A True Kaniggit

The Drunk Thread: Vacation Shot Glass Gift Edition

196 posts in this topic

Drinking nude seemed like such a good idea until I spilt beer on my balls.

As for drinking on buses...trains are better, although there is more risk involved. Missing a stop is less worrying when they're only a few streets apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old school buddies had a reunion gig with their old punk band yesterday and due to an overabundance of cheap beer I ended up getting properly drunk for the first time in ages.

Today I had to deal with my first proper hangover in ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my most satisfying dreams, I drink nude on public transit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 5:24 PM, larrytheimp said:

In my most satisfying dreams, I drink nude on public transit.

That's a way better recurring dream than my Not Ready for a Test And/Or Class dream. I mean I graduated college over a decade ago one would think my unconscious anxieties would find another way to manifest themselves by now. 

 

Anywho...I forgot how popular that there Game of Thrones show is and when I stopped by my trusty neighborhood booze merchant this afternoon they were all out of  GoT themed Ommegang beer. I went with Delirium Tremens so far from a total loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Playing Pictionary. Now I said nametag. The answer was name. Why am I getting so much flak for counting that as a win?

Edit: Now I awarded someone else a point for saying candycane with the answer being cane. Same two people are throwing the biggest fit. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2017 at 1:56 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Playing Pictionary. Now I said nametag. The answer was name. Why am I getting so much flak for counting that as a win?

Edit: Now I awarded someone else a point for saying candycane with the answer being cane. Same two people are throwing the biggest fit. 

I dunno I've always counted those as a correct answer.  Sounds like you're playing with a bunch of hard-asses.  If the answer is "rainbow" and someone says "rainbow Skittles" that's a win in my book.

In other news, I'm back after a hiatus!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'm being forced to watching the new Power Rangers movie.  I love my kids and all, but sometimes I regret giving them a choice on movie night. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised... but I was more into X-Men and Ninja Turtles as a kiddo in the early 90's.  Requisite bourbon is in order here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ad on the top of this page said that "Under age drinking destroys brain cells."

Quite a relief I'm over 40....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that "Rocket Man" (aka, me) had the worst arm hair problem.  I have no mitigators for that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at Bdubs watching the Yanks game earlier tonight, and noticed my second whiskey coke tasted quite differently than the double-tall well shit I order and drink at home - it's Bankers Club here.  Turns out they ran out of Bankers Club and the bartender was just putting Jameson in there.  I promptly told her to just give it to me on the rocks.

^^As a very hairy guy it's always been weird to me how my arm hair isn't that bad, relatively speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 7:19 PM, Ded As Ned said:

And I'm being forced to watching the new Power Rangers movie.  I love my kids and all, but sometimes I regret giving them a choice on movie night. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised... but I was more into X-Men and Ninja Turtles as a kiddo in the early 90's.  Requisite bourbon is in order here.

I AM VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK! Xoxo.  ET is on Netflix right now.  I'm just telling you because it's a great watch with a few beers.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

 

^^As a very hairy guy it's always been weird to me how my arm hair isn't that bad, relatively speaking.

I was pretty dismayed as a relatively hairless gal at how LONG AND PROUD OF ITSELF mine was.  This screen is a fucking mirror when you don't want it to be.  Trade ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Trade ya.

Never!  I'm a white male.  That'd be like trading Park Place (without a trust fund can't claim I'm Boardwalk) for Baltic Ave.  Only thing I can offer is reassurance, if you're interested in the opposite sex.  I can say categorically a woman's arm hair has never bothered me.  For a non-personal example, I recall Alyssa Milano's arm hair was particularly noticeable, even on television.  That....did not alter my thoughts about her, in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I come here to post deep confessions, things like "I'm totally enthralled by The Great British Bake Off right now"... and decide against it even with the alcohol urging me on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Sometimes I come here to post deep confessions, things like "I'm totally enthralled by The Great British Bake Off right now"... and decide against it even with the alcohol urging me on.

Is that show entertaining?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Is that show entertaining?

It's not that great really, at least for me.  Other than a couple guilty pleasures, I generally dislike reality shows.  I hate baking.  Too much precision, too little room for error.  But by the 2nd episode I found that it has some unknown quality that keeps me glued to the tv.  I've been watching 2-3 episodes a night all week.  I do find the differences in food culture interesting.  Things like "biscuits" over there is an entire genre of food, and none of it being what I think of when I think "biscuit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, Ded As Ned said:

It's not that great really, at least for me.  Other than a couple guilty pleasures, I generally dislike reality shows.  I hate baking.  Too much precision, too little room for error.  But by the 2nd episode I found that it has some unknown quality that keeps me glued to the tv.  I've been watching 2-3 episodes a night all week.  I do find the differences in food culture interesting.  Things like "biscuits" over there is an entire genre of food, and none of it being what I think of when I think "biscuit".

I've relayed this story on the forum once already, but because biscuits were mentioned (and I'm more than slightly inebriated)  I'm going to tell it again. 

"Ahem"

 

Six of my coworkers and I were sitting around rapping up shift change. We were nearly finished when the British Liaison walks into the office. Being the nice guy he is, he asks us if anyone cared for a digestive.

We respond: Huh? A digestive? No thank you, none of us have stomach problems right now.

He says, "No. Digestives aren't medicine. They're a tasty biscuit."

We all thought he was offering us a certain breakfast food. "No thank you Tom. We don't feel like eating any biscuits right now".

"Okay, I'll just have one myself". He then brings out a sleeve of cookies.

 

P.S. This is a condensed version of the actual conversation. But I believe it gets the gist of the discussion across. 

Edit: A friend of mine came back from vacation in Orlando, FL. She got me a new shot glass that looks like a fish. Had to test drive it.

 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now