Current (updated) theories about 3 Heads of the Dragon

I seem to be missing something.

How is Tyrion a Targaryen, but Jaime and Cerseir are NOT?

(I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying I don't know.)

The books tells that the timeline of Joanna Lannister being in Kings Landing actually fits for all 3 Lannisters to be conceived by the Mad King. So maybe they are all. Jamie and Cersei are very natural with the incest thing, thats a clue. The best clues come from Tywin. He never really loves his kids like a father, but rather is solely concerned with his legacy and the Lannister name. He gives plenty of hints to confirm that Tyrion is not his son in dialogue and Tyrion would still be a Lannister because his mom is a Lannister. I'm 100% sure Tyrion is a a Targaryen after the he freed the the dragons. What's curious to me, is who else knows. I'm certain Tywin knew, and I'm pretty sure Varys knows which is why he risked everything to reunite Tyrion with Dany. We may find out that Tywin was impotent and that he knew that, but kept it a secret for 'the good of the family" and maybe all 3 are Targaryens.

Who is the guy who is riding someone since Season 1?

Who is the guy who is also warging into head of the person he is riding?

If we believe that at one point of time, Bran is going to warg into a dragon then I think he needs to be in close proximate to do it.

Whether Bran takes control of the dragons seem irrelevant to the question. My theory is Dany, Tyrion, Jon. and the reason why is because they all killed their moms in childbirth. The theme that keeps repeating is "life can only come from death". Thats how the dragons were born, from the death of Khal Drogo and his son. The riders or heads, same concept. It's only a guess, but by golly there has got be a reason why all 3 killed there mothers during birth and thats the best I can figure out.

Only thing that complicates this theory is if Meera turns out to be Jons sister. Hoping to shed light on that tonight.

2 minutes ago, Tyrionthedragonrider said:

Whether Bran takes control of the dragons seem irrelevant to the question. My theory is Dany, Tyrion, Jon. and the reason why is because they all killed their moms in childbirth. The theme that keeps repeating is "life can only come from death". Thats how the dragons were born, from the death of Khal Drogo and his son. The riders or heads, same concept. It's only a guess, but by golly there has got be a reason why all 3 killed there mothers during birth and thats the best I can figure out.

Only thing that complicates this theory is if Meera turns out to be Jons sister. Hoping to shed light on that tonight.

Sorry but I disagree, in the story, each character have a type and the story will never change a character's type, Jon is a fighter type so maybe he will ride a dragon but not Tyrion, he's not a fighter type, you will never see for example Margaery, Cersei or Sansa take a sword and start fighting like Brienne, the story will never change Jon's type to become like LittleFinger or Roose Bolton

13 minutes ago, Tyrionthedragonrider said:

They're all the 3rd child of their family (as long as R+L = J is true which is all but confirmed) as well. There's other parallels between them, but I think the fact that they all killed their moms in childbirth and they're all the 3rd child, there's 3 heads of the dragon, and Aegon and his dragon riders were 3....well that's not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Sandor's a great suggestion.

I thoroughly enjoy his story arc.

I don't see anyone that is fully competent swordsman/ground fighter as being a logical choice to be a dragon rider. It makes a lot more sense for the Dragon riders to be those that aren't all that imposing in head to head combat. That leaves Dany, Tyrion, and Bran as most likely candidates, if, as others have suggested, there actually is two more dragon riders.

Daenerys will obviously ride Drogon in the battle against the Others until one of them dies, a thing that I think will only happen in of the last episodes. 

As for Rhaegal and Viserion I think Euron will try to gain their control using the Horn, atleast in the books hopefully on the show too, with mixed results, in the end he will probably be burn by one of them. 

After reaching North, Tyrion will finally ride Viserion in the battle against the Others and it kind of makes sense because even if A+J=T isn't true the best place for him to fight the Army of the Dead is in the back of a dragon. 

Rhaegal is the most difficult for me, because Jon Snow is needed to command the troops on the ground but I guess it's possible at some point, another possibilty is Bran warging him, although I am not sure if his powers are enough to do it. 

Of course that after the last episode it's possible that none of the two smaller dragons have a rider but instead they may just follow the alpha male, Drogon or one of them could die before the battle (not likely). 

I've recently started thinking that Cersei and Jaime are both Targs. There are loads of parallels between Cersei and Aerys: paranoia, madness, obsession with fire. If Cersei is a Targ, so is Jaime. Jaime is my tin foil guess for the third head. It would seem to be a better use of him then trying to fight with only 1 hand. 

25 minutes ago, dornishdragon said:

Daenerys will obviously ride Drogon in the battle against the Others until one of them dies, a thing that I think will only happen in of the last episodes. 

As for Rhaegal and Viserion I think Euron will try to gain their control using the Horn, atleast in the books hopefully on the show too, with mixed results, in the end he will probably be burn by one of them. 

After reaching North, Tyrion will finally ride Viserion in the battle against the Others and it kind of makes sense because even if A+J=T isn't true the best place for him to fight the Army of the Dead is in the back of a dragon. 

Rhaegal is the most difficult for me, because Jon Snow is needed to command the troops on the ground but I guess it's possible at some point, another possibilty is Bran warging him, although I am not sure if his powers are enough to do it. 

