard-asses.  If the answer is "rainbow" and someone says "rainbow Skittles" that's a win in my book.

In other news, I'm back after a hiatus!  

And I'm being forced to watching the new Power Rangers movie.  I love my kids and all, but sometimes I regret giving them a choice on movie night. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised... but I was more into X-Men and Ninja Turtles as a kiddo in the early 90's.  Requisite bourbon is in order here.

Was at Bdubs watching the Yanks game earlier tonight, and noticed my second whiskey coke tasted quite differently than the double-tall well shit I order and drink at home - it's Bankers Club here.  Turns out they ran out of Bankers Club and the bartender was just putting Jameson in there.  I promptly told her to just give it to me on the rocks.

^^As a very hairy guy it's always been weird to me how my arm hair isn't that bad, relatively speaking.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:19 PM, Ded As Ned said:

And I'm being forced to watching the new Power Rangers movie.  I love my kids and all, but sometimes I regret giving them a choice on movie night. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised... but I was more into X-Men and Ninja Turtles as a kiddo in the early 90's.  Requisite bourbon is in order here.

I AM VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK! Xoxo.  ET is on Netflix right now.  I'm just telling you because it's a great watch with a few beers.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

^^As a very hairy guy it's always been weird to me how my arm hair isn't that bad, relatively speaking.

I was pretty dismayed as a relatively hairless gal at how LONG AND PROUD OF ITSELF mine was.  This screen is a fucking mirror when you don't want it to be.  Trade ya.

18 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Trade ya.

Never!  I'm a white male.  That'd be like trading Park Place (without a trust fund can't claim I'm Boardwalk) for Baltic Ave.  Only thing I can offer is reassurance, if you're interested in the opposite sex.  I can say categorically a woman's arm hair has never bothered me.  For a non-personal example, I recall Alyssa Milano's arm hair was particularly noticeable, even on television.  That....did not alter my thoughts about her, in any way.

57 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Sometimes I come here to post deep confessions, things like "I'm totally enthralled by The Great British Bake Off right now"... and decide against it even with the alcohol urging me on.

Is that show entertaining?

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Is that show entertaining?

It's not that great really, at least for me.  Other than a couple guilty pleasures, I generally dislike reality shows.  I hate baking.  Too much precision, too little room for error.  But by the 2nd episode I found that it has some unknown quality that keeps me glued to the tv.  I've been watching 2-3 episodes a night all week.  I do find the differences in food culture interesting.  Things like "biscuits" over there is an entire genre of food, and none of it being what I think of when I think "biscuit".

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, Ded As Ned said:

It's not that great really, at least for me.  Other than a couple guilty pleasures, I generally dislike reality shows.  I hate baking.  Too much precision, too little room for error.  But by the 2nd episode I found that it has some unknown quality that keeps me glued to the tv.  I've been watching 2-3 episodes a night all week.  I do find the differences in food culture interesting.  Things like "biscuits" over there is an entire genre of food, and none of it being what I think of when I think "biscuit".

I've relayed this story on the forum once already, but because biscuits were mentioned (and I'm more than slightly inebriated)  I'm going to tell it again. 

"Ahem"

Six of my coworkers and I were sitting around rapping up shift change. We were nearly finished when the British Liaison walks into the office. Being the nice guy he is, he asks us if anyone cared for a digestive.

We respond: Huh? A digestive? No thank you, none of us have stomach problems right now.

He says, "No. Digestives aren't medicine. They're a tasty biscuit."

We all thought he was offering us a certain breakfast food. "No thank you Tom. We don't feel like eating any biscuits right now".

"Okay, I'll just have one myself". He then brings out a sleeve of cookies.

P.S. This is a condensed version of the actual conversation. But I believe it gets the gist of the discussion across. 

Edit: A friend of mine came back from vacation in Orlando, FL. She got me a new shot glass that looks like a fish. Had to test drive it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to Cinci last weekend for a wedding.  Bourbon country.  Every bar knew how to make a proper old fashioned which led me to getting whiskey wasted with the groom the night before the wedding.  Two day hangover for that one which led to a very unpleasant 11 hour drive home.

Worth it :)

4 hours ago, MercurialCannibal said:

yesterday i had 5 beers, 2 mezcal cocktails and 4 manhattans.

today i have a broken phone, rolling insides and an aggressive headache. 

but,  boy did we have fun!

Probably that's better than an agressive phone, broken insides, and a rolling headache.  Mezcal is a delight that keeps on delighting.

Archived