[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

Just now, Nerevanin said:

You mean that LF will use his pocket teleportation machine to bring Meera and Bran to Winterfell and when Sansa would be grateful that he brought her her little brother, he would once again tell her right in the eyes that he wants to  make babies with her? :P

PLOT LINE ALERT.  I feel certain we have one spoiler nailed down for next season :-)

Getting all these characters killed in the explosion is just so lazy, a bit like killing off half your soap opera cast by having terrorists from a fantasy country shoot everyone...

Just for fun, I will repeat this:

Taking all the plotholes and timeloops/-jumps into consideration, it is 

Game Offscreen Thrones 

right now.

(Especially, since everyone loving it so much, gives the stupid "it could have happened offscreen"-argument)

I really thought Danny and Tyrion were going to kiss.  I mean, the rest of the episode was so bleeping ridiculous, and they were standing really close and kind of staring into each other's eyes.  

I'm not like the rest of you I guess.  I was willing to try and overlook the plot divergences, teleporting, time jumping and logic problems...until this episode.  One thing to try and condense and simplify...and another to piss all over the future outline Martin gave them.  I still had some hope it was the former prior to this episode. 

All of that said, you can kind of see where some of this might have been Martin-inspired in some general way.  After all, Cersei is likely going to off Marjory in the books at some point.  Just, you know, probably not in a way that so clearly leads to a war that she has no prayer of winning.   

1 minute ago, Nerevanin said:

Wouldn't it be nice to know who were the bride and the groom on the wedding. Because from the scene I was almost inclined to say that it was Jaime+Walder. I can't decide who was the groom and who the bride though.

That was no wedding, was it? It was a feast to celebrate the Freys/Lannisters (re)taking Riverrun. 

1 minute ago, Lyin' Ned said:

That was no wedding, was it? It was a feast to celebrate the Freys/Lannisters (re)taking Riverrun. 

I don't know. Before the episode, I had no idea how some people came to the conclusion that it was a wedding. But right as the scene started, it seemed obvious to me that it was a wedding. I don't know, I suppose that I got confused as hell then.... :blush:

13 minutes ago, ArtNJ said:

I really thought Danny and Tyrion were going to kiss.  I mean, the rest of the episode was so bleeping ridiculous, and they were standing really close and kind of staring into each other's eyes.  

I thought this for a second too. There was some weird, weird energy in that room. At this point it wouldn't have surprised me... we could even have had another shocking death when Daario comes out of that door, sees and goes apeshit and then murders Tyrion. Honestly, don't think I'd have batted an eyelid!

Also thought there was a weird Sansa and Jon vibe too... and they've ruined everything else in the show, why the hell not? I wouldn't put it past them, although it makes me feel a little bit sick

In the grand scheme of things this is a very small point, but I've just read my own signature and realised, where the fuck is Jorah the Explorer?!

I know Dany sent him off to die magically heal himself so he can come back to serve her, but... that ship has literally sailed, Dany and co are on their way back to Westeros! Do we assume he's still on his hopeless noble quest or was he just hiding belowdecks? Is he going to return to Meereen with his WonderCure to find that he's been abandoned? Or do we assume he's joined Gendry on his mission of rowing to the moon?

I mean, they gave him JonCon's story (kind of) so they could do something interesting with him bringing greyscale to Westeros, or... oh, who am I kidding. Jorah's gone forever, right? 

3 minutes ago, Balerion the one eared cat said:

I thought this for a second too. There was some weird, weird energy in that room. At this point it wouldn't have surprised me... we could even have had another shocking death when Daario comes out of that door, sees and goes apeshit and then murders Tyrion. Honestly, don't think I'd have batted an eyelid!

Also thought there was a weird Sansa and Jon vibe too... and they've ruined everything else in the show, why the hell not? I wouldn't put it past them, although it makes me feel a little bit sick

haha, that would have been in tone with the show, no doubt. 

When Tyrion went "I believe in you" I felt a weird vibe too, I expected Dany to go "oh yay I have my new frienzoned right hand" It's like the Stark in Winterfell rule, there must always be at least ONE. 

I seriously can't tell if these vibes are deliberate or a result of bad chemistry between actors or just awkward writing translating into disturbing sexual tension :stillsick:

I want Jon to be a STARK.. So my theory COULD BE biased somehow..

1. In books why is Ned constantly tormented by "Promise me, Ned", if he's kept that promise so perfectly for these many years?   I fail to understand this. My guess - He failed unknowingly only a few minutes before Lyanna asked him that promise. On show Lyanna says "...If Robert finds out he will kill him, you know he will... You have to protect him.. Promise me, Ned." I think here by 'him' she means Arthur Dayne. He+Howland Reed killed him below just minutes before! He simply won't tell her this tragic incident at her death-bed. That is why he is haunted by "Promise me, Ned" all the time.

2. This child Lyanna gave birth to in my opinion is Meera. http://awoiaf.westeros.org gives her birth year as 283 AC.  I don't have answers for following Questions though - Did Rhaegar as his best friend helped Arthur to run away with Lyanna? Is Lyanna's pregnancy why AD & other two KGs were there at TOJ? Why wouldn't Arthur tell Ned the whole thing before the TOJ fight even began? What is the colour of Arthur Dayne's eyes? Because Meera is definitely Green eyed & Lyanna was Grey.

3. Howland Reed took Meera with him to Greywater Watch & raised her as his daughter (he is in debt to Lyanna because Harrenhal tourney incident). Nobody can know a Kingsguard (that too an honourable knight like The Sword in The Morning) fathered a child! (Are they married? No idea!) It would be a disgrace to House Dayne & their honour.

