acroPHILIA lucky #13...Rocksniffer's cherry has been popped...and the crowd goes wild! !

rocksniffer

Very well, I shall host the next game.

But beware, for I feel it would be sensible to warn you all that the dreaded Acro-Demon has visited and is currently forming a terrible curse that will hang heavily over Game 14.

I will leave that little teaser for your collective curiosity to wonder on.

:leaving:

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Very well, I shall host the next game.

But beware, for I feel it would be sensible to warn you all that the dreaded Acro-Demon has visited and is currently forming a terrible curse that will hang heavily over Game 14.

I will leave that little teaser for your collective curiosity to wonder on.

:leaving:

That sounds sinister. What do you think the time-frame would be on this dark and dread three-round game?

9 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

That sounds sinister. What do you think the time-frame would be on this dark and dread three-round game?

Just so we all know how long we need to hide out in the Wolfswood or in an underground cave... Would it be a good idea to glamour ourselves as well?

Thanks for hosting Sniffer!

You have effectively twisted my feeble mind into knots worthy of the boy scout you are.  :blink:   

@Dolorous Gabe I think Sniffer's game has shown that I am most definitely more Kimmy Schmidt than Jack Donaghy.  :huh:  I will simply observe until my dignity grows back (hopefully it's faster than my bangs)

10 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I can try to have it finished before November if you're concerned about NaNoWriMo? It's all planned out so it would just be a case of starting the thread and getting people on board ASAP so it's ready to go not too long after Sniffer's game officially ends.

48 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Just so we all know how long we need to hide out in the Wolfswood or in an underground cave... Would it be a good idea to glamour ourselves as well?

There are ways you can protect yourself against the curse during gameplay.

45 minutes ago, Destiel's Child said:

@Dolorous Gabe I think Sniffer's game has shown that I am most definitely more Kimmy Schmidt than Jack Donaghy.  :huh:  I will simply observe until my dignity grows back (hopefully it's faster than my bangs)

Haha I often feel the same way! I do recommend reading the rules in the next game before making a decision though. It might yet shift the game into a fashion that retains your dignity.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Haha I often feel the same way! I do recommend reading the rules in the next game before making a decision though. It might yet shift the game into a fashion that retains your dignity.

You imply, ser, that I have any left to retain.  

But, the idea of demons and curses intrigues me.  I have encircled myself with salt and am ready to go. :uhoh:

Now I just need to figure out what a NaNoWriMo is and we're set :P

38 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I can try to have it finished before November if you're concerned about NaNoWriMo? It's all planned out so it would just be a case of starting the thread and getting people on board ASAP so it's ready to go not too long after Sniffer's game officially ends.

<snip

Actually I was thinking about a tooth that's been giving me problems. I'm having it removed on the 7th, if not sooner. Just trying to gauge whether I'll be able to play or not. I think I'll go for it. Worst that can happen is I don't win...again. :D

1 hour ago, Destiel's Child said:

You have effectively twisted my feeble mind into knots worthy of the boy scout you are.  :blink:   

Aw, don't feel bad. I inspired the game and I've never won it. 

ROUND 5 RESULTS...

1. Hosted many. Sex? Ye$!...All? No! - CHATAYA’S BROTHEL and 12. Baby slaughterer.Targeted. - ALLAR DEEM

...as stated, SwmbO wrote clue 1 and 12...thanks to her for helping an old fart out with the spreadsheets and her work on the extra clues i needed once we lost our 11th player. :cheers:  

2. Our ramparts never faltered. Rightfully serving, I found King exceedingly churlish. - STANNIS BARATHEON

Author: SER NOT APPEARING

author = points 

voting = point 

sum = points 

3. Oblivious, responsible, noble father. Rightfully serving, I found King envinced cruelty. - NED STARK

Author: LADY BLIZZARDBORN

guessing = 30 points 

author = points 

theme = points 

voting = point 

sum = 40 points 

4. Handsome mountaineer sentimentally yodeled a name. - OBERYN MARTELL

Author: a :ninja:

