The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

On 10/13/2017 at 2:10 PM, aceluby said:

Went to Cinci last weekend for a wedding.  Bourbon country.  Every bar knew how to make a proper old fashioned which led me to getting whiskey wasted with the groom the night before the wedding.  Two day hangover for that one which led to a very unpleasant 11 hour drive home.

Worth it :)

I forget not everyone has the pleasure of living in bourbon country. :)  Glad you made some memories

On 10/15/2017 at 8:57 AM, Ded As Ned said:

I forget not everyone has the pleasure of living in bourbon country. :)  Glad you made some memories

It was great, and now I'm on a definitive bourbon kick.  So many great choices in the $20-30 range.  Can't find a decent scotch or irish whiskey for under $40.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:51 AM, MercurialCannibal said:

yesterday i had 5 beers, 2 mezcal cocktails and 4 manhattans.

today i have a broken phone, rolling insides and an aggressive headache. 

but,  boy did we have fun!

I just checked in here to think about drinking.  This is a great reminder that I have to work tomorrow morning and should probably stick with tea tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

it took me 39 years on this fine planet to master the art of the grilled cheese sammich... but now that I have, I find I'm acutely aware that I certainly have a grilled cheese "problem".  The evening is not quite the same without a grilled cheese.  If you can, why would you not?   

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

it took me 39 years on this fine planet to master the art of the grilled cheese sammich... but now that I have, I find I'm acutely aware that I certainly have a grilled cheese "problem".  The evening is not quite the same without a grilled cheese.  If you can, why would you not?   

Eatings cheating!

GUYS, I AM PLANNING MY END OF SEMESTER HANGOVER.  WHAT SHOULD I DRINK TO CREATE IT?  I WILL BE SPENDING THE DAY IN BED WATCHING THE UNBREAKABLE KIMMIE SCHMIDT AND ALREADY PLANNED MY GREASY BREAKFAST (BOUDIN REHEATED IN THE MICROWAVE SO I DON'T HAVE TO COOK).

5 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

GUYS, I AM PLANNING MY END OF SEMESTER HANGOVER.  WHAT SHOULD I DRINK TO CREATE IT?  I WILL BE SPENDING THE DAY IN BED WATCHING THE UNBREAKABLE KIMMIE SCHMIDT AND ALREADY PLANNED MY GREASY BREAKFAST (BOUDIN REHEATED IN THE MICROWAVE SO I DON'T HAVE TO COOK).

Well this part immediately made me think Pinot Noir but wine hangovers are no fun in my experience. So I will say rum, which i’ve acquired a taste for recently. Or, if you are feeling “fancy” (not really fancy, but it passes for such here in the barbarous north) rhubarb gin and your mixer of choice...

49 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well this part immediately made me think Pinot Noir but wine hangovers are no fun in my experience. So I will say rum, which i’ve acquired a taste for recently. Or, if you are feeling “fancy” (not really fancy, but it passes for such here in the barbarous north) rhubarb gin and your mixer of choice...

Yeah, rum gets my vote too.

Very good suggestions.  I had actually kicked around Red Wine / Champagne as it gives spectacular hangovers.  I am lucky that I just get REALLY REALLY tired and a little queasy unless I eat when I wake up still drunk.   I will launch this bodily assault IMMEDIATELY after turning in my final grades and attendance records for my TEN CLASSES (Jesus Wept).  So the whisky coffee isn't an option.  OR IS IT???  THERE'S SOME SPLITS IN THE FRIDGE AND THE BOSS HAS CROWN CARAMEL IN HIS DESK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Have not had Rhubarb Gin, but WANT.

11 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Yeah, rum gets my vote too.

Hm, it's gonna be cold, my association with rum is the Carribbean.  Dunno if I can get a decent bottle within biking distance.  Getting my fainting couch all ready.  NOT going to subject my pretty girlfriend to the REEKING DRUNK I will be bringing to bed.  Also, it's close to the kitchen where the COLD WATER and BOUDIN SAUSAGE BREAKFAST will be.  Gonna boil some eggs to round it out.

19 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

YES! That would almost make me want to skip right to the hangover.

Almost.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

@Lily Valley  We are still awaiting your report!!

In other news, in 48 hours you people who put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving (and the especially egregious crime of watching Christmas movies before Thanksgiving!) will be off my shit-list.

Happy Thanksgiving yo! :cheers:

I'm sorry. Yesterday I heard Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on the radio, and I actually sang along. I am so ashamed of myself.

Edit: Oh. And in good Thanksgiving news Krogers was selling turkeys for $6.75. Ended up buying 3. 

Archived