Dany Now Has Two Stark Sympathizers By Her Side

[Deleted]

9 hours ago, Count Winter said:

True, but story wise that's not so interesting. I cannot believe GRRM has something up his sleeve for exactly that...

Pretty sure that's what the WWs are for. Against humans she's fine, the Others will be a challenge. Plus, besides Euron, I'm not sure how much fighting she'll actually have to do against other houses especially once everyone starts to realize the threat that's headed to wipe them all out, which will be fairly soon.

10 hours ago, blckp said:

i think 4 people trying to get iron throne currently ,

Daenerys

Euron

Little finger

Margaery (she seems given up on tommen)

+faith militant trying to control crown

+Sansa might join in game of throne

lannisters in deep shit now

I'm not sure margery has given up on tommen.  If she doesn'tdie I see Dany giving her and qot the reach/keep high garden 

8 hours ago, Kytheros said:

If R+L=J had a marriage, and Jon is legitimate, he would go in front of Daenerys in the Targaryen succession under normal circumstances.

First, the precedent was set that in the Targaryen succession to the Iron Throne, all legitimate males come before any legitimate females.

Second, even if you start from Viserys and use the succession from anywhere else - the brother's son comes before the sister per everywhere except the Iron Throne's succession and Dornish succession. Per the Dornish succession, the elder sibling's child comes before the younger sibling.

However, it would be extremely difficult to prove that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married.

Besides Dany has dragons. Jon does not currently have dragons. He likely will bond with one, thus proving his Targaryen blood, if not his legitimacy.

Dany's dragons, however, make the circumstances of determining the Targaryen succession not normal.

Except aerys named visyris his heir over rheagar 

Jon Snow should behead Daenerys if he ever meets her, either that or send her into exile, that is how Canon Jon would react as Jon felt disgusted by Axell Florent who watched his own brother get burned alive and did nothing to help him.

No matter what Viserys did, Dany still watched him get his head melted and did nothing to help, Jon would feel disgusted by Dany and therefore should never be on her side.

Sadly knowing D&D I not only fear for the very boring Targaryen + Stark ally vs Lannisters but also for the cliché incest Jon x Dany romance.

On June 25, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't think Danny will go too hard on the starks, she didn't kill Tyrion (the brother of her father's killer), and I'm with the persons who said the R+L=J will change dramatically the opinion of Daenerys on the starks (I think R+L=J was created as a plot tool for many other things)

As you said, Sansa is friend of Theon and I may add that also Sansa is the ex-wife of Tyrion

based on the scenes of Melisandre and Kinvara, I think that the end game is that Azor Ahai is two persons = Jon + Dany, the ultimate union against the ultimate enemy

IIRC, Sansa is still married to Tyrion. That Bolton wedding was ALL farce... except for the rape.

8 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Jon Snow should behead Daenerys if he ever meets her, either that or send her into exile, that is how Canon Jon would react as Jon felt disgusted by Axell Florent who watched his own brother get burned alive and did nothing to help him.

No matter what Viserys did, Dany still watched him get his head melted and did nothing to help, Jon would feel disgusted by Dany and therefore should never be on her side.

Sadly knowing D&D I not only fear for the very boring Targaryen + Stark ally vs Lannisters but also for the cliché incest Jon x Dany romance.

I hate to break it to you but if Jon and Dany happen in the show it is probably happening in the books too.  I mean I am with you, I don't want to see it happen because Dany can do so much better than that bore whore but the forshadowing in the books is there for it.

oh and lol at Jon ever being in a position to behead Dany.

7 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Spoiler

If Dany shows up with dragons when the Night King comes calling Canon Jon would thank his lucky stars.

I don't think Jon Snow is going to care much about what happened four years ago between Dany and her brother Viserys.  "Canon" Jon Snow's plate will be full with his many enemies.

Dany talked about needing to make a political marriage in Westeros and the only Kings left are Jon and Euron.  It's one or the other imo.  

Those who still think Dany is going Mad Queen (Cersei could use a friend I guess) will pray for it to be Euron obviously....good luck with that, not much else I can say.  If you think Dany is mad and a villain, I'm not gonna try to talk you out of it.  

To me, it's pretty obvious that it will be Jon, but we should have this question settled once and for all within the next few months.  If Kit and Emilia have scenes together for S7, sites like Winter is Coming and Watchers on the Wall will report it.  If there is a Northmen vs. Dany battle, they will report that too.  We'll know the nature of Dany's relationship with Westerosi characters very soon.    

