[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

1 minute ago, YOVMO said:

BTW is Gregor now Rapeinstein? That is, is it implied that a zombie raped a septa and will continue to do so for a few months?

"RAPENSTEIN"?!?! THAT I like a lot! Well....not the thing in GoT itself....just the new name.:kiss:

1 minute ago, Super Mario said:

A couple of things nobody has mentioned yet that I've seen. Has it been established that Arya can change faces independently before?

No, it is also unclear where she got these faces. Did she swipe a bag of faces from the house of black and white or is she just killing random people as she goes along, stealing their faces?

What is the point (other than to create empty suspense)? If you are going to triumphantly take off your disguise after killing everyone, you shouldn't need to introduce yourself.

SHe learned that move from the waif.

Did Ned really ask for a Maester in the ToJ, or did I imagine it?

IT happened. It was real. This isn't some insane dream.

What are the odds that there was one there who hadn't yet noticed that one of the three/four people also in the tower was a dying woman. He'd have been better off asking if someone had left a teleporter lying around.

lol

5 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

...one just feels empty. I felt a bit sorry Tommen (but couldn't so much because he was a bratty teenager), and I was surprised they killed off Margaery Boleyn so soon. But other than that .....nothing.

Yeah.  For all the big things going on I didn't feel much in this episode either.

6 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

My complaint that I don't think anyone has mentioned for this episode is... the dragons. I feel it is part nitpick and part glaring plot hole. I can understand that writing a show is difficult. That squeezing so much story into 10 episodes per a season is difficult, but it's like they don't even have a vague plan of what to do the next season after they finish the last.

Last season we have Daenerys lock them up, cause they are hard to control and kill a child. Now? They are in control.. cause...? They are? I just feel like the whole part of locking them up never should have happened if we were never going to get a decent explanation as to why they are now tame.

Yeah, Dany learning to control the dragons is supposed to be a huge moment in her plotline and character arc. But they completely sidestepped it in the show and gave no explanation whatsoever how she suddenly become fully in control of them.

Probably been mentioned already, but if I've learned one thing from this season, it is that if I want power, respect and loyal followes, all I need to do is kill rulers! Ellaria and the Sand Snakes killed Doran, and now they're ruling happily in Dorne! Euron killed Balon and admitted it, and now he is the Salty King with a lot of loyal followers who love kinslaying! Daenerys burned the Dothraki horselords, and now all the Dothraki love her! Cersei killed the entire King's Landing plot, and now she's Queen and there doesn't seem to be any kind of rioting or chaos in King's Landing!

Consequences, what are those? Consequences only happen when you randomly find a wooden stag in pristine condition in a pyre just a couple of steps from Winterfell.

Also, the timelines in this episode were so completely fucked that I felt dizzy trying to understand in what order events took place. Quantum mechanics might make me dizzy, but at least that shit makes some kind of sense.

5 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

"RAPENSTEIN"?!?! THAT I like a lot! Well....not the thing in GoT itself....just the new name.:kiss:

thank you, but the question was legit. I feel that Lord Commander Ser Rapenstein was going to zombie rape septon unella for, presumably, a very long time.

Is this what everyone got from that scene or is it just me?

1 hour ago, ummester said:

None of them are empowered, they are all fucked either because of a nihilistic plot or shit house dialogue.

The show is so detached from its conventions, it could count as dada.

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

The very idea that all those powerful lords would be influenced by a speech made by a 10 year old girl is preposterous.

But you don't understand, Lyanna Mormont is a Lady, she is on the same level as them! Not that this has ever interested anybody when it came to other Ladies, but NOW it's important! Because reasons.

1 minute ago, lidsa said:

The show is so detached from its conventions, it could count as dada.

dada? more like kaka

1 minute ago, lidsa said:

But you don't understand, Lyanna Mormont is a Lady, she is on the same level as them! Not that this has ever interested anybody when it came to other Ladies, but NOW it's important! Because reasons.

While you are right that Lady's are marginalized I don't think peoples lack of interest in her opinion is as much about her gender as it is about her being a pre-pubescent child, a poorly written character and an insufferable little shit.

8 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Yeah, Dany learning to control the dragons is supposed to be a huge moment in her plotline and character arc.

There is no plot line. There is no character arc.

8 minutes ago, David Selig said:

But they completely sidestepped it in the show and gave no explanation whatsoever how she suddenly become fully in control of them.

girl power?

35 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

1. Cersei will grieve in about 7-10 episodes - just like Davos needed some time to confront Melisandre ;o)

2. Sansa & Jon.....urgh! The cousin thing is legal in my country as well (I think) - but it is still gross! And somewhat wrong.:ack:  Especially for Jon with Sansa (or Arya) as they grew up as siblings.:blushing:

A Jon/Sansa pairing makes me feel ill.  I really don't want it, and I don't believe we'll get it the books. 

