[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

1 hour ago, The Lord of Cinder said:

Found this video about the movie Troy, which, as I expect a lot of people here know, was written by David Benioff. Fun to watch since I haven't read the Iliad nor watched the movie in forever.

It's the part at 27:42 that made me smirk: "Character arcs and motivations are just being thrown out of the window to quickly wrap up the movie". Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I was actually amazed at how much of what he said in the review could be applied to the newer seasons of GoT. It's almost scary.

I watched TROY twice (I'm not proud of it, but it was for free ;o)) - and once was with a bunch of history/archaeology students (therefore a was told EVERYTHING about the actual history/myth of Troy/the Iliad) = we all had a good laugh and long discussions about the stupidity of the movie, the rubbish they made of this story etc.

Had I known at the beginning of Game of Thrones that one of its responsible writers/producers is actually the person behind the Troy-crap I might have never even started watching the show - I would have known where it is going...

4 hours ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

The saddest thing is.  

They killed Doran too take over and war with the Lannisters.

Yet spent what.. a year doing Jack shit and then stole Doran plot anyway?

Like come the fuck on.

I was not really amazed Varys rushed in like a cheap surprise birthday stripper from a cake:whip: after Fauxllaria rang her little bell - but I really thought I'd have to barf when he uttered the words "fire and blood". Why give those fools Doran's plan and speech?  Well... bits of it - the whole thing itself would be too complex for the "easy watching" audience...we are all  way too stupid to understand complex, well-wrought and elaborate plots, right?!?:dunce:

On 6/27/2016 at 9:54 AM, YOVMO said:

Truly excellent commenting here. Yes, the concept of a line of succession seems pretty odd. Every since "yo, fuck this, my watch is over....Edd...you are lord commander now" there has been no real sensible succession. The kingsmoot is never really explained and so EUron, as you say, has become the NaCl king by virtue of killing. Also, apparently, being Tommen Baratheon's Lannister Mother puts you in line for the iron throne.

One thing you didn't mention....how did Gregor become LC?

Yes, a pristine condition wooden stag in a pyre just a couple steps from winterfell where a girl was burned alive to relieve the snows so they could get to winterfell..despite, apparently, being about to just have walked there in like 5 minutes.

where did the other 6 KG come from?

On 6/27/2016 at 11:48 AM, Nerevanin said:

:D

Varys teleported the Tyrells' and Martells' ships to Daenerys though. But I suppose that exhausted him way too much to teleport them back to Westeros. ;)

i never took it that they were Tyrell and Martell ships, they were now ships in Dany's army, with her sigil, and her family's allies' sigils painted on them. we did have Tyrion saying something aout "the sail are almost ready" or some shit like that. so i thougt they were the Master's ships and Greyjoy ships refitted with new sails.

56 minutes ago, ser naes yennet said:

i never took it that they were Tyrell and Martell ships, they were now ships in Dany's army, with her sigil, and her family's allies' sigils painted on them. we did have Tyrion saying something aout "the sail are almost ready" or some shit like that. so i thougt they were the Master's ships and Greyjoy ships refitted with new sails.

But why the hell would you paint some of your ships with your allies' sigils? That doesn't make any sense.

12 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I was not really amazed Varys rushed in like a cheap surprise birthday stripper from a cake:whip: after Fauxllaria rang her little bell - but I really thought I'd have to barf when he uttered the words "fire and blood". Why give those fools Doran's plan and speech?  Well... bits of it - the whole thing itself would be too complex for the "easy watching" audience...we are all  way too stupid to understand complex, well-wrought and elaborate plots, right?!?:dunce:

Same here. It is not the same fire and blood speech. It doesn't carry the same wight. And why, oh why, include these plot points with hollow meaning just because you know book fans find them cool. Just like fry pies, this for me was included for the sake of being included. It wasnt cool producers, not that anyone asks me....

12 hours ago, PirateVergo said:

They killed Doran to fit their feminist agenda and have Women rule every single faction left in the Game of Thrones with the exception of Jon who was still made to look like a moron compared to Sansa.

Yes. It's not like they had a Princess Martell of Dorne, who was a girl and the first in the line of succesion to carry that plot<_< Who could have replaced Dorran as a person to gather allies and treat with Dany/Olena or whomever. I don't want to perpetually defend book plot, like all it has its strenghts and flaws, but this travesty of a show plot defies logic. They sold us this tv show not as a fantasy, god knows they trimmed as much as possible fantasy plots, but as a actual game of thrones with politicking and scheeming and whatnot. In previous seasons i could actually se character be people and not know what to expect. 

And I am all for girl power. I am a girl. I am just saying it could have been done better. And Ellaria is not feminist. I don't care what newspaper says.

20 hours ago, rayarts said:

Maybe I am most frustrated about so many people JUST ENJOYING THIS CRAP and giving those who see the mistakes a hard time. Good for you, if you do not need logical writing and stuff actually happening onscreen (I drop my favourite Game Offscreen Thrones once again), but pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase leave us, who actually look for some logic in all this mess, be. 

And guys, have you seen the reaction videos on youtube? E.g. at Burlington Bar? I was sickened  people cheering when hundreds go up in the explosion (most innocent), because what? Didn't Carol bring the Faith Militant onto herself??? And they ffs cheered, when Tommen jumped? WHUT??? Because a naive, poor boy jumping from a window after his whole world is destroyed is so freaking entertaining??? Or because you hate the Lannisters? Wait, didn't you just cheer FOR Cersei? And then when the Septa was tortured, they cheered again!! WTF?! This was a sickening scene (costing us precious screnetime, no less) - again, remember, how Cersei brought that upon herself??? And now what??? In the reactions of folks I can actually see, how humans can be so stupid as to follow ridiculous and evil leaders in real life... THEY TOTALLY LOST THEIR MARBLES. 