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I hate to break it to you but if Jon and Dany happen in the show it is probably happening in the books too.  I mean I am with you, I don't want to see it happen because Dany can do so much better than that bore whore but the forshadowing in the books is there for it.

No because Books Jon already confirmed he's disgusted with traitors and kinslayers who would watch their own blood get burned alive and do nothing to help them out which is exactly what Daenerys did,she's a disgusting person in Jon's eyes who will never get any respect from him.Jon can totally be at a postion of power over Dany, lol how naive are you to believe Dany will just conquer Westeros, kill the Walkers with her dragons in 5 minutes and it's over.

Also I don't know why you're even bringing up that "Dany can do so much" better.

Jon might be boring but Dany is a cliché mary sue who has the worst chapters out of any main character in ASOIAF.

Actually calling any character boring in comparison with Dany is just facepalm worthy, I thought I was reading twilight going through Dany's ADWD povs.

9 minutes ago, ValrianSunni said:

I don't think Jon Snow is going to care much about what happened four years ago between Dany and her brother Viserys.  "Canon" Jon Snow's plate will be full with his many enemies.

Sadly you're right in the show he won't care, he won't forget it in the books and will tell Dany the truth to her face, that she disgusts him.

As the season progessed, I fear more and more that it's all headed to a Stark+Targaryen alliance with Jon and Daenerys actually marrying each other.That goes for the book as well. 

I can see it now. King Jon and Queen Dany marry with a realm united. The Lannisters survive and still hold lordship over Casterly Rock under Lord Tyrion. The Dothraki and Ironborn suddenly reform their cultures. Euron, Littlefinger, the Boltons, and the Others are destroyed. The Starks and Targs live happly ever after knowing that the Baratheon ilk(who were somehow the true villains of the rebellion all along) is finally destroyed. Very disappointing if it unfolds like this.

On 25/06/2016 at 11:26 AM, Solstice said:

I think Dany will learn more about her father and her brother after her arrival in Westeros. She started her journy with the assumption, that her family was the victim and  the other families of Westeros the cruel ursurpers - pretty much black and white.

Later in story Barristan told her about her fathers madness, but nothing too concrete and he praised Rhaegar a lot.

Last episode Tyrion told her that Aerys burned innocent people. 

I think she will discover more and more the truth about her father and brother and that her family isn't the only victim in this story.

I wonder, if she will overthink her position as a conqueror. Her main goal was too defeat the eveil ursuper, but she is probably learning, that they weren't that evil and Aerys was just unbearable. It will be intersting which truth she will lean about Rhaegar. 

Of course she wants to break the wheel too, but we don't know, if there is so much to break, after she arrives in Kings Landing.

I would like to see her views and reasons for her conquering getting destroyed.

About Danny wanting to "break the wheel", she reminds me so much of EGG! I think he would be very proud of her. He aways wanted to make life better for the smallfolk and used to think: "if only I had dragons"

Honestly, when Dany was dismissing Daario, to marry if need be, I felt like that was foreshadowing to a Jon/Dany marriage. I think once she finds out he is Rhaegars son, all animosity towards the Starks will end.

14 hours ago, Jedi Renee said:

Except aerys named visyris his heir over rheagar 

That doesn't matter. Rhaegar's line wasn't disinherited, merely passed over as immediate heirs. And, to be fair, when Aerys named Viserys his heir over Rhaegar's son Aegon, Aegon was less than two years old.

If you start from the point of Viserys as being that last Targaryen King/head of House Targaryen, and determining his heir. His brother's legitimate son goes ahead of his sister for a number of reasons.

1) Precedents have been set that a legitimate male comes before all legitimate females in the Targaryen succession to the Iron Throne.

2) Standard order of succession - Brother before sister, brother's son before brother's daughter, and brother's children before sister

3) Dornish order of succession - elder sibling before younger sibling, elder sibling's children by age, and elder sibling's children before younger sibling. Rhaegar is/was the elder sibling of Daenerys, therefore he and his line come before her.

All this assumes that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. If Jon is the bastard of Rhaegar and Lyanna, then, yes, Daenerys comes before him in the technicalities of the Targaryen succession.

6 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Why should team Winterfell give her a chance?

She has dragons. The North and the King in the North knelt to dragons once before. Armies of men can't truly fight dragons. Plus, they'll probably be helpful when it comes to fighting the White Walkers and the wights - as will the rest of Dany's forces.

