Cron

Current (updated) theories about 3 Heads of the Dragon

62 posts in this topic

Naturally, we've seen threads about the 3 Heads of the Dragon before, but what do recent events (mostly meaning Season 6 of the show, I suppose) tell us about the most likely candidates?

Clearly, Dany is one of them.

I believe the likelihood that Tyrion is another has gone up dramatically (now that he's with Dany, Dany trusts him, he's met the dragons, et cetera), and he's also far more fit to rule as a member of a tri-archy than most (cuz he's smart, and generally good).

I used to think Jon was a very likely candidate, but now I'm not so sure.  As Azor Ahai, and leader of his own ground forces (and probably leader of ALL ground forces at some point in the future), I think the likelihood of Jon being one of them has decreased quite a bit.

I used to think Arya was a good candidate, cuz she's a major character, and I've long believed warging abilities would help humans communicate with dragons, and I REALLY thought this might be the case when Dany couldn't control them (in fact, for a while I thought the wargers were going to be the solution to the problem of controlling the dragons), but now Dany seems to be controlling them fine, and I'm not sure that's where Arya's story is taking her anyway (if Arya was destined to be a dragon rider, then what the HECK was the point of all that assassin training???).

So who is left?  Who is the third head?

Faegon???

Someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euron! Plot twist!:P

I dunno Bran is the resident warg so maybe him. Since I think it's fun to throw out completely crazy ideas out there lemme do one more. *whispers* it's Sandor Clegane! :ph34r:

the gods aren't done with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one I believe, watching Daenerys in control of all the dragons simultaneously by herself in last episode destroyed the famous 3 Heads of the Dragon theory for me

Edited by Future Null Infinity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

No one I believe, watching Daenerys in control of all the dragons simultaneously by herself in last episode destroyed the famous 3 Heads of the Dragon theory for me

I believe the theory was started based on Aegon Targaryens father saying "the dragon must have 3 heads" on his birth if I'm correct so the idea behind it still stands however ominous and ambiguous. I also feel that scene with Tyrion talking to the dragons couldn't have been for no reason and had to be setting up do something dragon related in his future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think Daenerys is the 3 headed dragon not 3 people

Edited by blckp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This belongs in one of the book threads.

I think people forget the show has only did half prophecies.  In Dany's "House of the Undying" vision, she didn't see Rhaegar thus she didn't hear "The Dragon has Three heads" and in S5E1 "Cersei Flashback" she didn't get the Valonqar bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Euron! Plot twist!:P

I dunno Bran is the resident warg so maybe him. Since I think it's fun to throw out completely crazy ideas out there lemme do one more. *whispers* it's Sandor Clegane! :ph34r:

the gods aren't done with you

Sandor's a great suggestion.

I thoroughly enjoy his story arc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

No one I believe, watching Daenerys in control of all the dragons simultaneously by herself in last episode destroyed the famous 3 Heads of the Dragon theory for me

Hmmm...that's interesting, too.

The possibilty that there ARE not others, just Dany.

I'd be surprised, though, cuz of the history of Aegon the Conqueror and his two sisters.

I believe in ASOIAF, history is prologue, but then there have been a number of twists I did NOT expect, so I guess we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I believe the theory was started based on Aegon Targaryens father saying "the dragon must have 3 heads" on his birth if I'm correct so the idea behind it still stands however ominous and ambiguous. I also feel that scene with Tyrion talking to the dragons couldn't have been for no reason and had to be setting up do something dragon related in his future.

Yeah, I think Tyrion's gonna be a dragon rider, for a number of reasons. (Up to and including his expertise in saddle making, which we saw in AGOT, when he was helping Bran with a similar issue) 

He is VERY popular among the fans, and fit to wield the power, and his story seems to be careening in that direction.

Edited by Cron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I believe the theory was started based on Aegon Targaryens father saying "the dragon must have 3 heads" on his birth if I'm correct so the idea behind it still stands however ominous and ambiguous. I also feel that scene with Tyrion talking to the dragons couldn't have been for no reason and had to be setting up do something dragon related in his future.

This. 

I think they didn't include the prophecies in the show only to keep the general audience surprised, I still think if they play out in the books they'll play out in the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cron said:

I believe in ASOIAF, history is prologue, but then there have been a number of twists I did NOT expect, so I guess we'll see.

I still believe that a dragon is not a vespa, one can't just ride a dragon and control him at his will, you need a very special thing like Daenerys to ride a dragon, and Daenerys is very special Targ in a way that she can control 3 dragons in the same time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

I still believe that a dragon is not a vespa, one can't just ride a dragon and control him at his will, you need a very special thing like Daenerys to ride a dragon, and Daenerys is very special Targ in a way that she can control 3 dragons in the same time

To me it seemed like the other two were just following Drogon's lead. If the dragons need to fly to separate points on the battlefield, unlike Dany focusing on one ship, they'll need riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I still believe that a dragon is not a vespa, one can't just ride a dragon and control him at his will, you need a very special thing like Daenerys to ride a dragon, and Daenerys is very special Targ in a way that she can control 3 dragons in the same time

 

5 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I still believe that a dragon is not a vespa, one can't just ride a dragon and control him at his will, you need a very special thing like Daenerys to ride a dragon, and Daenerys is very special Targ in a way that she can control 3 dragons in the same time

Well, I hear you, and that seems logical, but what about warging?

Couldn't that give a human , non-Targ, an edge over other "normal" people?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

To me it seemed like the other two were just following Drogon's lead. If the dragons need to fly to separate points on the battlefield, unlike Dany focusing on one ship, they'll need riders. 

I didn't see anything in the story suggesting that other people have the same ability of Daenerys, All I saw in the show is the focus on Daenerys and her struggle to control her dragons, and the scene of Tyrion with the dragons, you can see why they did that scene in the last episode, it was a plot device, they need to be free to join their mother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cron said:

 

Well, I hear you, and that seems logical, but what about warging?

Couldn't that give a human , non-Targ, an edge over other "normal" people?

 

Sorry but for me, there is nothing in the show suggesting that Bran can warg into a dragon, it's all theories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I didn't see anything in the story suggesting that other people have the same ability of Daenerys, All I saw in the show is the focus on Daenerys and her struggle to control her dragons, and the scene of Tyrion with the dragons, you can see why they did that scene in the last episode, it was a plot device, they need to be free to join their mother

Could be. We haven't seen Jon interacting with the dragons yet though, so who knows? I've thought for a while that Tyrion would ride one too though, I feel like there's been hints other than his interaction with the dragons this season. 

Edited by boodofmyblood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aegon Targaryen married his two sisters.  There is a certain symmetry (if rumors are to be believed) that it should be Tyrion and Jon.

Edited by lakin1013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tyrion was a dragon rider, he could make saddles for all of them. He could also make a saddle that would work with Bran's paralysis.

My vote has always been for Tyrion and Jon. The other two Targaryen's in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be missing something.

How is Tyrion a Targaryen, but Jaime and Cerseir are NOT?

(I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying I don't know.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cron said:

I seem to be missing something.

How is Tyrion a Targaryen, but Jaime and Cerseir are NOT?

(I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying I don't know.)

It's one of the millions of theories floating in the internet, it suggests that Tyrion is not Tywin's son but the Mad king's son

Edited by Future Null Infinity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.