[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

1 hour ago, Houndbird said:

I've read that show watchers are under the impression that Jon is Ned's son.  For them to come to this conclusion after this episode shows how badly written it is.  Poor Starks. Now people think Jon is the product of incest.

:huh:

I want to read this, just to see the unsullied commentaries. And yes, it shows how bad written the show is.

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I'm just gonna put this here as reference because there was some discussion on this thread/another thread where a poster claimed that Jaime told Tyrion about the incident with the mad King and that is how Tyrion magically knew the story to tell to Dany. 

Basically Jaime didn't tell Tyrion so it is just shit writing by the show runners who forgot their own story:

It's a major turning point for Jaime, to be this vulnerable and open and raw with someone other than Cersei. And I think it's the first time he's told ANYONE what really happened during the sack of King's Landing-that includes Tyrion and Cersei. 

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/episodes/3/25-kissed-by-fire/interview/bryan-cogman.html 

HA! I knew it !!!:commie: Thank you soooooo much! I was about to torture myself by rewatching the entire season 4 to see if this kind of conversation ever happened between Tyrion & Jaime ...

I think the fact Jaime has never told anyone the truth about Aerys (not even Tyrion or Cersei) makes his confession to Brienne even more important & meaningful...and now the show made it seem as if a lot of people knew about Aerys' plan to blow up Kings Landing anyway - so Jaime probably told Cersei about all the wildfire as well....

4 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

HA! I knew it !!!:commie: Thank you soooooo much! I was about to torture myself by rewatching the entire season 4 to see if this kind of conversation ever happened between Tyrion & Jaime ...

I think the fact Jaime has never told anyone the truth about Aerys (not even Tyrion or Cersei) makes his confession to Brienne even more important & meaningful...and now the show made it seem as if a lot of people knew about Aerys' plan to blow up Kings Landing anyway - so Jaime probably told Cersei about all the wildfire as well....

Anytime. 

Seriously. If it helps with the flaws, I am there  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just thought of something upon an accidental rewatch of the Dany sailing to Westeros  clip. 

Not only is Dany on the ship with Varys, who once wanted her dead (whoops) but Tyrion is now aligned with the Bad Pussy Sand who killed his niece and Olenna Tyrell who was part of the family that rooted to have Tyrion put in the black cells when Olenna kinda framed Tyrion for regicide (or atleast let him take the heat of it). 

1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

Yep, and none of it will ever be mentioned again. *flourishing hand-wave*

And the Sandfakes and their heartless leader should hate Tyrion as well - after all, Oberyn kind of died for him AND he is a weak man... they usually kill those straight away...

Of course - now they all can be merry and happy and enjoy their little field trip to Westeros and sing "why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"...

It's amazing that they all forged some kind of alliance now - and so fast - without any bad blood between them.

2 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

And the Sandfakes and their heartless leader should hate Tyrion as well - after all, Oberyn kind of died for him AND he is a weak man... they usually kill those straight away...

Of course - now they all can be merry and happy and enjoy their little field trip to Westeros and sing "why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"...

It's amazing that they all forged some kind of alliance now - and so fast - without any bad blood between them.

BEST SHOW EVER!

2 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Praise Jeebus! It just keeps getting better, doesn't it. 

Season 7 will be BADASS!!!

So, I haven't watched this season, apart from half of E10, but of course I've kept up to date in the Without Repercussion thread!  I just asked my brother (a shownly who thinks it's awesome) who Jon's mother is, to see if it made sense to someone who has been diligently watching the show for 6 seasons.  His answer: dunno.

As far as I can tell, the Cersei thing is like Princess Diana still being with us, killing all of the royal family, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and a load of other high ranking folk, Wills then killing himself because she blew up Kate, then crowning herself, and everyone just being, "ah ok then".  Now doesn't that sound bloody ridiculous?

5 minutes ago, Neddy's Girl said:

So, I haven't watched this season, apart from half of E10, but of course I've kept up to date in the Without Repercussion thread!  I just asked my brother (a shownly who thinks it's awesome) who Jon's mother is, to see if it made sense to someone who has been diligently watching the show for 6 seasons.  His answer: dunno.

