acroPHILIA lucky #13...Rocksniffer's cherry has been popped...and the crowd goes wild! !

rocksniffer

Welcome friends to ye olde Sniffer’s cherry popping version of our beloved acroPHILIA…let’s call this one lewd lucky #13 in honor of the age I lost my virginity… :commie:

Here’s a shout out to the father of ‘philia, the ever Dolorous Gabe, and to all the past hosts and players…winners and losers alike :cheers:

Since I am literally a self-described salty old dawg…I am guessing y’all have already gleaned that this game is going to be slightly risqué. I know this might be different, but now don’t be scary, chers, I promise I have done my due diligence and literally minutes of sober research to enhance your enjoyment…if you wanna join the party, and I surely hope you do, send me a PM titled “acrophilia #13 <boardname>”

The regular rules will apply with only a few exceptions…here is the quickie version... :leer:

5 rounds. No names or nicknames but sigils, locations and house words are cool. Be specific with clues or I shall reject them and chastise the author vigorously.

Themes will be based on actions, ideas, situations, etc. taken directly from the pages of ASOIAF. Since this is my kinda game, themes will reflect aspects of the story that might be unexpected or off color but not vulgar…well, not shockingly vulgar, cause hey a little smut is good for the soul…there will be a ‘big picture’ theme that connects all rounds. Successfully guessing larger theme will earn a player 5 additional points, to be added at the end of the game, however, the guesses at ‘big picture’ theme can be made at anytime and standard theme guessing rules will apply. Free prelim lists will be accepted and I will answer yes/no questions…about the clues only… at the cost of 1 point per question.

Here is a longer, funnier version of the rules shamelessly plagiarized from all of the previous games with a few of the sniffer’s special touches in red…I suggest everyone give it a look for a laugh and to see how twisted i can be …

Spoiler

I am copying this original post of Dolorous Gabe the Father of ‘philia almost verbatim because I think it rocked…thanks again Gabe, my friend…and to the all other hosts i stole bits and pieces of rules from...

A warm welcome to all ye fair and fearsome ladies, dignified and dishonourable men alike. Today we venture forthwith into the deepest depths of depravity that is the inaugural game of 'Acrophilia', Acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin. Our anti-heroic foray into the unknown is open to all comers, to acrophobes and acrophiles akin, to abstainers, absconders and to achievers. (These words are especially relevant to me as a virgin host…I am looking forward to it being more satisfying to you all than the beautiful young lady who had to suffer through my first “anti-heroic foray”… :shocked:)

Nevertheless, equality here can only last so long, for a champion will climb from this collected contingent of courageous competitors.

The idea behind this newfangled game is that players will be given a ASOIAF character to create a clue to using one of
two possible acronyms. Players will then have the chance to guess the character from the clue. There will also be a common theme linking each character in each round, so players can also make a guess at the theme of the round. There will also be a 'big picture' theme linking all individual themes...this theme is based on my favorite line in the TV show, spoken by my favorite character...a couple of general hints will be given in thread, but the line is classic sniffer...however for the players not familiar with the show, the theme is something that all the round themes have in common...

Here reads the regulations of this rambunctious racket:

PHASE 1: Time will be given to players to register an interest in playing the game. I will have to cap entries at
12...if I am so lucky as to have 12 people who are interested in seeing me make a fool of myself trying to host this game... Prospective players will please send your game host (rocksniffer) a pm with the subject titled acroPHILIA [insert board name here]

PHASE 2: 
Two randomly generated acronyms will be produced and each registered player will be privately (randomly chosen from the list) given a character from ASOIAF to produce a clue to using one of the given acronyms without using the name of the character (no nicknames either). ASOIAF place names will be allowed as well as refs to sigils and house words. Please make the clue point mainly to the character you were given. If your clue can work for multiple characters or is too easy, I will reject the clue and properly chastise the author :spank:.  Characters may or may not turn up more than once in the game. I will try to make sure nobody gets the same character twice…but that may not work out, so you will just have to cope with it…

PHASE 3: Players send their entry in to the host privately. Once all clues have been pm'd, the host posts them all together onto the game thread. Players should, but are not required, to provide a satisfactory explanation as to how the clue works to the host (I can be pretty drunk and/or stoned much of the time, so cut me some slack…if I can’t figure the clue out I will ask for you to explain it to me).

