The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

4 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

But because when I drove through Georgia a month ago I was delayed an hour because of traffic/detours.

When I lived in Orlando I drove through Georgia at least once a year.  There was always construction/detours on the interstate - and I lived there for 7ish years (2007-2014).  Take a shot a whiskey for that!

11 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

When I lived in Orlando I drove through Georgia at least once a year.  There was always construction/detours on the interstate - and I lived there for 7ish years (2007-2014).  Take a shot a whiskey for that!

Done. Done. Three times done.

7 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I was saying for myself.  Guess I owe ya two shots!

Only if the drinking gods say so. If they're silent on the matter, don't worry about it. I'd hate for someone to take more shots than necessary, unless absolutely mandated by the drinking gods. Even then I'd be leery about listening to them. Those guys are usually drunk.

46 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Only if the drinking gods say so. If they're silent on the matter, don't worry about it. I'd hate for someone to take more shots than necessary, unless absolutely mandated by the drinking gods. Even then I'd be leery about listening to them. Those guys are usually drunk.

Meh, at least for today, the gods be good!

Drunken musing of the evening.... I live in the eastern time zone in east-central Kentucky, which you could call the western part of the eastern time zone.  I've been working in the Florida panhandle for the past couple weeks, just inside the eastern part of the central time zone which has totally screwed up my internal clocks with the rising and setting of the sun about an hour earlier than what I'm tuned into.  (Plus all my tv shows here come on an hour early... wtf?) 

Anyway, how do the Flat Earthers explain away time zones?  I get that the GPS satellites and relativity and all that are government conspiracies.  But do they think the government is in kahoots with the sun?  Or is it a conspiracy with the people who make clocks?  If the earth were a flat disc there would pretty much be one time zone.  Maybe an hour in California is only really 30 minutes to someone on the east cost?  The mind it boggles.

Hellz yeah it was a good 4th!  No children were injured, adults only had minor burns, and an excellent time was had by all in the vicinity of Ned's meager homestead. 

Secondly I'd like to add the reason we're all going to work hungover tomorrow is because you assholes didn't vote for me.  I checked the ballots.

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

Hellz yeah it was a good 4th!  No children were injured, adults only had minor burns, and an excellent time was had by all in the vicinity of Ned's meager homestead. 

Secondly I'd like to add the reason we're all going to work hungover tomorrow is because you assholes didn't vote for me.  I checked the ballots.

Yep. Exactly why I didn't vote for you. Such an abuse of your position!

On 7/5/2017 at 2:08 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Yep. Exactly why I didn't vote for you. Such an abuse of your position!

Well it wasn't like I was looking at individual ballots... the vote total of 1 told me all I need to know.  I guess people didn't like my platform that we change all federal holidays to holiweeks.  I'm sure it wasn't the supreme power and tyranny that turned voters off  :dunno:

On 6/28/2017 at 11:43 PM, Ded As Ned said:

I live in the eastern time zone in east-central Kentucky

In the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I trace my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You'll never leave Harlan alive

That's right.  All I know about where you live is based on a song I heard in a TV show.  But it was a pretty damn good TV show.  No matter - cheers!

Once passed out on a bus.  When the driver woke me up at the end of the line my phone was gone.

Anyway, tonight I drink to self hate.  The underlying and omnipresent notion that I abandoned my best chance to make a difference by leaving/refusing to return to DC and committing myself to academia.  That I have embraced underachievement and a lack of ambition, disappointing not only my own expectations but that of my father (who in actuality has always been supportive).  Ya know, what you think about drunk at 5 am.

My old school buddies had a reunion gig with their old punk band yesterday and due to an overabundance of cheap beer I ended up getting properly drunk for the first time in ages.

Today I had to deal with my first proper hangover in ages.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:24 PM, larrytheimp said:

In my most satisfying dreams, I drink nude on public transit.

That's a way better recurring dream than my Not Ready for a Test And/Or Class dream. I mean I graduated college over a decade ago one would think my unconscious anxieties would find another way to manifest themselves by now. 

Anywho...I forgot how popular that there Game of Thrones show is and when I stopped by my trusty neighborhood booze merchant this afternoon they were all out of  GoT themed Ommegang beer. I went with Delirium Tremens so far from a total loss. 

Playing Pictionary. Now I said nametag. The answer was name. Why am I getting so much flak for counting that as a win?

Edit: Now I awarded someone else a point for saying candycane with the answer being cane. Same two people are throwing the biggest fit. 

Archived