Interesting. So showcasuals don't know who Jon's father is (nobody knows Rhaegar so we've had lots of funny theories like Robert, Ned, Varys, Viserys, the Kingsguard who raped Lyanna in the Tower of Joy....) but some don't even understand who his mother is?

Shamefully bad writing!

Most of my shownly friends don't get anything either - they don't even get the names of the charaters they like - but they don't really care,they only watch it for all the badass, blood, gore, boobs and figthing.  And of course because it is Game of Thrones ....duh! It's epic and awesomeand shit - the biggest tv show there ever was and ever will be...apparently logic isn't so much their bag.

Yeah, my brother was mainly gutted at no more Natalie Dormer.  Talking of not knowing names, I overhead my neighbours talking about Deanerys, "who's that?" one said, "Duh, the mother of dragons", "No, that's Khaleesi!"  It was all I could do to keep from shouting over the fence...

I thought this season was great but the writing was awful in some episodes.  I still cant get that Arya and Waif chase like Tom and Jerry out of my system.  I just thought that Arya was smarter with her FM training.  And to have a flesh wound and run around like nothing happens kills me.  Plus the teleporting is strong in this season.  Though I know they want to speed up the show. I just feel like they could of done a better job of showcasing showrunners departing to their destination (i.e. Varys in Dorne and then on a Targ ship behind Dany, rather than being on a Martell ship with the Sand Snakes).  Though I know he supports Dany.

4 minutes ago, Neddy's Girl said:

Yeah, my brother was mainly gutted at no more Natalie Dormer.  Talking of not knowing names, I overhead my neighbours talking about Deanerys, "who's that?" one said, "Duh, the mother of dragons", "No, that's Khaleesi!"  It was all I could do to keep from shouting over the fence...

I had tha same type of conversation with my 20 year old niece a few weeks ago. She asked me a few questions about previous seasons as a reminder to herself and I answered something like, "well, remember when Danaerys was in the house of the undying?"

-where? 

Me: the place with the blue lipped warlock

-who?

Me: the place where Danaerys burns the guy for taking her dragons? 

-Oh yea! I remember the baby dragons burning that guy. Who is Danaerys? 

Me (cringing hard): the khaleesi! 

-Oooh. Her name is Danaerys? I thought it was Khaleesi!

Me: :bang:

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Interesting. So showcasuals don't know who Jon's father is (nobody knows Rhaegar so we've had lots of funny theories like Robert, Ned, Varys, Viserys, the Kingsguard who raped Lyanna in the Tower of Joy....) but some don't even understand who his mother is?

Shamefully bad writing!

Most of my shownly friends don't get anything either - they don't even get the names of the charaters they like - but they don't really care,they only watch it for all the badass, blood, gore, boobs and figthing.  And of course because it is Game of Thrones ....duh! It's epic and awesomeand shit - the biggest tv show there ever was and ever will be...apparently logic isn't so much their bag.

Oh, that's excellent. I had seen the Robert and Ned ones, but not the others... And they don't know Lyanna is his mother.

It's trash show, a spectacle, but it's not even clear. They could at least be clear about something as big as R+L=J.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, that's excellent. I had seen the Robert and Ned ones, but not the others... And they don't know Lyanna is his mother.

It's trash show, a spectacle, but it's not even clear. They could at least be clear about something as big as R+L=J.

Well, someone here wrote about the Ned-theory they got from a shownly - and Robert is the most obvious candidate to most showcasuals.

My flatmate is always very brave: after every episode she reads the reaction posts on the "watchers on the wall" forum - people there occasionally think Rhaegar is the same person as Viserys (hence Viserys is the father of Jon), someone thought Varys is KellyC.'s father and the 2 (or 3) Kingsguards were raping Lyanna in the Tower of Joy - before Ned Patrick Harris arrived - and that's how she got pregnant in the end.

