acroPHILIA lucky #13...Rocksniffer's cherry has been popped...and the crowd goes wild! !

rocksniffer

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

This ogdoad is driving me crazy. If that's not how you spell it don't tell me so, it will worsen my mood.

I felt the same, until I found an answer that I considered reasonable and which matched my theme idea. I never looked for any other options after that because I didn't think I could come up with another guess for this one. I have a very strong guess for the author though. :P

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

This ogdoad is driving me crazy. If that's not how you spell it don't tell me so, it will worsen my mood.

I'm pretty confident now but it did drive me insane too.

When I realised I burst out laughing!  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'm pretty confident now but it did drive me insane too.

When I realised I burst out laughing!  :lol:

I didn't. Does that mean that my guess is different from yours? :unsure: 

26 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

I didn't. Does that mean that my guess is different from yours? :unsure: 

I had been driving myself crazy over it, and then the realisation came suddenly in a random flash of understanding that I cannot even recall how it came about. The humour I found was in the absurdity of the moment, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edit: the one I'm most worried about is the 1st clue

9 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I had been driving myself crazy over it, and then the realisation came suddenly in a random flash of understanding that I cannot even recall how it came about. The humour I found was in the absurdity of the moment, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

LOL. It was driving me crazy, too, and I looked at the clue from every possible angle - and then something clicked suddenly. The more I think of my guess, the better it seems, but I'm still not sure. 

I decided to look at the clues and thought: "Oh, that is a great clue!"

But then remembered that I got the theme (it was so long ago!), and the answer does not fit the theme.

And now I cannot make myself to really look at the clues not only for all the other reasons, but also because the intended answers must be much less interesting :ninja:

5 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

I'm not sure I like the words "literally" and "another" above, but I am intrigued. :o

Do tell, Ser.  Some juicy gossip will help pass the time. 

Game 7. The lovely Rhaena Sandship hosted it. We think she had an illness that took her before the conclusion of the game.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Game 7. The lovely Rhaena Sandship hosted it. We think she had an illness that took her before the conclusion of the game.

That is the saddest thing ever. A toast to Rhaena Sandship, wherever she may be. 

I hope that Sniffer is just suffering from the mother of all hangovers and will be back with us soon. Or has won the lotto and has no need for us....

Well, with 'sniffer we have the advantage that we can try asking SWMBO, if she, being his niece, knows anything... with Rhaena... she started to host the greatest Acrophilia game ever and then she just vanished, leaving us horribly worried :(

4 minutes ago, yomi said:

Well, with 'sniffer we have the advantage that we can try asking SWMBO, if she, being his niece, knows anything... with Rhaena... she started to host the greatest Acrophilia game ever and then she just vanished, leaving us horribly worried :(

The amount of effort she went to was amazing. All those awesomely artistic documents she created for each round.

Twas terribly sad.

rocksniffer did not make it to WorldCom.  He had a family get-together before the con, and then posted that a family member was seriously ill (like, dying) and that family came first.  We were greatly disappointed but we understood.  I have not seen him post in Facebook at all, so I assume things have not gone well.  :(

Archived