[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

Pycelle's death was dumb. If Cersei wanted him dead why not let him join the BBQ/trial? 

Also the northerners' opportunism would put Walder to shame. Jon should of taken Glover's head right then and there. "There's nothing to forgive, my lord, except the fact that you chose a murderous psychopath over me." Oh, fuck you, Glover!

And of course, let's choose a bastard over the actual trueborn daughter of Ned Stark who saved our asses. What the hell, Lyanna? Help a sister out!

1 hour ago, LadyDoom said:

many deaths. Cersei killed everyone, Tommen killed himself. Arya makes the frey pie disguised as no one, takes her face off and kills Walder. 

Tower of Joy very predictable, "If robert finds out dfsdfosdhfsdhofs promise me Ned" baby shows up. "PROMISE ME NED" "promise me" -dies. Baby opens his eyes, extreme close up to Jon's face. 

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN? 

LOL. I initially totally ignored this comment because I thought you were trolling me...am watching the show now and realized you weren't....

Does anyone think this is actually going to happen in the books?? What in world??

2 minutes ago, teemo said:

LOL. I initially totally ignored this comment because I thought you were trolling me...am watching the show now and realized you weren't....

Does anyone think this is actually going to happen in the books?? What in world??

Oh no, a Sand Snake for sure will avenge Elia's children and kill Tommen.  I'm sticking to that.

Just now, Lyin' Ned said:

That wasn't Tyrion's stash, that was Aerys'. Cersei told Qyburn to look for it. Lancel didn't know about it. 

Lancel knew of Cersei's use of wildfire for Blackwater he informed Tyrion of the plan, either he never told the HS about the possibility of wildfire of he was too lame to mention the wildfire to good ol' HS

How is anyone excited about R+L=J ? That's like... "I found that this very obvious and telegraphed thing that would to a mildly imaginative person look like an obvious red herring is in fact not a red herring and despite being boring is the actual thruth! Right! Now I can point a finger at all the people who dared suggest that all this writing might have deserved an actual twist there, because I, the dullard, was right all along and the big twist is that... Women do indeed find true love with white haired pretty boys, ned stark was a one-dimensionally pure as snow obi-one clone who had to die to start the action, jon is a keanu reeves like boring-ass chosen one, GRRM is a more of a stock schlock fantasy writer than many people thought, and... well... there isn't a twist then, is there?"

Enjoy R + L = J, I say. Looks like show stuff to me, rather than book stuff. Show's going for simple fanservice. The books have a huge following among folks who never read anything otherwise and are easily impressed, and the show has an even bigger following with folks who didn't even read the books, so I can imagine there being quite a bunch of folks happy with this. But If I was Martin, even if R + L = J was what I originally intended, I'd just pick a more creative and twisty solution among the many that have been floating around.

I mean, at this point, I'd certainly do it just so the remaining books don't end up being spoiled by this.

1 minute ago, teemo said:

Well, you weren't wrong on being trolled, just not by me. :blush:

1 hour ago, LadyDoom said:

Well, at least is over... for now. 

But we will all continue to watch next year right. A little self-flagellation.

It always feels like a horrible accident -  you don't want to watch but you can't stop looking anyway.

For a while I thought: well,it's not that awful that the next the book isn't out yet - we still have the show to know how the story continues - but now I know - the show definitely will not spoil the books in any way. GRRM wouldn't publish bollocks like this,right!?!

2 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

That wasn't Tyrion's stash, that was Aerys'. Cersei told Qyburn to look for it. Lancel didn't know about it. 

I can see that. But a stash from anyone shouldn't be a secret because there is an alchemists guild in the city that make it. 

1 minute ago, tmug said:

Lancel knew of Cersei's use of wildfire for Blackwater he informed Tyrion of the plan, either he never told the HS about the possibility of wildfire of he was too lame to mention the wildfire to good ol' HS

As far as Lancel and everyone else knew there was no more wildfire. No one knew about Aerys' stash except Qyburn and Cersei. 

I'm all for nitpicking and criticizing the show but at least let's do it fairly. 

Honestly the northerners house wanting to see Jon be KiTN makes no sense because well, first of all, he's a bastard, second of all he didn't do anything spectacular at all to deserve that. The battle of bastards showed how he can't lead an army

so really, what's motivating them?

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I can see that. But a stash from anyone shouldn't be a secret because there is an alchemists guild in the city that make it. 

It was an old stash made by the previous guild, Roussart or whatever and the other guys Jaime killed. The current alchemists couldn't have known about it. 

Just now, Nami said:

Honestly the northerners house wanting to see Jon be KiTN makes no sense because well, first of all, he's a bastard, second of all he didn't do anything spectacular at all to deserve that. The battle of bastards showed how he can't lead an army

so really, what's motivating them?

The plot.

3 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

As far as Lancel and everyone else knew there was no more wildfire. No one knew about Aerys' stash except Qyburn and Cersei. 

I'm all for nitpicking and criticizing the show but at least let's do it fairly. 

Watch the behind the episode that was just posted. Benioff says other people knew like Jaime and Brienne, or someone. 

Archived