[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Sandra manipulated Jon about Rickon, but supposedly Jon was so stoopid that he actually tried to save Rickon. So, Rickon is a big plot point here, true, they just used him shamelessly that way, but...

Seems super odd to never mention him. They should be mourning him. Breaking into tears. That sort of thing. Like normal people do when a loved one dies. Something.

But....Sandra is badass. Boss ass bitch and badass - those kind of women don't cry! Not even when they are (kind of) responsible for their little brothers being killed.

It's probably something from the "empowerment handbook" (published by a feminist killer collective from Dorne): 1. strong badass women don't cry, they kill!  2.your male relatives are weak? you have to kill them and show no remorse! 3.always smirk sardonically when the deed is done - or do the "muh oberynz"-expression!

58 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, that makes no sense. I'm not defending the show, just saying, I don't think Sansa was meant to be queen, therefore she wasn't. They just take these broad plot points, and get there however.

Agreed, that they forgot they both know Bran is alive (or at least a good chance of that) is absurd. Also that no one mentioned Rickon.

Sandra manipulated Jon about Rickon, but supposedly Jon was so stoopid that he actually tried to save Rickon. So, Rickon is a big plot point here, true, they just used him shamelessly that way, but...

Seems super odd to never mention him. They should be mourning him. Breaking into tears. That sort of thing. Like normal people do when a loved one dies. Something.

Awful.

Sandra:  OMG Bran and Rickon are alive!!!  Arya is alive!!!

Sandra: Where's my lip gloss at? I should be running this meeting!!  Silblings? Huh? What? 

Jon:  Bran is alive!!

Jon:  Wot? I need a hair tie.  I'm tired.  I want to go South.

Jon:  King in the North. Okay by me, dudes.  Bran? Wot? 

2 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

But....Sandra is badass. Boss ass bitch and badass - those kind of women don't cry! Not even when they are (kind of) responsible for their little brothers being killed.

It's probably something from the "empowerment handbook" (published by a feminist killer collective from Dorne): 1. strong badass women don't cry, they kill!  2.your male relatives are weak? you have to kill them and show no remorse! 3.always smirk sardonically when the deed is done - or do the "muh oberynz"-expression!

Monster handbook is more like it. Who wants to watch monsters? Who cares what happens to them? They should all get into their monster trucks and ride around smashing things.

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, that makes no sense. I'm not defending the show, just saying, I don't think Sansa was meant to be queen, therefore she wasn't. They just take these broad plot points, and get there however.

Agreed, that they forgot they both know Bran is alive (or at least a good chance of that) is absurd. Also that no one mentioned Rickon.

Agreed.  Since the showrunners changed that specifically so both Jon and Sansa know Bran & Rickon escaped WF, they should have acknowledged Bran in some way and acknowledge Rickon's death more than where he's to be interred.

It didn't have to be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth - show Sansa holding Rickon's clothes or a toy or something like that or maybe finding Bran's special saddle discarded in the corner of the stable; or Sansa & Jon wondering where Bran and Arya are and what could be done.  Just something to show these people have some feelings outside of the direct line plot, FFS.

18 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Interesting. So showcasuals don't know who Jon's father is (nobody knows Rhaegar so we've had lots of funny theories like Robert, Ned, Varys, Viserys, the Kingsguard who raped Lyanna in the Tower of Joy....) but some don't even understand who his mother is?

Shamefully bad writing!

Most of my shownly friends don't get anything either - they don't even get the names of the charaters they like - but they don't really care,they only watch it for all the badass, blood, gore, boobs and figthing.  And of course because it is Game of Thrones ....duh! It's epic and awesomeand shit - the biggest tv show there ever was and ever will be...apparently logic isn't so much their bag.

This is why HBO had to publish that graphic showing the relationships between everyone. You know the story line failed for the majority when the PR department has to issue a release explaining what should have been obvious in the show. The whole flashback part should have started with the Tournament at Harrenhal, which is when everything started. Instead we have millions of people who think Jon Snow is somehow either a) a child of a gang rape or c) a child of incest. 

9 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Agreed.  Since the showrunners changed that specifically so both Jon and Sansa know Bran & Rickon escaped WF, they should have acknowledged Bran in some way and acknowledge Rickon's death more than where he's to be interred.

