[Poll] How would you rate episode 610?

Ran

How would you rate episode 610?  

725 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I'd just like to point out that this thread is about rating S06E10 (Episode 610), not the season, and not the series as a whole.  If people liked (or disliked) *this* episode, attacking their opinions based on their prior rating history is an attack ad hominem (whether it's for consistently high or low votes).  It seems like every time a new rating thread opens for a new episode, some people want to continue debates from previous ratings threads (and re-use the same arguments).

It really sucks trying to read through such a long thread when much of it is filled with people telling other people how they should vote or what their vote "really" means about them (and realizing that I already read those comments last week).

Just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Yes, but not this season.

Fair enough. Then I do apologize for anything you felt directed at you. I was specifically addressing the 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 crowd for every single episode. I really don't think I've seen a person say 10 to every single episode but I would question that person as well.

Edited by dmo862000

37 minutes ago, dmo862000 said:

Fair enough. Then I do apologize for anything you felt directed at you. I was specifically addressing the 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 crowd for every single episode. I really don't thin I've seen a person say 10 to every single episode but I would question that person as well.

My ratings for seasons one and two, if I remember correctly, ranged from 7-9. Season three dropped a bit for me, 5-8, with Blackwater the only 10 I've ever given. Season four was more varied, 3-7, a 9 for Red viper, despite some very troubling scenes. Season five is where I felt extremely disappointed, 2-4, a 6 for Watchers on the Wall, Hardhome, very disappointing, and overrated in my opinion. This season, all ones, except 5 &10, I gave a two. 

I do try to be fair with my ratings, but I feel like the last two seasons, not only has the negatives become far worse, but they have become so bad, that it  also affects my ability to enjoy the aspects that are still good. I find it difficult to enjoy the production and cool cgi, when my immersion is constantly disrupted by the illogical plot, and cringworthy dialogue. This is why I feel, despite some good things, it deserves mostly ones from me, not as an attempt to troll.

Edited by Darkstream

8/10

Best (well, least problematic) episode of the season. I'm glad that Dany is finally enroute to Westeros. The showrunners have cut the plotlines down to the bare bones so there should be no problem wrapping this up in 13 episodes. At this point, the sooner the better. A bit annoyed that we did not get explicit confirmation of Jon's parentage but the show has done enough to pretty much confirm R+L=J. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Dany's invasion looks like it will be a walk in the park unless Cersei teams up with Euron and his 1000? ships. The dragonhorn may even be introduced as well if Dany is to encounter some meaningful resistance. A naval battle would be interesting as the Dothraki should be near useless in those circumstances.

1 hour ago, ununsullied said:

that was the beauty of the earlier seasons - a slow development. I hated the years of Arya training followed by a sudden teleporting Frey Pie.

Too fast. Ok we don't want to see years of travelling but then why is Gilly's baby still 6 months old?

She looks 6 months old. You want them to get you a new baby every 3 months?

Haha it's okay, books 4 and 5 had a lot of trash in them anyway, some people will love to hate-watch the show, at least it gets them that entertainment. 

While teleporters aren't the most fun, I'd take a teleporter over Briennes feast chapters any day of the week.

Thought ep10 was pure gold, especially the kings landing stuff. 

8.5.  Most of my problems pertain not to this specific episode, but to the season (or the last two seasons) as a whole.  For example, the scene where the North remembered was enjoyable in itself, even though it apparently took them a long time to do so; for the purpose of commenting on this episode, I would only observe that, apart from little Lyanna, it was hard to tell whether the lords were motivated by conviction or expediency.

As far as spectacle is concerned, it was an excellent episode.  Two or three images in particular stand out: the sept burning; mad Cersei seated upon the Iron Throne (one did wonder who these people cheering were; sycophants, I suppose); Daenerys with her fleet waving the Targaryen banner. There were also several nice intimate moments, like Sansa and Jon (although Sansa, in apologizing, didn't really say *why* she didn't tell Jon about the Vale), or Daenerys and Tyrion. Not to mention R&L, etc.

A couple of issues with the episode: mainly, I think they may have tried to cram too much into one spisode, which might have been better spread out; if you blinked you might miss a major development. The other being that for the first several minutes, before the flurry of activity, there was quite a bit of waiting around. Also, it contained the Sand Snakes, although we did get that meta moment when QOT told them to shut the blazes up. Yes, yes, Seven save my soul, yes.

5 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon is a walking corpse too in a way. Depends on if Jon is still King by the time they meeet because otherwise alliance is not a good step for her. With Sansa aspiring to be QitN and LF scheming around.

