[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

9 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

I've got issues with St Tyrion too, so please don't get me wrong-- yet what you've described above, that's little more than being a 'conqueror.' The big game, the game of thrones, I've always taken that to be about the bloodless [and bloody, if necessary] art of diplomacy and political machinations in general.

And if that's the case, then yes, Dany definitely has a lot to learn.  

Yes of course, but Tyrions delivery of it was patronising as Tyrion has a lot to learn as well, he perhaps wisely advised Daenerys not to take Daario but if he was truly wise he would perhaps advise her not to take himself, St Tyrions not exactly well loved and respected in Westeros and not just because of his being a dwarf. I like Tyrion but I'm trying to be realistic.

Just now, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

This.

There is nothing..  absolutely nothing that hints at passage of time.

No saying painting all the sails takes time isn't an argument.

There are creative ways to do this. Even between seasons. Walking dead had gardens grown or other indicators.

Other shows have time jumps by showing different hair cuts.

Tyrion has literally looked the same since season 4?

They have money to change people's hair with wigs and extensions. Do it.

One instance where Dany hair burning off would have been great as they could show her hair slowly growing back in.

None of that matters, Cersei's hair has barely grown in the time it took LF to travel to the Vale, to the Wall, back to the Vale and March an Army to Winterfell, in that same time Theon has traveled from Winterfell to Pyke, and from Pyke to  Meeren and then halfway back from Meereen to Westeros.

And if you want to argue that the other timelines don't match up with KL, we know it was at least the amount of time that Jaime went from KL to Riverrun, Riverrun to the Twins, and then the Twins back to KL. Most of that with an marching army which means he couldn't be going very fast.

7 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

I would imagine by any logic the Citadel makes people Grand Maesters but in GoT anything is possible

The show Citadel apparently knows nothing - so they would probably be ok with a raven telling them "old Grand Maester was killed by Qyburn, Qyburn is therefore new Grand Maester.Tally-ho fellows!"

"Yes of course, but Tyrions delivery of it was patronising as Tyrion has a lot to learn as well, he perhaps wisely advised Daenerys not to take Daario but if he was truly wise he would perhaps advise her not to take himself, St Tyrions not exactly well loved and respected in Westeros and not just because of his being a dwarf. I like Tyrion but I'm trying to be realistic."

But with Barristan dead Dany should just throw caution to the wind and hope the die roll her way in trustworthy people to align with? It seems unfair, and it was -there was no real reason to leave Dario behind- but bringing Tyrion with is beyond any doubt I have as a thing absolutely necessary to Dany on Westerosi shores.

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

"Yes of course, but Tyrions delivery of it was patronising as Tyrion has a lot to learn as well, he perhaps wisely advised Daenerys not to take Daario but if he was truly wise he would perhaps advise her not to take himself, St Tyrions not exactly well loved and respected in Westeros and not just because of his being a dwarf. I like Tyrion but I'm trying to be realistic."

But with Barristan dead Dany should just throw caution to the wind and hope the die roll her way in trustworthy people to align with? It seems unfair, and it was -there was no real reason to leave Dario behind- but bringing Tyrion with is beyond any doubt I have as a thing absolutely necessary to Dany on Westerosi shores.

Yes I agree taking Tyrion is important and hopefully she can trust him but Daario was pretty damn loyal as well and Tyrion has managed to pull a Jorah on her by isolating her from other people she can trust, not by design I believe but Daario could have been seen by Tyrion as a dissenting voice that  Tyrion felt a little threatened by? Anyway my initial concern was with the condescending way Tyrion delivered the "big game" speech as Daenerys just saved his arse in Meereen and I just felt that when and how he delivered it was really out of place and annoying. 

23 hours ago, Nymeria_Stark said:

FIRST of all, the first several minutes were VERY confusing, at least until I saw the Wildfire, then somehow I just knew it was under the Sept.

SECOND... ARYA ARYA ARYA!!! Need I say more??

THIRD... THEY FREAKING CONFIRMED R+L=J!!!!

In my eyes, I'd say D&D have MORE than redeemed themselves after that heartbreaking Hodor moment. What do y'all think??

I think you're in the wrong thread there, friend.

My worst complaint is it wasn't enough. After the misery that was Season 5, I've felt rewarded this season for hanging on. We're rid of all the deadwood characters, and the pieces are all moving together on the chessboard.

If the road from Meereen to King's Landing goes past the ruins of Valyria maybe we'll find Ser Jorah hanging out with his stoned men friends.

On 26/6/2016 at 11:59 PM, Nymeria_Stark said:

FIRST of all, the first several minutes were VERY confusing, at least until I saw the Wildfire, then somehow I just knew it was under the Sept.

SECOND... ARYA ARYA ARYA!!! Need I say more??

THIRD... THEY FREAKING CONFIRMED R+L=J!!!!

In my eyes, I'd say D&D have MORE than redeemed themselves after that heartbreaking Hodor moment. What do y'all think??

the hodor thing was the big thing this season, arya killing freys was something i saw coming, the same with jon's parents.

don't get me wrong i didn't knew that servant was arya and it was cool to see her (the pies i hated, just salt on the wound of what could've been the greatest plot on season 5 or in this one but they choose not to give us the awesomeness of the great northern conspiracy)

and being on these forums from around season 1 i knew about r+l=j and that it was probably true (i still want to believe he is ned's and wylla's son, just the bastard son of a lord and some low born woman destined to kick winter in the teeth)

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

None of that matters, Cersei's hair has barely grown in the time it took LF to travel to the Vale, to the Wall, back to the Vale and March an Army to Winterfell, in that same time Theon has traveled from Winterfell to Pyke, and from Pyke to  Meeren and then halfway back from Meereen to Westeros.