It didn't have to be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth - show Sansa holding Rickon's clothes or a toy or something like that or maybe finding Bran's special saddle discarded in the corner of the stable; or Sansa & Jon wondering where Bran and Arya are and what could be done.  Just something to show these people have some feelings outside of the direct line plot, FFS.

Yeah, that was just terrible... A young boy dies, they don't even give him a single line to say, they are so clearly using him to drive some lame plot where his sister gave up on saving him, and uses him as a way to get her brother to help her get rape revenge, and his brother is condemned as making a big mistake for trying to save him. That's just nasty right there. But to then not even let anyone mourn him...

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, that was just terrible... A young boy dies, they don't even give him a single line to say, they are so clearly using him to drive some lame plot where his sister gave up on saving him, and uses him as a way to get her brother to help her get rape revenge, and his brother is condemned as making a big mistake for trying to save him. That's just nasty right there. But to then not even let anyone mourn him...

None of the plotlines or characters mesh and flow well together anymore. Its only about the scene you're seeing and thats it everything before and after is thrown away for muh shocks and emmy dialogue urghh

4 hours ago, Ruhail said:

None of the plotlines or characters mesh and flow well together anymore. Its only about the scene you're seeing and thats it everything before and after is thrown away for muh shocks and emmy dialogue urghh

I noticed several "muh shock moments" - but emmy dialogue? I couldn't remember A SINGLE Emmy worthy dialogue in this season (well, none in  season 5 either) - maybe one the High Sparrow monologues but I was not awake enough to listen to or enjoy those...

10 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I noticed several "muh shock moments" - but emmy dialogue? I couldn't remember A SINGLE Emmy worthy dialogue in this season (well, none in  season 5 either) - maybe one the High Sparrow monologues but I was not awake enough to listen to or enjoy those...

"I'm going to fuck the tits off her."

"I drink and I know things."

"Dorne will never be ruled by weak men again." 

etc.

;)

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:09 PM, Ruhail said:

"I drink and I know things."

;)

It makes me want to pull a Tommen when I see how many people think that is a great line. It's on t-shirts, coffee cups, etc. SMH!

My wife is unsullied and has no idea who Jon's parents are, and rolled her eyes and said, "is she really going to ride a fucking dragon now?" back when Deadpan hopped on in front of the Dothraki.

2 hours ago, Ninerings said:

It makes me want to pull a Tommen when I see how many people think that is a great line. It's on t-shirts, coffee cups, etc. SMH!

My wife is unsullied and has no idea who Jon's parents are, and rolled her eyes and said, "is she really going to ride a fucking dragon now?" back when Deadpan hopped on in front of the Dothraki.

Daenerys should just ride Varys to Westeros since hes waay faster than a dragon lol

What gets me is the ability of the showrunners to take scenes that ought to be moving and seemingly zap them of all their power. I feel that this is a theme I've seen constantly in this show. It was clear that many of the scenes in this last episode were supposed to really do something for me, and yet none of them did. The lead-up into Cersei's destruction of the sept, while it has been applauded by some fans, only came off as contrived and heavy-handed to me. The later scenes in the episode didn't even provoke that feeling in me. They provoked nothing.

On 06/07/2016 at 11:01 AM, The Bear said:

I think my favourite D&D improvement this season is how kinslaying is totally fine now.

'No man is as accursed as a kinslayer' - many, many characters in ASOIAF.

Kinslaying is badass!

"No man is as accursed as a Kin lover!"

On 7/4/2016 at 11:36 AM, Ruhail said:

Yep.  It's really just a series of unrelated vignettes and has been for several seasons.

On 7/6/2016 at 4:45 AM, Le Cygne said:

Unbelievable, they bungled R+L=J. Like, just show R+L, and then J. And, like, call him J. And his dad R. And just like that, everyone would know.

Also, (and I may not be remembering correctly at this point) didn't they choose to omit Dany's "there must be one more" vision?  That could have really helped foreshadow/set-up Jon's origin as well.  

Love the geralt comparisons, but only one problem Geralt is a top 'son of dolf' when it comes to the ladies and monsters, where as jon has only had ygritte.

episode wise, just all of it felt rushed to tidy up for next season.

Nah, they felt like they honestly didn't know what to do with the story. Last season too. I can't stand GRRM for taking so long for the next book, but at the same time, he has held out on D$D for details, and they are making a terrible attempt to fill that void. 

Archived