PHASE 4: Players then have to guess the character for each entry. Answers MUST be sent privately to the game host.
No guesses, ideas, theories, musing about the clues or the answer to a clue can be discussed in thread...general bitching or praising of clues is acceptable to a point...just remember... Loose lips sink ships. :whip:

The final thing for players to work out will be the theme of the round, which will be something that links the characters, something they all share. I will be taking my facts from the wiki, and/or directly from the pages of the books in creating a theme for each round and no theories will be taken into account, only what we know. 

Additional PHASE 4 rules:

Players may submit a preliminary list of guesses for free, at which point the host will inform the player how many clues he/she has gotten right. Theme guesses may be submitted anytime in the round but only one prelim guess will be allowed. I shall respond that the guess is 'correct', 'totally wrong' or something in between using the amount of points the guess would earn. Players will then have until the guessing stage deadline to amend their answers and make the final theme guess for the round

I will answer Yes/No questions at the cost of one point each. Remember to format your question so that a yes or no answer is helpful. For example, “Is the correct answer to clue 6 alive?” will yield specific information. However “Is the answer to clue 6 alive or dead” would only yield a yes, the subject is either alive or dead.

I like seeing the answers before guessing for a favorite clue, so that is how this game will be. I will post the clues and answers after everyone has submitted a list and then players will have 24 hours to vote for a favorite clue.

PHASE 5: Answers are officially published on the game thread and the host will count up and publish the scores and a table of entrants.

END OF ROUND - the next round will then commence at 'phase 2'.

Scoring  :leer:

Spoiler

3 points for correctly guessing a clue

5 points for correctly guessing the theme…yes 5 points, cause my themes are worth it.  1 – 4 points for coming close 

1 point for each player who guesses your clue correctly with no limit…but if I deem your clue to easy…I shall ask for you to revise or replace it

Voting for a favourite clue will earn you 1 point. You will also get 1 point for each favourite clue vote your entry receives. but only if you have also voted for your favourite clue, otherwise kiss those points goodbye 

Clue hints: -1 point per yes/no question answered. No questions about theme will be answered, but I will probably give a free general theme hint in thread for all to see

5 points to first player (if any) in every round who guesses all clues and the theme correctly

5 points to any player who guesses the ‘big picture’ theme…everyone will have a chance at these points since it will be the hardest to figure out…good luck

Players:

Dolorous Gabe

yomi

Julia H.

Ser Not Appearing

Stoned_Heart

Lady Blizzardborn

Fragile Bird...winner of lucky #13 :cheers:

Castellan

lil' ghost

Aegon the Poached

a Shadow :ninja:

I am looking forward to leading y’all through the dungeon of debauchery that is ASOIAF as seen through the eyes of a dawg…

…the drinks, herbs and additional lubricants are on me!

:pimp:

Hahahaha brilliant!

Lovely to be reminded of my first Acrophilia post  :D

Now Sniffer, is it literally true that you are a "salty old dawg" or literally true that you are "self-described" as such?

Or both?

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Hahahaha brilliant!

Now Sniffer, is it literally true that you are a "salty old dawg" or literally true that you are "self-described" as such?

Or both?

of course it is both, my dolorous brother...you know i am living the salt life  :pimp:

sad902_white.jpg

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

O. M. G.  :o

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Hahahaha brilliant!

Or both?

The tales he could tell about sailing the seven seas....

And about doing things like being at Woodstock.  Yes, that Woodstock.

ahh yes the stories....and they are many, this is true...lewd and lots of turpitude... :leer:

best part of Woodstock...losing my pants and not giving a shit....seeing gracie slick up close...

:pimp:

5 points to first player (if any) in every round who guesses all clues and the theme correctly

That sounds like a good idea to make players not wait till the last minute to send their answers in... although in my experience it could be replaced by "5 points to a shadow, if a shadow is playing seriously".

On 6/26/2016 at 8:16 AM, yomi said:

That sounds like a good idea to make players not wait till the last minute to send their answers in... although in my experience it could be replaced by "5 points to a shadow, if a shadow is playing seriously".

yes or SwmbO, who is good at ferreting out the answers but i don't think she is playing since her delivery schedule during the summer is tight...

and i need a :ninja:

On 6/26/2016 at 3:25 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'll give it a shot, if only because this time rocksniffer can't challenge me for last place. ;)

welcome aboard...i look forward to seeing how you ride this wild storm ;)

11 hours ago, lil' ghost said:

I want to play, but I don't want to play at the same time...

well test the waters... play the first round and see if you can navigate the dungeon of debauchery that is my mind ;)

Archived