On 7/6/2016 at 6:58 AM, Bimmerella said:

I think it will be an Oedipus type deal.  Jon & Dany will fall in love and then find out they are Auntie and Nephew....maybe Dany makes the sacrifice in the great battle, and once again Jon is forced to kill the woman he loves, this time to bring about lightbringer and defeat the Night's King.  Cut out that obsidian shard put into his heart by the COF.  Holy schnikeys....poor Jon....

If only Ygritte had a few dragons... I miss my favorite character.

2 hours ago, Juan_Snow said:

Actually it is Yohn Royce.

Official HBO Site

I stand corrected. I recall seeing somewhere that HBO meant that Lord Royce to be Nestor, not Bronze Yohn. If that's the case, the portrayal is completely off. The actor on the show seems whiny, pompous, rather than hard, unyielding like Bronze Yohn. Plus that dude seriously needed a breastplate stretcher.

On July 5, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Aderyn said:

He doesn't exists on TV. In the show, Mace only has two kids.

I have to rewatch and find the episode where Sansa and Margery are walking through the garden. And Sansa thinks she is going to be hooked up with Loras but it turns out it is someone else from high garden and Sansa looks disappointed. Maybe I got it from the book but the image is vivid in my head. I'll try to find it. Thanks

1 hour ago, abouththeotherknight said:

I have to rewatch and find the episode where Sansa and Margery are walking through the garden. And Sansa thinks she is going to be hooked up with Loras but it turns out it is someone else from high garden and Sansa looks disappointed. Maybe I got it from the book but the image is vivid in my head. I'll try to find it. Thanks

No it was loras

but in the show, the scenes are almost back to back with the reveal that she will have to marry Tyrion

So...

"Queen" Dany (Khalasar, Unsullied, Freedmen...Dragons...all three) + Dorne (United?) + Highgarden (United?) + Yara and the magical fleet

vs

"Queen" Cersei (Jaime's last dregs of an army and City Watch)

vs

"King" Jon Snow? (Leftovers of the North) + Vale (United) + Trident (LF as Lord Paramount?)

vs

King Euron (the 6 ships he has left?)

Seems...unfair to say the least going in...

Edited by MyLittleFinger

9 hours ago, MyLittleFinger said:

So...

"Queen" Dany (Khalasar, Unsullied, Freedmen...Dragons...all three) + Dorne (United?) + Highgarden (United?) + Yara and the magical fleet

vs

"Queen" Cersei (Jaime's last dregs of an army and City Watch)

vs

"King" Jon Snow? (Leftovers of the North) + Vale (United) + Trident (LF as Lord Paramount?)

vs

King Euron (the 6 ships he has left?)

Seems...unfair to say the least going in...

I think that's the point. The real battle is the battle for humanity.  The lannisters will be destroyed and most likely dany and her army will join with Jon to fight the white walkers. Does the iron throne really matter at that point?

i noticed upon rewatch that during the tower of joy scene, they spend an extra second on Arthur daynes sword as Ned lays it against the bed. It has a sun on the hilt. Seems like an easy transition for it to actually be light bringer. Jon will probably find it in the crypt fulfilling the prophecy. 

On July 14, 2016 at 1:18 PM, El Guapo said:

We have already seen light bringer in action is episode 9 roasting a slaver ship and all onboard.

There have been dragons for thousands of years. What makes these any different than the others?  It took three dragons with three dragon riders to conquer westeros the first time. It will take three dragons with three riders to do it again. 

19 minutes ago, Stannis Lives said:

There have been dragons for thousands of years. What makes these any different than the others?  It took three dragons with three dragon riders to conquer westeros the first time. It will take three dragons with three riders to do it again. 

Because there never has been someone who entered a fire and brought three dragons to life after they went extinct and also that person was unburnt by fire ...that makes the unique.

How does finding sword in the crypt makes fulfilling the prophecy...

Anyhow Ned has returned the sword to daynes in the books so its not in the crypts..

2 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Because there never has been someone who entered a fire and brought three dragons to life after they went extinct and also that person was unburnt by fire ...that makes the unique.

How does finding sword in the crypt makes fulfilling the prophecy...

Anyhow Ned has returned the sword to daynes in the books so its not in the crypts..

I'm referencing the show. I know it was returned to the Daynes. I was simply speculating on the pause of the camera on the sword hilt. It had to have meaning.

And I've always been in the camp that Dawn is Lightbringer.  The age and material of the sword, along with the fire across the sky in the prophecy are hard to ignore. 

ETA:. And "dawn" brings the light. 

Edited by Stannis Lives

17 minutes ago, Stannis Lives said:

I'm referencing the show. I know it was returned to the Daynes. I was simply speculating on the pause of the camera on the sword hilt. It had to have meaning.

And I've always been in the camp that Dawn is Lightbringer.  The age and material of the sword, along with the fire across the sky in the prophecy are hard to ignore. 

ETA:. And "dawn" brings the light. 

It may be for number of reasons.. We just have to wait and see if there is any importance to it..

Light bringer is said to be warm as the way nissa nissa had been and can make it own fire...

