The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Myself? Got a bottle of Jack here. Gonna drink an early shot to the eventual completion of your dissertation!

Well can't leave that unanswered!  Appreciate it man.  :cheers:

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How much better is that than the regular Four Roses? 

It's better.... but nothing earth shattering.  It's also only $10 more per bottle and really good for the price point (~$40)

8 hours ago, aceluby said:

It's better.... but nothing earth shattering.  It's also only $10 more per bottle and really good for the price point (~$40)

Hmm, will have to give it a try. It's a good excuse to swing by Surdyk's too, since they don't have it at my local shop.

18 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

So I've been petulantly avoiding this thread out of pure pique over not being allowed to make a weed thread, but now I find myself in need of counsel. What does one who does not drink do with a $250 bottle of scotch that they got for a birthday present?

Find a buyer and sell it at a discount?  If not then hold onto it for special occasions.  Or should you not appreciate a great scotch on special occasions, donate it to someone who would?  

21 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

So I've been petulantly avoiding this thread out of pure pique over not being allowed to make a weed thread, but now I find myself in need of counsel. What does one who does not drink do with a $250 bottle of scotch that they got for a birthday present?

You mail that stuff to Tywin et al., son! 

• 1 month later...

The drunk thread needs to be pined because it is hard as hell to find while drinking.

Anyway, I have a 4 day weekend from school and i'm daydrinking (Kiran beer) while writing midterm exams.  It's a thing of beauty.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

My little sister got engaged tonight.  Mazel tov!!!

Congratulations to her! (Drinks a shot in celebration of her engagement)

I hope your sister feels properly honored that hers is the first random internet engagement I've drunken a shot to. 

Did I win the argument during the discussion? No. Both parties quit the discussion convinced that they were right. But after discussion's end I did look up the correct answer using the power of INTERNET, and am fully prepared to resume the conversation tomorrow night armed with the proof of my correctness. My closing statement shall consist solely of "Nyah Nyah, I was right!"

38 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Congratulations to her! (Drinks a shot in celebration of her engagement)

I hope your sister feels properly honored that hers is the first random internet engagement I've drunken a shot to. 

Meh, good enough for me - :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

It's my birthday.  Or, well, I guess at this point it was.  This clip is super nostalgic for me.  And I'm so so very proud I've my own little sister, so it gets me in in that way.  Whatever, I'm drunk and stoned and it's my birthday.  Drinks I had today:  2 expertly made Long Islands, 2 Mohitos, 3 Jack and Cokes, 2 single malts, 1 JW Blue, and now at Beam and coke as people pass out.  Good day!

Archived