Of course that after the last episode it's possible that none of the two smaller dragons have a rider but instead they may just follow the alpha male, Drogon or one of them could die before the battle (not likely). 

Ok my only problem with what you've said is Jon leading our ground troops. As we saw in BoB he's just to inexperienced in that area. He's a fighter not a commander but it's true the northern troops nevertheless look upon him as a leader (Davos and Tormunds convo) so you could be right.

55 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I don't see anyone that is fully competent swordsman/ground fighter as being a logical choice to be a dragon rider. It makes a lot more sense for the Dragon riders to be those that aren't all that imposing in head to head combat. That leaves Dany, Tyrion, and Bran as most likely candidates, if, as others have suggested, there actually is two more dragon riders.

Brans warging and greensight ability makes him a whole different kind of useful. He doesn't necessarily need a dragon but it is said he will fly so he'll probably get one. If you listen to some people it's his own "special" one lol

Riding a dragon is more about purpose than bloodline.

1. Dany is head of a dragon: Because she is the mother of dragons and so far this is the only quality she has. She cannot fight with anyone in a proper battle so she is going to ride one of the dragons.
  2. Bran can be a head of the dragon: Because he is the only one who will be able to control dragons in absence of Dany. We are assuming so far that all dragons will be together till the end which might not be the case. We don't know what Dany will become after landing into Westeros.
  3. Tyrion will not ride the dragon: Even if Tyrion is a Targaryen, what the hell is he going to do on a dragon's back? Tell him jokes? It is a good idea and will be funny to watch for a clip but it cannot work in the battlefield. Tyrion is an intelligent man and his right use is to let him organize things. He will be useful in handling the chaos created by Winter and WW.
  4. Jon is not a head of the dragon: I just hope so. All the hardcore action we have seen at Hardhome and in the Battle of the Bastards proved that he is going to fight on foot and all the mystery surrounding around his sword and him being Azor Ahai proved that his sword will play a crucial role in the impending battle, even more than dragons.
  5. Jaime can be a head of the dragon:  Only if Dany forgives him for killing her father then may be. He has a warrior mind and can put dragons to better use than Dany. He cannot fight in battle field so what will be his story arch from now on? Kill him? D & D can do this but I think he will look better on a dragon's back. ^_^

5 hours ago, atonement said:

Riding a dragon is more about purpose than bloodline.

1. Dany is head of a dragon: Because she is the mother of dragons and so far this is the only quality she has. She cannot fight with anyone in a proper battle so she is going to ride one of the dragons.
  2. Bran can be a head of the dragon: Because he is the only one who will be able to control dragons in absence of Dany. We are assuming so far that all dragons will be together till the end which might not be the case. We don't know what Dany will become after landing into Westeros.
  3. Tyrion will not ride the dragon: Even if Tyrion is a Targaryen, what the hell is he going to do on a dragon's back? Tell him jokes? It is a good idea and will be funny to watch for a clip but it cannot work in the battlefield. Tyrion is an intelligent man and his right use is to let him organize things. He will be useful in handling the chaos created by Winter and WW.
  4. Jon is not a head of the dragon: I just hope so. All the hardcore action we have seen at Hardhome and in the Battle of the Bastards proved that he is going to fight on foot and all the mystery surrounding around his sword and him being Azor Ahai proved that his sword will play a crucial role in the impending battle, even more than dragons.
  5. Jaime can be a head of the dragon:  Only if Dany forgives him for killing her father then may be. He has a warrior mind and can put dragons to better use than Dany. He cannot fight in battle field so what will be his story arch from now on? Kill him? D & D can do this but I think he will look better on a dragon's back. ^_^

This is just wrong, utterly and blatantly wrong. Tyrion is the smartest of the bunch, and proved his proficiency at the battle of blackwater.  From high above and a birdseye view is exactly where you would want him. I am not buying into the Jamie on a dragon bit one iota.

4 hours ago, Princess of Ice and Fire said:

oh I really hope Tyrion is also a secret Targaryan  but I don't believe Cersei and Jaime are. And no way was Tywin impotent. We saw him with Shae. 

Actually, no we didn't. We saw that Tywin kept Shae in his bedroom, but we don't know exactly what he did with her. And as we saw in the beginning of season 5, even unsullieds sometimes seek out prostitutes even though they don't have the body parts for it.

I'm actually a bit intrigued by the suggestion that Tywin was impotent. It kind of helps making Shae's presence make a bit more sense, and also gives his contempt for Tyrion an added depth. If he does know for certain that Tyrion couldn't possibly be his son because of this impotence, but cannot out him as Aerys' bastard son with Joanna because doing so would also reveal his shame, the bastard nature of Jaime and Cersei as well, and basically ruin everything he's done to rebuild the Lannister name, he has no choice but to accept Tyrion as his own no matter how much it grates on his mind: ”Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine!”, Tywin said. We'll technically he could, but at the same time he cannot, because of the consequences and all the ridicule he would suffer.

5 hours ago, Princess of Ice and Fire said:

oh I really hope Tyrion is also a secret Targaryan  but I don't believe Cersei and Jaime are. And no way was Tywin impotent. We saw him with Shae. 

Impotency does not necessarily means erectile dysfunction. Some people can have sex but does not produce sperms which means he cannot be a father. One of my cousins have this problem.

Archived