4. Why is Ned so worried about honour of House Dayne? Ans. 1. Memory of Lyanna & her love interest 2. His own love interest!

5. Now we come to Ned's love interest. He & Ashara loved each other. Before Brandon Stark was killed Ned might have promised her a marriage & even gotten her pregnant. Their child is Jon & as per www.awoiaf.westeros.org his birth year is also 283 AC. My guess is that all these four; Stark & Dayne brother-sisters might have been close to each other/at same location right before Brandon & Rickard Stark's murders, & their love bloomed there. 

6. Now after Brandon's death as a law/tradition Ned has to marry Catlyn Tully for the honour of his house & House Tully. But what about Ashara, her child without a marriage? She couldn't bear her disgrace & a loss of Ned. Commits suicide. Ned had to take his+her child back home to protect the honour of Ashara & House Dayne. But why wouldn't he tell Cat about Jon after so many years? What about Wylla & other Dayne family members not knowing about Ashara's child? I have no answer.

7. His & Lyanna's relations with Arthur & Ashara quite explains why he had to ride to Starfall to return Dawn.

8. In books Ned is constantly feeling guilty about many 'lies' & 'failed promises'.. Above are some of them.  

9. Ned is a honourable guy. But bad circumstances (bad but non-political like Love & marriage) are making him protect the honour of not only house Stark but Dayne & Tully as well.

10. Reference to the Blue flower/rose growing from the chink of the ice wall - If i am not mistaken, the time-frame of this vision & the crossing of the Bran & co. is somewhat same. Can this be a reference to Meera instead of Jon?

What do you guys think? Please comment on this write-up. As i said, this can be totally biased view because i want Jon to be a Stark! Plus i am new to the books. It's just my first re-reading!! No offense intended to R+L=J staunch supporters & old readers!!

4 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

She doesn't take the throne as Robert's wife but as Tommen's heir.

I think considering he has no child, wife, brother or sister alive, and Baratheons are extinguished (show ignoring that far removed cousins may exist as usual), his mother inheriting isn't unlogical (or not as unlogical as most other things in the show).

Jaime would have no reason to inherit as he is (officially) further removed from Tommen than Cersei.

That said Qyburn (not a septon, not a noble, not even a maester with chain) crowning Cersei, is as low you may get as support to her legitimacy.

Well, I see your supporting show logic, but that further illustrates how the show making up its own lines of succession rules is a mess. Cersei has no claim to the throne, she is a Lannister. Only Baratheon's have a claim to the throne. She is a Baratheon by marriage, but not by blood, so the lines of succession would find another Baratheon heir to put on the throne. The books (and the show) have done this to make sure houses do not go extinct. The Starks had to have a female heir continue their name in the recent past in the books, and the Boltons in the books and the show legitimized to take the family seat. Lady Walda was never a contender for the seat of House Bolton. 

It is ridiculous to say Cersei has any claim. All of her children are dead. The nearest whiff of a Baratheon would be placed on the throne by the small council. Now, she's eliminated them, of course--which means the LANNISTERS have taken the throne. Even then, Larry should be the King. Possibly Cersei the Queen. I don't know. It makes no sense.

4 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

This was posted for last week's ep, but I think it's even more appropriate now for what the show is: great production values, but plot and dialogue that are complete trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

I didn't see that last week, thanks, that was lol.

2 minutes ago, Winter_Is_Coming21 said:

I want Jon to be a STARK.. So my theory COULD BE biased somehow..

1. In books why is Ned constantly tormented by "Promise me, Ned", if he's kept that promise so perfectly for these many years?   I fail to understand this. My guess - He failed unknowingly only a few minutes before Lyanna asked him that promise. On show Lyanna says "...If Robert finds out he will kill him, you know he will... You have to protect him.. Promise me, Ned." I think here by 'him' she means Arthur Dayne. He+Howland Reed killed him below just minutes before! He simply won't tell her this tragic incident at her death-bed. That is why he is haunted by "Promise me, Ned" all the time.

I think the explanation to his torment is possibly the theory that Lyanna didn't really elope for love, at least not only but for she believed Rhaegar's prophecies and wants Jon to be seen as the prince he is. She probably wanted Ned to support this at some point in time, which would mean Robert would become his enemy. I think Ned didn't buy the whole prophecy thing and knew it would bring a war to a kingdom that had just gotten out of one and chose to remain Jon's identity a secret, which haunts him for he broke his promise to Lyanna, lied to Cat and denied Jon the truth about his parents and his birthright. 

13 hours ago, Nami said:

She a psychopath basically
I hope they are going for "she's fucked up" not "she's a badass now" because that's disturbing

Truth.  Arya is a PTSD character, for sure.  She has been broken by a string of violence against her and her family.  I am okay with that and it actually makes sense!  However, let's not continue to glorify the disturbing and bloodthirsty behavior of the "Heroines" shown in the last two episodes.

Arya would have been fully justified in the killing of all three Freys.  But the inexplicable complexity of the cooking scheme, food placement, and subsequent bizarre grinning during/right after the killing was disturbing.

4 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

She doesn't take the throne as Robert's wife but as Tommen's heir.

I think considering he has no child, wife, brother or sister alive, and Baratheons are extinguished (show ignoring that far removed cousins may exist as usual), his mother inheriting isn't unlogical (or not as unlogical as most other things in the show).

Jaime would have no reason to inherit as he is (officially) further removed from Tommen than Cersei.

That said Qyburn (not a septon, not a noble, not even a maester with chain) crowning Cersei, is as low you may get as support to her legitimacy.

Am I the only one that thinks the killing of Pycelle was to make Qyburn the Grand Maester now? I know technically it's an atrocity to think this could ever happen, but it's the show so I wouldn't put it past them. 

Archived