Wouldn't be the first time she was married to a walking corpse, and this one even talks and walks, it's a huge step up.

I don't know what Sansa is exactly thinking, I think there will be a Rift, but it will get mended, LF is going down.

[mod] A final reminder: this thread is for rating the show. We're interested in your rating, NOT your opinion of other people's ratings.

People are allowed to disagree with you. Respect their right to do so. DON'T call them names because they gave a different rating than you did, don't accuse them of trolling, and don't ask them why they even watch the show.

Having spent the last fifteen minute deleting dozens of such posts, my patience is at an end. Don't test it further. [/mod]

13 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

Not one score over 5 this season for any of the episodes?

Honest question.  

I'm the same way as Dark.  There have just been so many problems going on (many of which are what I would call legacy issues, but apply this season every bit as much), I don't think I've given anything the last 2 seasons above a 5 (which I define as average).  While there are things in earlier seasons I think failed (Talisa in general, the portrayal of Jon, etc.), it was individual scenes failing rather than entire episodes at a time.  Instead of maybe hating a Talisa scene and a Jon scene and enjoying almost everything else, I'm kind of ambivalent on a Dany scene, only mildly annoyed at a Sam scene, and like a Cersei scene, while the rest of the episode has me laughing (in the wrong way, like Varys teleporting or Jon knocking a charging horseman 10 feet back with a sword slash), crying (not at something that is trying to invoke tears), drinking, or banging my head furiously against the couch. So over time, my graph has definitely trended downward.  Hopefully with the increasing concentration of storylines, they'll be able to get that depth and attention back in the last couple seasons.  I want to like the show.  It just has not held up its end of the bargain recently.

Edited by JonSnow4President

My general issues of teleportation, stupid characterizations, lack of total closure on R+L=J, and misused book material keep this from being a 10/10, but 9/10 is close enough for what otherwise was an incredible episode. The Mad Queen Cersei material obviously being the highlight, as was Arya's kill of Walder.

It was a fitting conclusion to a terrible season, because it was somewhat more interesting than the previous nine episodes, but it was still a disastrous hour of television. Not a single scene in the episode had any logic whatsoever, to the point where even that prostitute doesn't care about being paid for her service of Pycelle (it's classical D&D, they just adore hookers don't accepting money for their trouble, LOL). The only scene that didn't insult my intelligence was the conversation between Jaime and Walder. It doesn't mean that it was a good scene, because it wasn't, but at least it wasn't ridiculously stupid. Lena's acting is much appreciated from what I see, but I can't tell why, since she doesn't act at all, which is again fitting because she does appear to be D&D's muse and she can do (or not do) whatever the hell she wants. My biggest complain is the shoehorning of book moments into scenes that can never belong to the book universe. What is the point of having Frey pies without Manderley and without the entire background that make Frey pies so huge in the books? What is the point of having Pycelle murdered separately by little birds, when that entire plotline was already changed so heavily (as if all the other plotlines weren't too, LOL)?

I'm giving the episode a 2, just because of the effort. Cersei's wildfire coup is D&D's usual idiocy in regards to logic, but at least they committed some time in designing it. Unlike they usual "twists", this one was planned ahead, which must have been a huge step for them. I suspect that, if they continue the progress, in ten years or so they'll be capable of writing decent scripts for Law and Order type of shows. ASOIAF, unfortunately for them, was and is much more than they could ever chew, but hey, at least they're learning.

23 hours ago, sillent said:

Haha it's okay, books 4 and 5 had a lot of trash in them anyway, some people will love to hate-watch the show, at least it gets them that entertainment. 

While teleporters aren't the most fun, I'd take a teleporter over Briennes feast chapters any day of the week.

Thought ep10 was pure gold, especially the kings landing stuff. 

Brienne's Feast chapters are some of the best - a proper study of the feudal system if the core of the Seven Kingdoms.

Are the 10s a reaction to the 1s? A ten for me has to be perfect or astonishing. At least episode 9 had the visuals and cgi budget. This one was disjointed and full of illogical set pieces just for drama.

Then again im not one to cheer evil characters doin nasty stuff. For me she did nothing clever. It was all qyburn.

The choice of piano and violin as background music was brilliant. If episode 9 was a masterclass in cinematography, the finale was a masterclass in applying music in story telling. 

I love House of Cards and loved the Soprano's. But GoT is just a cut above. It is the greatest tv drama ever made.