[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

Just now, SerMixalot said:

I must admit I have become a big Meera-Bran shipper

Oh I think Bran and Meera are as good as walker-food for this story.  Jon has usurped the throne so what need do we have of Bran?  After all, they killed Rickon just so Jon could be declared King in the North and I'm guessing Bran has served his function in D&D's eyes as the plot-revealer so I expect next session he's done.  

BTW I want to point out that the Davos and Melisandra confrontation could have happened in Episode 3.  She has done nothing since raising Jon.  She could have been banned at that point and it wouldn't have effected the plot and made Davos out to be less of an evil jerk. 

2 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

BTW I want to point out that the Davos and Melisandra confrontation could have happened in Episode 3.  She has done nothing since raising Jon.  She could have been banned at that point and it wouldn't have effected the plot and made Davos out to be less of an evil jerk. 

I agree.  Liam Cunningham was great in that scene, but it was just too late for me to care - a whole season too late.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

They have been waiting for 10 whole episodes for that to happen?!!! It is so very disturbing - considering how much Davos loved Shireen.

I understand Davos thought Stannis died in battle along with all of his men (till BerserkerBrienne set him straight) - but what exactly was he assuming about Shireen's and even Selyse's absence after Melisandre returned to Castle Black without the Baratheons and any soldiers? That those two fought against the Boltons as well, just lost and were killed?

Sooo much fast travel this episode, holy crap. Varys to Dorne and back within twenty minutes, Arya already in Westeros with 'facing' mastered, who else? I know there were more. 

Cersei's reaction to Tommen's dead, smushed body was not at all what I expected. I really thought she was going to go mad upon seeing him, instead it seems as if it was all deliberate. Like she left Tommen alone on purpose, knowing what he would do. Poor Marg. Poor Tommen. Cersei's ruthless man. And the whole beginning part of the episode was like from the great epics, an arming scene, with everyone donning the their trappings and armor. I actually really liked that bit.

12 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

She doesn't take the throne as Robert's wife but as Tommen's heir.

I think considering he has no child, wife, brother or sister alive, and Baratheons are extinguished (show ignoring that far removed cousins may exist as usual), his mother inheriting isn't unlogical (or not as unlogical as most other things in the show).

Jaime would have no reason to inherit as he is (officially) further removed from Tommen than Cersei.

That said Qyburn (not a septon, not a noble, not even a maester with chain) crowning Cersei, is as low you may get as support to her legitimacy.

Don't even talk about this stuff. Claims and motivations do not matter in the show (e.g. Ramsay, Ellaria, etc.).

But it is clear that Cersei seizes power because she can. She killed everyone else and somebody has to take the throne. She is that one. Call it usurpation, call it right of conquest. Such a thing could happen in the books.

It won't, of course, but it could. Mace Tyrell certainly could try to seize the throne for himself, too, but if he would do this the lack of legitimacy should quickly lead to his downfall in light of the fact that Aegon is coming.

However, in Cersei's case the message the show is sending is that she is utterly in control. At least right now. There won't be any armies marching against her or massive uprisings. It will come down to Dany's gang vs. Cersei+Euron.

I don't even think the Northern gang will mess with her all that much. They have to prepare the Wall for the Others.

1 hour ago, WinterCloak said:

WHERE. WAS. GHOST?!! 

We had so much CGI this episode, why couldn't we have had Ghost for a brief moment when Jon was hailed 'the White Wolf' King in the North?!

Dragons are way more important, duh.  Noob.  

4 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

I just want to bring attention to how clever that little kid that set the candles up in the wildfire was! It was a brilliant an very risky design to set up and then he even ran up to check that everybody was in position befor leading Lancel down to admire his work before it blew up! That little kid was like a Bond villain that just had to get Lancel to see his fiendish set up before it blew up, the kid must also have had a really steady hand, and Cersei placed mad amounts of trust in that kid to do his job correctly, Awesome!

Yes! How did the boy's instructions go?

"Now, when all is prepared, run up the stairs. Make sure you're seen. The Sparrows will see you, but for sure only one of them will follow you. The others will stay back for some reason. Then you can kill that guy, even though you're a little boy and he is a battle-hardened grown man. Don't worry, you can surely sneak up on him even though he is looking for you. And we won't give you any backup down there. Don't worry about the risk that he easily defeats you and thereby ruins the whole plan.

