Drink from the cup of ice....drink from the cup of fire...

tugela

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Sydney Mae said:

I see this as a possible allusion to the 23rd psalm.  Daenerys Targaryen's cup will overflow with the blessings  of the Gods.  Bountiful.  All of the main characters are blessed in their own way: the Starks with their wargs skills, born into a noble family; Tyrion, son of the wealthiest man with an unlimited allowance; Daenerys is blessed with beauty, brains, superpowers, nobility.  Daenerys has been blessed by fire and given the gift of dragons.  The prophecy seems to say she will also receive blessings from ice and given something precious, maybe the gift of warging.

Knowledge is a blessing.  The cups of fire and ice represent blessings.

I'll go with knowledge.  The cups represent access to knowledge.  Having both cups will allow Dany to challenge the "gods" themselves, the "wizards behind the curtains who manipulate mankind" for their own interests.  She already did this, actually.  The warlocks/undying of Qarth are their versions of Greenseers.  Dany and Drogon set them on fire and the undying are no more.  The undying ones are now dead ones.  I hope she does the same to the Greenseers, and their precious weirwoods.  I don't think it will be the gift of warging but instead knowledge of how the Seers have manipulated mankind.  It's time to light them up, including Bran and Summer.  

The cups represent the temptation to learn more knowledge.  The gods must naturally try to guard their secrets else they will lose their power over humans.  Daenerys Targaryen was hungry for knowledge and tasted of the cup but thanks to her smarts and her dragon, she was able to defeat the trap and roast the Undying Ones.  I guess they're no longer the Undying but the dead ones after Drogon cremated them.  

It will be interesting to see if Bran can break out of the Children's trap.  

I think we should explore these cups a little bit deeper.  Daenerys went to the Palace of Dust because she wanted to know where to find an army big enough to conquer the seven kingdoms.  She's smart and she knows the Baratheons are not going to step aside.  The Undying didn't really give her any answers to that question.  They showed her random visions that may or may not really mean anything.  Jorah came up with the idea to go to Slaver's Bay and it was Daenerys herself who came up with the plan to free the Unsullied from their brutal masters.  Can it be that the only person one can rely upon to solve their own problems is themselves?  The Undying did not really tell Daenerys how to obtain an army.  I give Jorah the credit for the idea and Daenerys herself for the brilliant move that got her the best infantry in the world.

Archived