acroPHILIA lucky #13...Rocksniffer's cherry has been popped...and the crowd goes wild! !

rocksniffer

ok boys and girls as our darling Fragile Bird announced i am home...with a new laptop humming along i am goig to get caught up on pms and collect all your shockingly interesting guesses and clues...

and i give apologies for the delay not only did my fishing hole have ZERO WIFI but more importantly one of my nieces has been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and is facing a double mastectomy in a few days...i hate fucking cancer...not only has it plagued my family...as it has many of yours ...it kept me from meeting my darling Bird in person...as well as many of the rest of the westerosi clan...however i know i was needed where i was so i stayed...and i know our friends lifted a glass or two to ye old sniffer...and i thank them for it...as i thank all of you for your thoughts

now...on with the show

:smoking:

Oh Rocksniffer good to have you back, and .... could you please please answer my question in the PM and give me a chance to change my answers before you tot everything up?

Glad to see you back, rocksniffer! :cheers: 

Thoughts and good wishes for your niece.  I hope she will recover and be able to move on and live a happy life.

Looking forward to the continuation of the game...

thanks everyone for the well wishes...am calculating answers...i am about to post clues and answers in one hour so no changes will be accepted after that time. if you want to make changes do it now!

i get some of you with time issues might not be able to comply but i might take that into consideration...

:cheers:

15 hours ago, Castellan said:

Oh Rocksniffer good to have you back, and .... could you please please answer my question in the PM and give me a chance to change my answers before you tot everything up?

did it

:cheers:

ROUND 3

Clues and Answers

1. Ragged, dirty, old tramp? Courageous honorable sentinel. - YOREN OF THE NIGHTSWATCH...he is described as being raged etc, and is a member of the Nightswatch.

2. Lengthy cutter's elderly bear-er. - JEOR MORMONT...

3. Revealing Duty Officer turned Cyvasse humbling service. - QAVO NOGARYS...

4. Round does ogdoad tread consulting his sparrows. - VARYS THE SPIDER...8 legged creature = the spider

5. Rich dowager obliges the castigating hemoglobin-drinking soothsayer. - CERSEI LANNISTER THE DOWAGER QUEEN...references her trip to maggy the frog who tasted her blood and made the prophecies

6. Rewarded dues of title, castle, hottie. Stoked! - SER BRONN OF THE BLACKWATER

7. Lord ceremonially egged bride. - ILLYRIO MOPATIS...gave eggs to daenerys at her wedding

8. Red-head defines obvious trait, catchy humorous saying. - JON SNOW THE BASTARD OF WINTERFELL...yes the answer was the object not the subject...

9. Lordship celebrated. Evicted. Brrrrrrr! - LORD JANOS SLYNT...he was celebrated by getting lordship of Harrenhall but got evicted by Tyrion and sent to wall

10. Regrets “debauchery”, obliges the church. “House” sex. - LANCEL LANNISTER...lancel does cersei then turns to the seven

11. *****  Leaves Casterly…enjoys browbeating. - LORD TYWIN LANNISTER  ******* this clue was from SwmbO and is not eligible for favorite votes.

THEME - PEOPLE WHO SHARED A DRINK WITH TYRION ON PAGE...and yeah Tywin drank with him in AGoT Tyrion POV VIII ...embedded hint was me switching to :cheers: from :smoking:

...hints can be anywhere, friends :devil:

please vote for your favorite clue if you haven't already...and submit final clue for round 4 by tomorrow night

The standard of clues this round was great, even if a couple of them have big flaws.

I think I will vote for the ogdoad but I am also a big fan of the Janos clue and the Illyrio clue.

Oh and I much preferred the Jeor clue in its original form.

still looking for a couple of clues and favorite votes...

i am going to post results around 10 pm Eastern US time so some hours left...remember if you don't vote for favorite, you lose the points for votes people cast for you...

Archived