Why doesn't Orys Baratheon and his descendants have Valyrian features?

When we're introduced to Orys in TWOIAF, he's described as having black eyes and hair, IIRC. If he's supposedly a brother to Aegon, or just another Valryian, why doesn't he show a single Valyrian feature? Also is the reason that Orys descedants don't have Valyrian features is because he married a Durrandon (who have dark hair)?

As you can tell, I'm a newb to TWOIAF, please go easy on me :P

Maybe he isn't actually Aegon's brother, or he just looked more like his mother. Regarding his descendants it is almost certainly the Durrandon seed dominating everything else, Robert and his brothers grandmother was a Targaryen but all 3 have the blue eyes, black hair, and large build. Same with every Baratheon  it seems 

On 6/26/2016 at 4:17 PM, YoungGriffIsAegonBlackfyre said:

When we're introduced to Orys in TWOIAF, he's described as having black eyes and hair, IIRC. If he's supposedly a brother to Aegon, or just another Valryian, why doesn't he show a single Valyrian feature? Also is the reason that Orys descedants don't have Valyrian features is because he married a Durrandon (who have dark hair)?

Because the seed is strong.

Guest jasonothegreat
On 6/26/2016 at 7:17 PM, YoungGriffIsAegonBlackfyre said:

He likely favors his mother more than Lord Aerion Targaryen, Genetics in Westeros is weird. The only person who has been a mix of both parents have been Baelor Breakspear and Daeron the Drunk. Prince Duncan looked exactly like his mother yet all of his siblings were silver haired and Valyrian. Same with Prince Baelor's brothers. this is simply GRRM not knowing how to use a Punett Square

Archived