[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

2 hours ago, CaulShivers said:

Does Carol cut her hair, or why has it not grown out since after her walk of shame?

I would ask that in this other thread because mant there seem to have all the answers about timelines 

55 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

She didn't keep her hair shaved.  She had it quite obviously cut in a nice hairstyle.  And, if you know anything about hair, you know it's awkward to grow it out again after you have it cut short.

I cut my hair March last year, barely below my ears. I got sick and lost half of my hair shortly after that. now, a year and so later, I have it below my shoulders. I think you don't know how hair works.

So how the hell did Arya manage to cut loose a face, and plant it on her with the same magic the Faceless men can do it? Did she say hocus pocus? Did that do it? Also amazed at her cooking talent. Or at her talent of cutting some body parts of two men and stuffing them in pies.

Really it's like D&D just put the work of GRRM in a blender or something. For example:

- Arya serving Frey pies/being all Lady Stoneheartlike

The Mountain torturing Septa Unella, while it's supposed to be the Mountain who was being "tortured" there by Qyburn

And a lot lot more. I'm sick of this plotdriven storyline. The actions of characters don't make any sense anymore.

I just don't get why Rhaeger is such a hero. He cheated on his wife and left her for another woman. When the rebellion breaks out, who does he defend? His mistress and their child not his wife and son/heir.   So if R+L=J then how fortunate for the future king of the world Jon that Rhaeger's legitimate family was killed.

Also Brienne wasn't present in this episode as well. Going by the shows logic, she probably has gone to Asshai, back to Westeros, back to Asshai because she forgot Jaime Lannisters sword, conveniently stumbled upon someone of the acting Troupe who told her about Arya, and is now exploring the West of Westeros to find her.

30 minutes ago, Bumble Bee said:

I just don't get why Rhaeger is such a hero. He cheated on his wife and left her for another woman. When the rebellion breaks out, who does he defend? His mistress and their child not his wife and son/heir.   So if R+L=J then how fortunate for the future king of the world Jon that Rhaeger's legitimate family was killed.

Well yeah, it's not supposed to be happy and cute, but tragic. Nothing out of the ordinary, this is ASoIaF.

Also, I think his wife and kids were very much protected inside the Red Keep until Aerys decides to let the Lannisters inside King's Landing. Lyanna was in the middle of nowhere with only three (two, in the show) KG to Keep her son safe.

4 minutes ago, Nami said:

Well yeah, it's not supposed to be happy and cute, but tragic. Nothing out of the ordinary, this is ASoIaF.

Also, I think his wife and kids were very much protected inside the Red Keep until Aerys decides to let the Lannisters inside King's Landing. Lyanna was in the middle of nowhere with only three (two, in the show) KG to Keep her son safe.

Well, they were trapped with Aerys. I'd not consider that particularly safe. I'd sooner trust my John-Thomas in the hands of a lunatic with a pair of scissors.

Was Cersei a protagonist or antagonist in Season 6?  Was this consistent with her character from before? Was it consistent with her character throughout the season?

Should we celebrate her ascension...or lament it?  Which do you think the writers intended?

Was Tommen's death planned by Cersei...or a tragic by-product, or simply a check-marked plot point?

1 hour ago, Bumble Bee said:

He's not a hero, he was a delusional idiot and believe me many others share that POV

2 hours ago, TimeforTravel said:

Also Brienne wasn't present in this episode as well. Going by the shows logic, she probably has gone to Asshai, back to Westeros, back to Asshai because she forgot Jaime Lannisters sword, conveniently stumbled upon someone of the acting Troupe who told her about Arya, and is now exploring the West of Westeros to find her.

Hahaha sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Boarsbane said:

He's not a hero, he was a delusional idiot and believe me many others share that POV

Well isn't GRRM quoted as saying that asoiaf is a story which begins after the hero dies (the hero implied to be Rhaegar)?

9 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Well isn't GRRM quoted as saying that asoiaf is a story which begins after the hero dies (the hero implied to be Rhaegar)?

Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.

He's clearly a hero in a classical sense, which is also why he's clearly not a hero in a ASoIaF universe.

2 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Was Cersei a protagonist or antagonist in Season 6?  Was this consistent with her character from before? Was it consistent with her character throughout the season?

Should we celebrate her ascension...or lament it?  Which do you think the writers intended?

Was Tommen's death planned by Cersei...or a tragic by-product, or simply a check-marked plot point?

Yes she planned that after she blew up the building, her son would commit suicide so she would inherit the throne. Very intuitive.

I was watching some video reactions on youtube, and all of them showed people very pleased and excited over Arya's vengeance/psychopathy and it's sad how most people do not seem to grasp the downfall of this character. It's sad what she became.
She is completely messed up to the point of killing men, cutting them up and making a pie with their meat. Is this vengeance? Is this supposed to be "cool" and "badass"? 
This show had some depth and it's sad how it became just a shock value-badassness-vengeance-women on top-fuck logic fest

3 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

D&D said the reason Tommen killed himself is because Cersei didn't console him.  Sounds overly simplistic but whatever.  

I didn't watch episodes 3-9, but I was surprised at how much they have actually turned her into a bad person (I think?).  I remember back in season 2 or 3 or some season, she was horrified by Joffrey having all of Robert's bastards killed in KL, even though in the book it was clearly Cersei.  They did this a few times...taking things Cersei did in the books and put them on Joffrey.  So I don't know what their deal is.  They also said that the only thing that humanized Cersei were her children...

Archived