The tale which jon reads about lightbribger and AZor ahai in ADWD matches with dany and her dragons .

So for me dany's dragons are lightbringer

2 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

It may be for number of reasons.. We just have to wait and see if there is any importance to it..

Light bringer is said to be warm as the way nissa nissa had been and can make it own fire...

The tale which jon reads about lightbribger and AZor ahai in ADWD matches with dany and her dragons .

So for me dany's dragons are lightbringer

There was a comet in the sky when the dragons were hatched, right?  Can't remeber if that was the book or show or both. That's definitely evidence for the dragons. 

5 hours ago, Stannis Lives said:

There was a comet in the sky when the dragons were hatched, right?  Can't remeber if that was the book or show or both. That's definitely evidence for the dragons. 

Yes there was a comet in both book and show... Dothraki named it bleeding star..

These followinfollowingare from ADWD jon chapter and ASOS dany's dracarys chapter..

When your dragons were small, they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.”

Also the description of Drogon killing a master and Lightbringer killing a monster matche each other perfectly.

"A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks, and the oil in his hair and beard burst so fiercely into fire that for an instant the slaver wore a burning crown twice as tall as his head."

“I looked at that book Maester Aemon left me. The Jade Compendium. The pages that told of Azor Ahai. Lightbringer was his sword. Tempered with his wife’s blood if Votar can be believed. ThereafterLightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.”

Lightbringer always being hot fits the Dragons perfectly as they too are always hot. One of the reason Master Aemon did not buy Stannis's flaming sword was the lack of heat. Now I know flames are warm so the fake Lightbringer had to be somehow warm . . . and yet Master Aemon doubted. 

1 hour ago, Drogonthedread said:

Yes there was a comet in both book and show... Dothraki named it bleeding star..

These followinfollowingare from ADWD jon chapter and ASOS dany's dracarys chapter..

When your dragons were small, they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.”

Also the description of Drogon killing a master and Lightbringer killing a monster matche each other perfectly.

"A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks, and the oil in his hair and beard burst so fiercely into fire that for an instant the slaver wore a burning crown twice as tall as his head."

“I looked at that book Maester Aemon left me. The Jade Compendium. The pages that told of Azor Ahai. Lightbringer was his sword. Tempered with his wife’s blood if Votar can be believed. ThereafterLightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.”

Lightbringer always being hot fits the Dragons perfectly as they too are always hot. One of the reason Master Aemon did not buy Stannis's flaming sword was the lack of heat. Now I know flames are warm so the fake Lightbringer had to be somehow warm . . . and yet Master Aemon doubted. 

It's been a few years since my last reread. Might be time for another. will be interesting to see where GRRM goes with Lightbringer. I hope it's not a red herring. 

• 1 month later...
On 9. Juli 2016 at 0:05 AM, abouththeotherknight said:

Yes, that's only in the books. There she talks with Olenna and Margaery and Sansa thinks she'll get married to Loras but he's a member of the Kingsguard so it's actually Willas (his older brother and the heir to Highgarden) she has to marry. In the show Loras was the heir to Highgarden and never a member of the Kingsguard so Olenna wants her to marry him but Tywin doesn't want to give Sansa to the Tyrells so he marries her to Tyrion.

The amount of drooling on r+l=j on the net this past months is beyond belief... how is rhaegar being jon's father great? the only feats of renown he had was singing on the streets, tanking a warhammer with his chest, and die... WOW amazing, truly the stuff of legends

1 hour ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

The amount of drooling on r+l=j on the net this past months is beyond belief... how is rhaegar being jon's father great? the only feats of renown he had was singing on the streets, tanking a warhammer with his chest, and die... WOW amazing, truly the stuff of legends

I don't think that it has anything to do with what he was known for as you put it, then again you seem to really like Robert Baratheon.

It has more to do with the fact that it proves that Jon was not Ned's bastard and Ned was not dishonorable in that respect. That Jon is part Targ making him have a claim to the throne by blood. Along with adding more to the idea of Jon being Azor Ahai or Prince that was Promised.

3 hours ago, KingofIce said:

I don't think that it has anything to do with what he was known for as you put it, then again you seem to really like Robert Baratheon.

It has more to do with the fact that it proves that Jon was not Ned's bastard and Ned was not dishonorable in that respect. That Jon is part Targ making him have a claim to the throne by blood. Along with adding more to the idea of Jon being Azor Ahai or Prince that was Promised.

- being a bobby b fan is hardly a question i'm a fan precisely because the guy is with aegon i the most acomplished individual in history, i don't hate on any fictional characters just the drooling going on being so beyond me, rhaegar to me is just another guy killed 15 years before the start of the series, that's it

- jon is still a bastard, and even a secret marriage is impossible to prove unless with some over the top unrealistic photo hologram to all lands

- the royal house is house baratheon, and if dany changes it she's not going to hand it to a bastard

- i don´t mind the fanboyism of it, just find strange, really Ned did A LOT more and would be a cooler father but, if people like this sort of cinderella stories of running away from a marriage more power to them... but i stand my groung, rhaegar didn't do much aside making 3 kids and getting one-shoted

Edited by Laughing Storm Reborn