26 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Doesn't Jon know that Bran is alive on the show, BTW? Apparently stealing the throne from both his brother and his sister doesn't bother him at all. And shouldn't he tell Sansa that Bran is alive?

They both know and neither of them have mentioned him, and it really aggravates me.  That said, if Bran makes it back to Winterfell (and I think it's a big if), I believe Jon would offer to step aside as KitN but Sansa wouldn't step aside as Lady of Winterfell.  Then what would happen?  If GRRM wrote it, it would be intriguing.  But with D$D$C? :dunce:

12 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

I think that was the great breakfast nook.

:rofl:

1 minute ago, YOVMO said:

thank you, but the question was legit. I feel that Lord Commander Ser Rapenstein was going to zombie rape septon unella for, presumably, a very long time.

Is this what everyone got from that scene or is it just me?

Yes, although he just stood there, so I've no idea what was meant to be happening, and I'm thankful for that tbh.

15 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

BTW is Gregor now Rapeinstein? That is, is it implied that a zombie raped a septa and will continue to do so for a few months?

Does he really rape her though? Is he... able to...? 

That's messed up.

Did I spot Martell flags on Dany's ships? Would explain why Varys is there on the ship with her... Though it does not explain why "crossing the Narrow Sea" doesn't mean shit anymore.

Guys, I think I know what happened to Gendry-- he's dead.  

Seriously, it's either that or he's still rowing.  Didn't Davos tell him to row his little boat to King's Landing and have a drink on him in Flea Bottom?  I know they could easily work around that and have him live, but given this show's tendency to just kill off characters it doesn't know what to do with anymore, and to do it off-screen, I wouldn't be surprised if Gendry would just be mentioned in passing as "oh yeah he burned up in the fire at King's Landing."

1 minute ago, Ser Quork said:

Yes, although he just stood there, so I've no idea what was meant to be happening, and I'm thankful for that tbh.

Yeah. I think that the days of GoT showing anything that resembles the gritty realities of violence against women in the world the show takes place in are gone and replaced with a general girls kick ass mentality.

Septa Unella gets some zombie rape because she was a slut shamer and slut shaming is a no no, but they had too much heat too many times to do more than allude to it I assume.

42 minutes ago, The Black Adder of Dorne said:

The only criticism I can make is that whoever was in charge of music for this episode ought to be flayed.

While I think the beginning was well executed (seriously, I cannot complain about the directing in this episode), the music was so jarring. I think I'd rather have preferred a harpsichord playing ominous Dracula tunes in the background. I'm not even kidding, I love the harpsichord.

I wish the Red Wedding had been done in a somewhat similar fashion as the beginning of this episode. The Red Wedding completely lacked the atmosphere, the sense of dread and horror that really made the scene for me in the book. This guy should have directed the Rains of Castamere, it could have been something amazing.

And we're out! Thank goodness. This time last year I couldn't wait to find out what happens next on Got. How will Jon come back, Sansa escapes, Arya actions have consequences. etc etc. After this season? I really don't really give a toss what they do next year, loads more eye candy I'm sure and a heap more plot holes. Well I'm at least thankful I'm not going to ponder this for the rest of the year. 

The crap has crapt and moved on and once it has crapt it can not be un crapt.

Any bets we don't get the book before next season?

5 minutes ago, The Lord of Cinder said:

While I think the beginning was well executed (seriously, I cannot complain about the directing in this episode), the music was so jarring. I think I'd rather have preferred a harpsichord playing ominous Dracula tunes in the background. I'm not even kidding, I love the harpsichord.

I wish the Red Wedding had been done in a somewhat similar fashion as the beginning of this episode. The Red Wedding completely lacked the atmosphere, the sense of dread and horror that really made the scene for me in the book. This guy should have directed the Rains of Castamere, it could have been something amazing.

I agree about the music - it was very intrusive in this ep.  And I agree about the Red Wedding (although I know it's an unpopular view) - I don't think they did it justice at all - it was poorly pace and quite plodding.  The stabbing of Talisa was like something from a 70s slasher movie and Robb's death really drawn out.  Just no.

27 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Yeah, Dany learning to control the dragons is supposed to be a huge moment in her plotline and character arc. But they completely sidestepped it in the show and gave no explanation whatsoever how she suddenly become fully in control of them.

It just agitates me. I don't even mind them glossing over her learning to control her dragons. I know it is important, but time constraints and all that. Just that they took the time to set up the idea and gave no conclusion. 

I realise it should be Dany that learns to control them and my idea is poor, but heck! Instead of Tyrion doing nothing and drinking with Grey Worm and Missandei this season why not get him to try and learn about them? Or tame them? It's not too farfethced that Tyrion would be intrigued and realise that something has to be done about them if Daenerys wants them in Westeros.

Archived