[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

Status of the Great Houses End of Season 6

Martells Dead

Baratheons Dead

Tyrells-Olenna, all others dead

Lannisters-Cersei Queen, Jaime lost puppy, Tyrion Hand of the queen (retch) (no coming generation-soon to be extinct?)

Tully-Edmure with Frey Wife and Child he never met

Arryn-Ser Robyn, no heri

Greyjoy-Ruled by Euron, Yara and THeon with Dany

Stark-Jon King of the North, True MALE heir to return imminently, KNOWN true heir Sansa put aside

37 minutes ago, Minsc said:

Why else would they bother killing Rickon?  Besides to get him out of the way to make it so Jon can become reluctantly the king as he cannot just try to take himself and do something possibly questionable.

Except that if am not mistaken Jon F**ing knows Bran was alive. He may believe he is dead, but they made no effort to seed this through during the show

Everything tasted like Frey in that episode, except for ToJ ll and the White Wolf, King in the North. 

How do you guys think Jon will abdicate the seat of the Starks when he finds out he's a Targaryen? Take the Black like Jeor Mormont did?

This show, jesus christ... hahaha

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Varys is in Dorne. HOW is he on the boat with Dany????

The only explanation is that the show-runners put that in there to EMPHATICALLY state that they are not dealing with continuity anymore.  It doesn't matter if something makes sense or not anymore; no: if the scene looks, seems, or feels "cooler" they just do it.

Literally NOTHING made sense in this episode:

-Its like Revenge of the Sith- Soooooooooooooo  much of that movie made no sense.  And in the end, Lucas had done such little planning that he does not know what to do with Padme.  But she has to die, right?  So... so he ... he basically says "Fuck it, she has to die before New Hope" so he kill sher by having her ... "Lose the Will To Live..."  

That's what this episode should have been called: Losing the Will to Live.  Nothing made sense, but they have to have to hvae to get things ready for the last season.  And you can only do that if everyone dies now... before Dany and the Dragons.  And Dorne and Highgarden have to team up because ... reasons... and VARYS CAN BE IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES AT ONCE!!!! 

Because the show has taken my will to live.  

-Dragonfire kept in a pretty-easy to find basement.  For 30 years.  Nobody found it. 

-Arya can apparently travel faster than the speed of light.  She went from Braavos to Westeroes, to the Riverlands, killed two GROWN Freys, baked them in a pie and then killed Walder Frey.  In the time it took Cersei to NOT CHANGE INTO ANOTHER OUTFIT! I mean, that scene felt like the show runners were just like: "Look, we don't know when we will EVER be back to RR so ... ah... let's just kill this guy, kay?"  And then the other one said "Brilliant!"  And in my mind they high fived each other over the pile of money they sleep on.  They then threw a bunch of random words on the floor, had a dor walk through it and then whatever landed "head's u" was what they used for dialog.  

-The deaths in this episode were all just convienece.  They can't write 100 more episodes so they just "Godfather III" it; that scene were the helicoper kills all the mafia people.  Yeah, that's all it was- rank convience.  The show-runners don't know what to do otherwise. 

-Can we all agree that since Martin left the show (because he assuredly does not like it) that the show-runners have no idea how to compensate?  Or write?  

-Who the fuck is alive at this point?  There are no leaders in Dorne, the Eerie, the Riverlands, Highgarden or Casterly Rock.  Seriously- there is nobody left to kill.  

-Jaime moves fast as well- Riverlands to KL... and the fire is still burning.  

-Fuck me, Varys being everywhere is just kind of funny. 

-Okay, that "KING IN THE NORTH" scene... literally made no sense.  The Eerie was arguing about their role in the battle, what they were doing etc and then... just people start getting up and declaring for the King in the North.  What ... what ... in the importal words of that old lady "That's not how this works; that's not how ANY OF THIS WORKS!"  

-Fucking dick move leaving Bran to scale the wall all by himself.  Assholes.  

-Okay, hey there were things I liked: Dany + Tyrion was excellent; ah... the Lyanna reveal... felt SUPER TACKED ON but I still like that it was there.  I also llike that the show is rushing to the end- they know they fucked up on time, they can't leave a lot laying around, so they are pushing people into their positions for the final.... rushed ... act.  And in a way that was good.

But in so many ways... its like taking a test in college.  You start out strong but then you look up and BOOM- you have 6 minutes todescribe American history from Reconstruction to today. And its like messages from the Front- desperately trying to describe the Great Dep[retion before they yell "Pens Down."

That's what this was- a mad rush without rhyme or reason, in a frantic push to ... to get it all over with.  

4 minutes ago, Minsc said:

While this wasn't pointed to me, but I have to agree for all the faults of the show it at least doesn't having the living blackhole of dullness that is Val.

Grrrrr. Thems fight in' words. I'll meet you in the back alley in five minutes. 

Just now, -Winterfellian- said:

Except that if am not mistaken Jon F**ing knows Bran was alive. He may believe he is dead, but they made no effort to seed this through during the show

He at best knows he disappeared up North beyond the wall with no idea where he is or his status.