And if you want to argue that the other timelines don't match up with KL, we know it was at least the amount of time that Jaime went from KL to Riverrun, Riverrun to the Twins, and then the Twins back to KL. Most of that with an marching army which means he couldn't be going very fast.

I think we're agreeing and you thought I wasn't

So one thing is still really unclear to me.

Why did Lancel Lannister decide to run after a commoner child instead of fetching Cersei like he was ordered? How did that task (which no one ordered him to do) seem more important then fetching Cersei Lannister?

Even if he knows they're whisperers reporting to Qyburn, what's the worst they can do, tell Cersei that they're coming? She'd obviously be expecting them anyway.

Also, after what happened the last time the Sparrows tried to bring Cersei to the sept, why would they ever think that just 3 men armed with a mace and no armor would be enough to bring Cersei to her trial? She has a giant knight in full platemail armor who doesn't even need to use his sword to kill people without suffering even a scratch.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Google: scissors. 

14 hours ago, David Selig said:

Yeah, Dany learning to control the dragons is supposed to be a huge moment in her plotline and character arc. But they completely sidestepped it in the show and gave no explanation whatsoever how she suddenly become fully in control of them.

Yes, Euron had that magical horn that was supposed to control dragons. That was a major reason the Ironborn chose him as their king. He gave it to his brother in order to capture the dragons and thereby Dany, I believe. I always assumed she would end up with the horn.

The horn burned the lungs of people who blew it, killing them. It killed one of Euron's shipmates that way. But Dany can withstand fire, as we have seen. She could blow the horn and survive, meaning only she could control the dragons.

Alas, what could have been.

On another note, I don't remember who asked, but "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east" (then Dany will have another child) refers to a young Dornishman from the royal family in the novels. He goes to Meereen to ask for Dany's hand. He foolishly steps into the dragon dungeon thinking he can take control of a dragon, and is promptly melted down. The sun being the Martell symbol, he was the sun that traveled from the west to go down in the east. But that won't be in the show either.

Nor will the "Three times will you be betrayed" line, since one of the betrayals was Daario Naharis switching sides before the siege of Meereen. But he won't switch sides now. So that whole prophecy is moot as well.

19 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Google: scissors. 

So she's been cutting her hair after her walk of shame the hair she loved and is one of her features because she really liked the look eh?

Tyrion kept his hair nicely trim in his travels from Volantis to Valyria to Meereen having his hair cut and beard trimmed by Jorah and then the slavers.

2 hours ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

This.

There is nothing..  absolutely nothing that hints at passage of time.

No saying painting all the sails takes time isn't an argument.

There are creative ways to do this. Even between seasons. Walking dead had gardens grown or other indicators.

Other shows have time jumps by showing different hair cuts.

Tyrion has literally looked the same since season 4?

They have money to change people's hair with wigs and extensions. Do it.

One instance where Dany hair burning off would have been great as they could show her hair slowly growing back in.

Exactly. Those who ridicule the fact that pretty much anyone will think Varys' travels happen too fast, are people who don't understand how you build a story. Whether in novels or movies or TV shows, certain things need to be established, which can be done in various ways.

No, bubbas, we are not asking to see Varys standing on a ship for several episodes, so let's cut out that hyperbole once and for all, shall we? There are ways to hint at a passage of time. And at the very least you don't put Varys' scenes in locations weeks away from each other within a timespan of just a few minutes for the viewers.

19 hours ago, Jarl Halstein said:

On another note, I don't remember who asked, but "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east" (then Dany will have another child) refers to a young Dornishman from the royal family in the novels. He goes to Meereen to ask for Dany's hand. He foolishly steps into the dragon dungeon thinking he can take control of a dragon, and is promptly melted down. The sun being the Martell symbol, he was the sun that traveled from the west to go down in the east. But that won't be in the show either.

Nor will the "Three times will you be betrayed" line, since one of the betrayals was Daario Naharis switching sides before the siege of Meereen. But he won't switch sides now. So that whole prophecy is moot as well.

ooooh, I like your "when the sun rises in the west..." theory! :eek: I have never thought of that.

Though most people find Quentyn's storyline boring - I must admit I would have liked some of Quentyn's "adventure".

Of course we won't get to see the 3 betrayals in the show - but I do fear they will somehow morph/fuse Daarios story with the events happening in book-Astapor: when Dany leaves Astapor she sets up a council to rule the city and the newly freed slaves but a butcher then overthrows and kills that council, crowns himself king and starts his reign of terror (maybe related to show-Cersei?)....

Show-Daario is left behind to help setting up something similar to that council - so the freed slaves in Meereen can somehow vote their new leaders....WHAT IF...Daario now - after being unceremoniously ditched by his beloved girlfriend - decides he wants some power for himself?

Well, that could happen in GoT - but I rather imagine we will never see Jorah, Daario and Meereen ever again....

Archived