author = points 

voting = point 

favorite votes = points 

sum = points 

5. But shadow’s tall. - TYRION LANNISTER

Author: FRAGILE BIRD

guessing = 33 points 

author = points 

theme = points 

voting = point 

favorite votes = points 

bonus = points (uber theme)

sum = 54 points 

6. Horny, merry supplant yearns apathetically?! Nonsense. - ROBERT BARATHEON

Author: Stoned Heart 

guessing = 18 points 

author = points 

voting = point 

bonus = points (uber theme)

sum = 27 points 

7. He’s manipulative...subtle, yet ambitious...nefarious. - LITTLEFINGER

Author: LIL’ GHOST

author = points 

voting = point 

sum = points 

8. Buried. Secret tears. - JON ARRYN

Author: JULIA H.

guessing = 30 points 

author = points 

theme = points 

voting = point 

favorite votes = point 

sum = 41 points 

9. Opportunity: Rich needs fighter! Rise, sellsword, initially felling knight, eventually coupling. - BRONN

Author: YOMI

guessing = 12 points 

author = points 

voting = point 

favorite votes = point 

sum = 19 points 

10. Hills marcher, skillful yew, alms nocked. - ANGUY THE ARCHER

Author: DOLOROUS GABE

author = points 

voting = point  

sum = points 

11. Old retainer’s nephew. Friend, returned selflessly into fracas, killings. Extremely chastened. - JORY CASSEL

Author: CASTELLEN

guessing = 33 points 

author = points 

theme = points 

voting = point 

bonus = 10 points (for being first with a perfect list of answers and theme and for guessing the uber theme) 

sum = 52 points

alrighty brothers and sisters...and :ninja: ...those are the round 5 results... final words shall follow momentarily...

:smoking:

It looks like I have been trounced by Fragile Bird, due to my writing an extremely uninspired acro as usual and FB writing a zinger. So that's as it should be. I spent this game battering my skull to guess the clues and themes but will have to do that AND try to improve my across while battling DG's curse next game...

well of course we ended up at a brothel...i mean was there ever any doubt? :leer:

:cheers: to everyone stuck it out to this, the final sticky cleanup...

FRAGILE BIRD and CASTELLEN played a tough fought game and this round was no exception! FRAGILE BIRD held on to win her second straight round, but not without some help...:cheers:

...Both of these Ladies were quick to undress my in-thread clues and identify chataya's brothel as an answer and the theme...however CASTELLEN wasted no time in whipping out her answers and theme guess within 12 hrs of my posting of the clues, earning her the 5 bonus points for speed...FRAGILE BIRD engaged in 48 hrs of silent foreplay while she thrashed out the trickiest of clues...  a :ninja:'s  yodeling mountaineer (my personal favorite :smoking: )...before hitting me with the only other perfect list this round...i was amused that she didn't need to ask a single question...even though i had decided pregame that this round would be free :lmao:...both Ladies joined DESTIEL'S CHILD in managing to tie-up the uber theme earning them 5 additional points each (more on the grandest of themes in a moment)...BIRD's help came in the form of author points and 6 of y'alls votes for Tyrion's tall shadow as your favorite...Congrats Ladies for taking charge and dominating this dungeon of debauchery... :commie:

...round 5 saw JULIA H and LADY BLIZZARDBORN scored 41 and 40 points, respectively...Each turned over every rock to reveal 10 of 11 answers correct and a clear understanding of "where whore's go..." ...JULIA's points secured a strong third place finish in the round, while LADY BLIZZ vaulted into fourth position...:cheers: ... and even though DESTIEL'S CHILD (aka Stoned Heart) and YOMI scored  :leer:  they struggled to see past the lube to the meat of this round's theme... :uhoh:

...and to the lost boys...DOLOROUS GABE and SER NOT APPEARING...as well as our ethereal :ninja: and  lil' GHOST  i am grateful y'all stuck it out, submitting great clues and voting for this round :cheers:

ok so where did that leave us...oh yeah the final standings...

