Re: Abrupt Dany and Tyrion "Friendship"

Am I the only one who's bothered that Dany accepted Tyrion without question? All throughout the books and the show we are constantly reminded that Dany views the Lannisters as one of the Usurper's dogs and she'll have no problem wiping them out to exact revenge. I've been banking on some sort of confrontation between Dany and Tyrion  just so the latter can prove he'll be an invaluable addition to her team. But in the show that part was left out and all of a sudden Dany is heeding Tyrion's counsel. She didn't even question what this imp is doing, running her city, when she came back. 

3 hours ago, Boy and Girl Wadish said:

Am I the only one who's bothered that Dany accepted Tyrion without question? All throughout the books and the show we are constantly reminded that Dany views the Lannisters as one of the Usurper's dogs and she'll have no problem wiping them out to exact revenge. I've been banking on some sort of confrontation between Dany and Tyrion  just so the latter can prove he'll be an invaluable addition to her team. But in the show that part was left out and all of a sudden Dany is heeding Tyrion's counsel. She didn't even question what this imp is doing, running her city, when she came back. 

You present some good issues for consideration, but I guess my assumptions have been that (a) Dany is a LOT more thoughtful about these types of issues than she used to be.  Note that, as I recall, Barristan told her in Season 5 that actually, the Mad King WAS crazy (which she basically acknowledged that she understood as recently as last week while talking with Tyrion, Theon and "Yara" when she, Dany, basically said they all had bad fathers or evil fathers or something like that).  I believe Dany has evolved quite a bit on this subject since listening to Viserys' version of events years ago. (Not that any of this means Dany no longer desires to rule Westeros, though.)

Also, (b), we can also assume there has been some conversation we were not privy to.  I know this is weak from a story-telling standpoint and unsatisfying for us, but if I can at least theoretically reconcile possible problems with the story in my mind, then that's at least a bit better to me than situations that just don't make ANY sense (such as huge plot holes).

Hard to say for sure, though, since on t.v. we don't have their internal, unspoken thoughts like we do in the books.

I thought it was completely unbelievable too.

First of all it seemed like the show was trying to establish that Dany has some sort of a temper issue, with her struggling to heed Barristan's council and burning a slaver randomly in the next episode. 

Then Tyrion arrives and basically tells her to hher face that he is measuring her to see if she's worthy of his council.

So now we have a teenage queen with a temper getting told, by a dwarf who belongs to the family that killed her father, that she is being evaluated by him. And instead of flipping out she invites him to a private audience where they drink and have pretentious small-talk.

Dany's acceptance of Tyrion is a lot more plausible than her acceptance of Yara in my opinion.  It seems the writers are really sticking to the girl power motif.  And it does seem they are out to make all men in positions that matter look like fools.  Jon, Stannis, Ned, Tommen, Robb to some extent.  It is getting very tiresome.

But Dany the all wise can breeze through stuff with absolutely no problem

Archived