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:
  3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just thought of something upon an accidental rewatch of the Dany sailing to Westeros  clip. 

Not only is Dany on the ship with Varys, who once wanted her dead (whoops) but Tyrion is now aligned with the Bad Pussy Sand who killed his niece and Olenna Tyrell who was part of the family that rooted to have Tyrion put in the black cells when Olenna kinda framed Tyrion for regicide (or atleast let him take the heat of it). 

I wouldn't rule this kind of stuff out just yet.  Everything is condensing nicely now but we'll still have 50-60 min episodes.  We need filler drama.  It's popular speculation what kind of setbacks Dany's invincible army will have.  I think she'll still steamroll with minimal losses, but good internal drama within her camp will keep things interesting.

But do D&D have it in them to write it?  To be seen.....next time....next year.

Finally got to see it. And though I can't deny it was cinematic (and I got the odd chill from imagining how scenes might go down in the books)...none of this makes any sense. I'm sure all of this has been said already but:

Kings Landing was kind of gross. Like I've said before how displeased I am with the poor writing of homosexual characters in the show and this is like the culmination of that. Given that Loras dies minutes later, having us see his head being carved up was really just revelling in the torture of a gay man. In general the Kings Landing plot line seemed like they had no idea where to go so they just elected to blow everything up. Tommen walking out the window was comical. Why does Cersei get to be queen anyway? Isn't there a now hostile Tyrell army stationed at KL? 

Same with Jon. Why is he King rather than making Sansa Queen? 

How does Arya's story work? I mean did Jaqen just let her take one of the faces and do whatever she liked with it? Makes no sense.

Also seriously at this point the Frey Pies and the "Vengeance, Justice, Fire and Blood" references more feel galling than like cool references to the books.

45 minutes ago, protar said:

Why does Cersei get to be queen anyway? Isn't there a now hostile Tyrell army stationed at KL? 

Nobody knows....nobody seems to care...well, someone has to do the job and if the crown fits...

Larry (aka imposter-Jaime) Lannister tells the Small Council (well, Olenna and Kevan) the Tyrell army is the second largest in Westeros (still makes me wonder who holds the largest one, but who cares) - so I guess they might not be too pleased with their Lord's and his heirs violent deaths and might not stand idly by.

I guess in the next season or in one of their "D&D explain what's happening"- shows we will desultorily learn that Olenna took the Tyrell army along - whenever she left the city. It happened OFFSCREEN - of course.

Another thing that confuses me:

In S06E04 Tommen and his loving soccer mom have a weird conversation after he had to endure one of the legendary High Sparrow monologues. Tommen says to soccer mom:

"Mother, there is something I want to tell you...something the High Sparrow told me.  I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone.  If he found out...."

What was the big secret of the High Sparrow?  His father was a cobbler and he mislikes shoes? There still is a big stash of wildfire beneath the sept? Did it help Cersei in planning her big bang plot?  Or was it just the boring fact that he wants to have Margaery do the Walk of Atonement as well?

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Robb wanted to bypass Sansa, too, that was just Robb's Will via faux drama fanfic.

Well, but Sansa and Jon both know Bran might still be alive ....did they rule him out as Winterfell's heir because he will never be able to walk again or because they hope he will die beyond the Wall...?

5 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Well, but Sansa and Jon both know Bran might still be alive ....did they rule him out as Winterfell's heir because he will never be able to walk again or because they hope he will die beyond the Wall...?

Yeah, that makes no sense. I'm not defending the show, just saying, I don't think Sansa was meant to be queen, therefore she wasn't. They just take these broad plot points, and get there however.

Agreed, that they forgot they both know Bran is alive (or at least a good chance of that) is absurd. Also that no one mentioned Rickon.

Sandra manipulated Jon about Rickon, but supposedly Jon was so stoopid that he actually tried to save Rickon. So, Rickon is a big plot point here, true, they just used him shamelessly that way, but...

Seems super odd to never mention him. They should be mourning him. Breaking into tears. That sort of thing. Like normal people do when a loved one dies. Something.

Archived