FRAGILE BIRD...................209 PTS

CASTELLEN.......................206 PTS

JULIA H...............................190 PTS

LADY BLIZZARDBORN.......157 PTS

DOLOROUS GABE............143 PTS

YOMI..................................136 PTS

DESTIEL'S CHILD..............119 PTS

LIL GHOST.........................91 PTS

SER NOT APPEARING......77 PTS

A :ninja:.................................60 PTS

AEGON THE POACHED went MIA after round one...but was officially a part of our infamous group and scored 7 points :cheers:

so there it is, folks... FRAGILE BIRD has flitted past her competition and scored a 3 point victory with her game high 6 favourite votes for her outstanding clue for my man, Tyrion Lannister...:commie:CASTELLEN held strongly to second place by being fast and accurate round after round...and even though JULIA H. put forth a surging effort that saw her fall slightly short she overcame a weak beginning to finish incredibly strong and won round 3 convincingly...LADY BLIZZ locked up fourth place overall when she squeezed past head-philiac, DOLOROUS GABE, as life worked it's magic on both, leaving him to round out top five... :cheers:

....as to the big picture, the grand uber theme...well it was simple really...A TRIBUTE TO THE GOD OF TITS AND WINE...:devil:...the random clues hidden through out the thread should have pointed you to episode 8 of AGoT seasons 2 and 3... in both Tyrion utters a line about the god of tits and wine...one of the greatest lines of the show, in my not so humble opinion... so i began by rigging the first three letter acro...odg...god...i expected most to assume i chose it for the dog reference...not so much :lol:   ...rounds 2 (naked women) and 3 (wine) were direct references to the wording of this twisted idea, while rounds 1,4 and 5 were things i associate with worshiping this particular god - sweet nothings whispered in an ear, discussing cocks, members, johnsons, manhood with a friend or companion, and a palace of ill repute, what better church is there for my chosen deity... :leer:    i will not replay all of my random words but most were hints to various themes...the most obvious of which was the emos i used in each round...particularly the :cheers: for round 3 and the pimp :pimp: for round 5...

well i gotta say to one and all thank you for your efforts to make this game a success and for helping me to discover i am a better player than host...i hope you were equally fulfilled and of course leftover lubes and libations are free for the taking  ;)

29 minutes ago, Castellan said:

It looks like I have been trounced by Fragile Bird, due to my writing an extremely uninspired acro as usual and FB writing a zinger. So that's as it should be. I spent this game battering my skull to guess the clues and themes but will have to do that AND try to improve my across while battling DG's curse next game...

three points is hardly a trouncing  :o...and i thought you had her until her clue kept getting votes...and i shall tell you plainly that since i have seen the way you can disassemble a clue you are my new role model... :bowdown:

Just checking in from Belfast.....

i am stunned.  I was sure Castellan would beat me, I tend to falter at the end.

But...writing that clue was a stroke of luck.

i want to say that rocksniffer did a fabulous job running the game.  Very well done, Ser! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

i, on the other hand, am terrified at the very thought of doing one of these games. :uhoh:

Thank-you all, for your votes!  Congratulations Castellan for one helluva a game!  And congrats to everyone for your fantastic clues!

Congrats again to the Bird. Hope you're enjoying Ireland!

I must admit I always find at least one week in a 5-round game when I simply cannot muster the effort to play for various reasons.

How long do we want before I start up the new game thread? I can start it Sunday evening after returning from partying it up in Liverpool? Might not be in the best mental state ;)

On 9/27/2016 at 8:04 AM, Destiel's Child said:

i say you did quite well for a n00b who was being forced to see inside my more than twisted mind... :bowdown:

with a closer-to-normal host you will thrive...it is known

...so sayeth the sniffer

oh and start your devil of a game at your earliest convenience, oh Dolorous One...my inner demons are at the ready... :devil:

Mr R, This was the most original, fun and addictive game ever. The in-thread hints fascinated me. Whenever I finally got something I'd wonder how I could have failed to get it with that many hints thrown about. The acros were very elegant and difficult. For some reason, the last round clicked easily, though, with shadow's clue the last to solve - and I did love the use of mountaineer once I got it. I found the theme easier to get because we had Allar Deem and Anguy in it - and they have only one thing in common. Prior to that, I floundered about furiously every round. Congratulations to all!

Archived