Now, after episode 10, it's a little bit more like two and a half, with Varys there. He's not exactly a Stark sympathizer, but he respected Ned for being a good and honorable man, if rather unwise in the ways of the Great Game. He's likely to advocate making some sort of deal with the Starks ... and killing Littlefinger just as quickly as can be accomplished.

22 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Why should team Winterfell give her a chance?

if starks refuses to kneel, she can obliterate them in less than 2 minute literately , do you understand colossal power difference between them?

coming

Torrhen crossed the Trident, where he knelt and laid his crown at the feet of Aegon I Targaryen, and swore fealty. For his surrender, he was named the Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North

17 hours ago, Kytheros said:

That doesn't matter. Rhaegar's line wasn't disinherited, merely passed over as immediate heirs. And, to be fair, when Aerys named Viserys his heir over Rhaegar's son Aegon, Aegon was less than two years old.

If you start from the point of Viserys as being that last Targaryen King/head of House Targaryen, and determining his heir. His brother's legitimate son goes ahead of his sister for a number of reasons.

1) Precedents have been set that a legitimate male comes before all legitimate females in the Targaryen succession to the Iron Throne.

2) Standard order of succession - Brother before sister, brother's son before brother's daughter, and brother's children before sister

3) Dornish order of succession - elder sibling before younger sibling, elder sibling's children by age, and elder sibling's children before younger sibling. Rhaegar is/was the elder sibling of Daenerys, therefore he and his line come before her.

All this assumes that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. If Jon is the bastard of Rhaegar and Lyanna, then, yes, Daenerys comes before him in the technicalities of the Targaryen succession.

She has dragons. The North and the King in the North knelt to dragons once before. Armies of men can't truly fight dragons. Plus, they'll probably be helpful when it comes to fighting the White Walkers and the wights - as will the rest of Dany's forces.

Now, after episode 10, it's a little bit more like two and a half, with Varys there. He's not exactly a Stark sympathizer, but he respected Ned for being a good and honorable man, if rather unwise in the ways of the Great Game. He's likely to advocate making some sort of deal with the Starks ... and killing Littlefinger just as quickly as can be accomplished.

Viserys named Daenerys as his heir and named princess of Dragonstone ,

After Rhaegar died on the Trident, Prince Viserys Targaryen was apparently named heir to the throne by King Aerys II Targaryen, while Aegon was still alive. After Aerys's death Viserys was declared king on Dragonstone. Viserys would later name his sister Daenerys his heir, by declaring her to be the Princess of Dragonstone

i think King Aerys named Viserys as heir because he found out Rhaegar was trying to rebel with his friends

After this, Rhaegar married the Dornish princess Elia Martell in a lavish ceremony. His father did not attend the wedding because he was paranoid about an assassination attempt and did not even permit the young Prince Viserys to attend. Rhaegar and his father's relationship was straining at this point and he and his new bride took up residence on Dragonstone instead of King's Landing. Rhaegar and Elia had their first child, a girl named Rhaenys, in 280 AC. When the babe was presented at court, Rhaegar's mother embraced her grandchild warmly while King Aerys remarked "she smells Dornish". The relationship between Aerys and Rhaegar became more and more estranged.

When Lord Tywin resigned his position as Hand of the King and left court, the new focus of King Aerys's mistrust and paranoia was his own son and heir Prince Rhaegar. At court, there was growing tension between the factions loyal to the king and those loyal to Prince Rhaegar. Grandmaester Pycelle had dispatched a letter to the Citadel, writing that tensions and division at court strongly resembled those before the Dance of the Dragons. Pycelle was fearful of a civil war between those loyal to the king and those who supported Rhaegar would break out unless some accord could be reached that would satisfy both factions

In either 280 AC or 281 AC, Lord Whent announced a tourney would be held at Harrenhal to rival any previous tournament. It is believed by some that the tournament was secretly arranged and financed by Prince Rhaegar, as a pretext, so Rhaegar could meet up with the Great Lords of the realm to discuss arranging a Great Council and the removal of his father.

so basically its almost impossible for Jon Snow to have better claim than Dany, other than fan wish,  so many condition needs and some thing needs to turn out false even then great consul needs to determine,

16 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

What are the chances we see some new version of the "The King Who Knelt" with Jon and Day's armies meeting in a field? If so, would it end the same way?

doubt we will see starks vs Dany so i think chance pretty high, considering the colossal power difference and Jon Snow being not stubborn idiot like Cersei 

Dany said she needs to marry someone to make alliances, and I think Jon is a good man for Dany to marry, he has the north by his side. And with Tyrion's opinion about him, I think she would accept that. Tho it's too good to be true someday... 

Archived