"But! Leave him alive so he has a chance to foil the plan anyway. Stab him so he has to drag himself across the floor. Now, we know a little girl who has been stabbed multiple times, and gutted like a fish by a trained assassin, can still jump off bridges, swim, then run, run, run and fight with a sword. But THIS man will only be able to crawl slowly after being stabbed once."

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

However, in Cersei's case the message the show is sending is that she is utterly in control. At least right now. There won't be any armies marching against her or massive uprisings. It will come down to Dany's gang vs. Cersei+Euron.

I don't even think the Northern gang will mess with her all that much. They have to prepare the Wall for the Others.

Gods NO!!!! Cersei teaming up with Euron - I'd have never thought of that! But it makes total sense to me now - in a D&D created world.

I enjoyed this episode mostly (ignoring all those plot holes and teleportation abilities). My nitpicks:

- It didn't feel like Marg's story was over yet. Why show her giving Olenna a picture of a rose? Of course it is nice to know the motivations and hidden intentions, but nevertheless....

- Cersei could have shown some more grief? This season emphasized Cersei's love for her children and how devastated she would be losing one more... Or will they show that next season?

- I don't remember hearing Ned say "I promise". Give us that one line!

- I kind of liked the music but it stood out as odd to me because they hardly use piano music. I mean, the scenes in KL were beautiful but it was weird in the beginning.

- Varys LMFAO beam me up, Scotty!

- What did they kill Doran for? If they wanted women on top, why not freaking make Sansa Queen in the North since she is, um, TRUEBORN?

- What is left of the North, I wonder? How many men?

- totally shipping Jon/Sansa now. No regrets. Cousin marriage is legal in my country :P love how she mistrusts LF

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

Gods NO!!!! Cersei teaming up with Euron - I'd have never thought of that! But it makes total sense to me now - in a D&D created world.

No, that one is going to happen in the books, too. Euron is not going to get Dany. If he would George would have sent him to Slaver's Bay, not Victarion, and Dany would have there when he arrived, not gone. But he didn't.

Euron needs a replacement for Dany in both books and show, and Cersei is the obvious choice. Even more so in the books than in the show because in the books she is now completely at Mace's mercy. She'll have to get out of the city as quickly as possible because she'll fear that Mace/Tyrion will kill her and Tommen, too, now that they've killed Kevan and Pycelle. She is not going to think that Varys did this to turn her and the Tyrells against each other.

Once she learns that Euron has crushed the Redwyne fleet and taken the Arbor she'll send him a raven and meet him there. And with Cersei's help and the gold and the men of the West they will be able to work real havoc in Westeros, eventually challenging both Aegon and Dany.

Just now, Tyche said:

- Cersei could have shown some more grief? This season emphasized Cersei's love for her children and how devastated she would be losing one more... Or will they show that next season?

- totally shipping Jon/Sansa now. No regrets. Cousin marriage is legal in my country :P love how she mistrusts LF

1. Cersei will grieve in about 7-10 episodes - just like Davos needed some time to confront Melisandre ;o)

2. Sansa & Jon.....urgh! The cousin thing is legal in my country as well (I think) - but it is still gross! And somewhat wrong.:ack:  Especially for Jon with Sansa (or Arya) as they grew up as siblings.:blushing:

51 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

GHOST was "GENDRYing" almost all season long.

Thank the Gods - Euron was pleasantly absent most of the time as well - though he still had more screentime than all the direwolves combined.:angry2:

Got to love the fact that by the time he builds all his ships Dany will be in KL

Only thing that really irked me was the whole instant travel type thing.  Arya crossed the ocean instantly, found out where Walder was, and managed to kill him, all in the time it took Jon and Sansa to have a meeting about what to do next.

What was more unbelievable than Arya's though, of course was Varys.  How the heck did he get from Dorne one minute, and then suddenly he's on Dany's ship??  Why would he even go back that way if she was going to be there soon anyways?  Why not just meet her somewhere?  Nothing about that scene made sense, and it's really too bad that they don't have the books to follow anymore, as things have become far less consistent without them.

My only other criticisms are towards some of the theories that have popped up after Jon's lineage is (probably) revealed.

5 minutes ago, Tyche said:

What is left of the North, I wonder? How many men?

I wonder this about all the kingdoms. But obviously, as soon as someone makes a dramatic decision or dramatic entrance as a new ruler, new men spring up from the ground ready to fill another army.

Archived