1 minute ago, -Winterfellian- said:

THey haven't mentioned it since Sam told him, (D&D probably forgot).  Seeing how Jon went to such lengths to try and save Rickon, it seems more than a little odd that he would usurp Bran

5 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

The way that Boss Ass Bitch Sandra does behave now - it would have fit her newly empowered character way more had she killed Baelish.

Now I still believe she will continue to try to become Queen of Winterfell, of the North and of Westeros - and therefore she will steal Ghost from  Jon (in case he ever shows up again), send someone up north to make sure Bran is really dead (and not a competition to become the Stark heir) and after marrying Littlefinger, Adolf and Eva Baelish will try to gain  world domination together.:P

I'd actually prefer that to the Targaryan love fest the show will obviously become next season.

1 minute ago, Minsc said:

He at best knows he disappeared up North beyond the wall with no idea where he is or his status.

SO the guy who last week went on a suicidal charge to try and save Rickon will just give up on Bran??????

The episode had a bunch of good feels, fuck yeah and fist bump moments. But really, I’m not sure these writers care about cohesiveness and consistency anymore.

Plenty of things to dislike, or at least frown upon:

·         I think D&D misunderstood what “the fear went out her eyes” meant for Lyanna; we didn’t really need to hear that she is afraid of death. But “Promise me” was good, and gave me chills

·         Varys, the literal water dancer

·         Tommen’s death was stupid

·         Convenient for winter to finally return just after the battle

·         While I liked that Jon was named king, the whole scene, after we saw the discussion between Jon and Sansa, felt weird. A bit of a jump in motivations there. Sansa is so weird now.

·         Jon is now nicknamed the White Wolf – kewl, but where’s Ghost?

·         I could say that I hated that Lord Manderly was just a caricature, with no real role, but I just don’t care at this point.

·         Arya, straight to The Twins – I suppose with her skills she would be able to sneak into the castle, and kill people, but the whole cooking (another thing taken from Manderly) was too much.

·         Benjen dropping Bran and Meera off what looked like a mile at least from the Wall; have fun dragging Bran’s ass to the Wall – of course judging by everyone’s travelling patterns, they should just hop over there in no time

·         Dorne, by default – ok, so another iconic speech is given to other characters, but it kinda made sense in the context of the show; but seriously, Dorne needs to go away

·         Melisandre’s continued descent into mediocrity; why send her away? Lock her up at least, she may still prove useful.

·         Daenerys was angry with Tyrion at the start of ep. 9 and with good reason. But all is forgiven, he is the Hand now. I suppose when you don’t have too many choices.

·         Why did we have to see Loras’s ridiculous trial when it all went up in flames anyway?

I liked Sam’s part mainly because of how Oldtown and the Citadel’s library looked. I liked Lancel’s part as well as Pycelle’s death scene.

This.Show. I swear. How can I even start? 

For the 2nd time, Lena Headey actually played book!Cersei. She does a good job, but it comes out of nowhere. She's never been that murderous on the show. Is she going to do Dorne next? She did promise to burn their city to the ground. 

Do you guys think Qyburn paid those creepy murderous children with candy? 

During Loras' confession when he talked about now getting married or having children, I thought they would use this line  "When the sun has set, no candle can replace it" Silly me, it almost makes sense in that context. 

Now that Loras and Marg are dead, I wonder if Finn Jones and Natalie Dormer will have any interesting interviews. Both have been critical of the show. 

Walder Frey acting like The Lannisters send their regards is some kind of well known phrase? Like what? Roose only said that because Jamie asked him to. Freaking stupid. Silly Arya, she never learned to say M'Lord. tsk tsk. WHY THE HELL DID THEY JUST THROW IN FREY PIES?! THAT DOES NOT MAKE BOOK FANS HAPPY. ok I'm good. 

The citadel doesn't know about the Old Bear, but Olenna knows about Mace, Marg and Loras. ok. What's a timeline? 

The most shocking thing about this season is Obara got asked her name and didn't go through the whole spiel. 

VARYS GOT THE FIRE AND BLOOD LINE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!? 

Why didn't Jon and Sansa talk about Rickon? Their sibling was just murdered? Do neither of them care? 

I can't even get into how screwed Sansa was. She's next in line. That's absolutely no reason her bastard ~brother would become King of the North. The show just affirmed all of Cat's fears of him. 

4 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I really wish show defenders would explain it.  Cause the logic don't make sense to me

that's because there's no logic involved in it. 

All the characters are plot zombies.

"He has Rickon, we must attack now! we don't have time" 

(brain reprogramming)

"Rickon is as good as dead... we need more men, attacking now is bad!" 

9 minutes ago, Nami said:

One thing though, I thought the whole court was killed in Baelor's Sept...Bunch of people were in Cersei's coronation

Also, she killed a bunch of nobles, how comes there are still people supporting her and how does she plan to rule anything with basically every house in Westeros against her? 

Also excludingthe north99% of the population follow the faith of the seven, and she just blew up the High Septon in the Sept of Baelor!!! There should be riots in the streets right now.

11 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

How did Arya kill two grown men, then cut them into pieces, and bake them into a pie?  Where was the staff in the kitchen?  When did Arya learn to cook?

Oh why do I even bother?

She certainly didn't learn to cook from Lady Crane. The script was sure to tell us that last time we saw her. 

Archived