I've only seen a few of these reactions vids, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of GoT's popularity is based on this type of bandwagon stuff (like the ice bucket challenge became more about the YT vids than raising money for the charity). 

5 hours ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

I have too much disappointment to form coherent sentences 

Possibly the most perfect reaction. :)

19 minutes ago, Special Snowflake said:

Same here. It is not the same fire and blood speech. It doesn't carry the same wight. And why, oh why, include these plot points with hollow meaning just because you know book fans find them cool. Just like fry pies, this for me was included for the sake of being included. It wasnt cool producers, not that anyone asks me....

Yes. It's not like they had a Princess Martell of Dorne, who was a girl and the first in the line of succesion to carry that plot<_< Who could have replaced Dorran as a person to gather allies and treat with Dany/Olena or whomever. I don't want to perpetually defend book plot, like all it has its strenghts and flaws, but this travesty of a show plot defies logic. They sold us this tv show not as a fantasy, god knows they trimmed as much as possible fantasy plots, but as a actual game of thrones with politicking and scheeming and whatnot. In previous seasons i could actually se character be people and not know what to expect. 

And I am all for girl power. I am a girl. I am just saying it could have been done better. And Ellaria is not feminist. I don't care what newspaper says.

.:agree:

I dont post here very often, i'm more of a lurker. But this season, my god...They say wine turns better with age but in this case it turned to vinegar. What a travesty. Compelled me to sign in and post.

-Walder Frey learns the hazards of outsourcing basic services - the hard way!

-Arya went full psychopath baking those pies. At least she got a face for free from the faceless men (or man more like it) who seem to care nothing about protecting the secrets of their trade or about a student going rogue.

-Olenna becomes so heartbroken losing her family she decides to join up with team bad pussy. 

-D&D realized they made a clusterfuck of KL so they just decided to blow up the sept with everyone inside, easier that way i suppose.

- Daenerys. Oh god where do I even start. Massive dickmove dumping Dario. Just because Tyrions lovelife sucks right now (oh Penny where art thou?) doesn't mean everyone else's should. Yes you could argue the nobles of Westeros would mind her bringing a lover along, but you know what? Aegon established the tradition of royal incest and none dared to voice their discontent or he would BURN THEIR CASTLES DOWN. WITH HIS DRAGONS. Might gave him the right, but this incarnation of Danaerys is nothing like her ancestors. And it is for this reason I'm starting to hope she'll fail. She's had so much served to her without forcing any character developement whatsoever. Now she has her army primarily made up of a bunch of barbarians who likes to rape and murder. What could possibly go wrong? Unless Danaerys is a hivemind there's no way she'll be able to keep all of them in check, and the people of Westeros will despise her all the more for it. She's no liberator in any sense. Why not just, I don't know, ask Dorne for help? They're known to have sympathized with the Targaryens in the past and their army is one of the few untouched by the wars. Combined with the Tyrells that probably would've sufficed. But no, of course not.

Summing it all up this season has been the last straw for me. Having watched several motion-picture adaptations of books I've realized there is no such thing as a 100% accurate adaptation. In my opinion, LOTR came pretty close though. Harry Potter skipped a lot of stuff but remained fairly faithful to the source material. I do realize the situation with GoT is different, but that doesn't make it any better. One of the more prominent gimmicks about this show is the shock value it offers. The directors must be aware of this and have in response tried up the ante every single episode. Topped with lame sex jokes of course.

"Oh, you thought THAT was shocking? JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS!"

While I probably won't be able to avoid occasional pop ups in social media by friends or otherwise, I am personally done with the show now. I once vowed I'd go through with it but now I just can't. Over and out.

They try to make ladies look strong as some kind of fanservice but the ladies end up looking bossy, vengeful, illogical and the lack of depth in their characterization is horrifying. That is not feminism. That is stereotyping in a wrong way. 

And don't even bother to look at the men, they're all made so horrible and stupid.

I have a criticism. Some admin of this forum is awful, really, really, a lot more awful than D&D. I don't know which but I hate him. I'm trying to open a (very interesting I believe) new thread all day long, it's always pending activation at first and then being deleted after a short while. It's simply gone then with everything I typed, without any comment, any PM or whatever. Would like tell that guy what I think of him in real life, so hopefully he or she reads this and has the balls to accept my offer.

This criticism isn't unique to this episode, and if it's already been mentioned, my apologies.

The showrunners really shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of the other Tyrell brothers and making Loras the heir to Highgarden.  We're supposed to see his punishment in this episode as the end of House Tyrell (no longer having a male heir to further the family name).  Similarly, we were supposed to see Tywin's threat of placing Loras on the Kingsguard a few seasons ago as the same.  But Loras had already pledged to take no wife and father no children when he joined Renly's Kingsguard.  So House Tyrell really should have come to terms with the idea quite some time ago.  All of the dramatic weight of those moments is false.

51 minutes ago, I love Cersei said:

I have a criticism. Some admin of this forum is awful, really, really, a lot more awful than D&D. I don't know which but I hate him. I'm trying to open a (very interesting I believe) new thread all day long, it's always pending activation at first and then being deleted after a short while. It's simply gone then with everything I typed, without any comment, any PM or whatever. Would like tell that guy what I think of him in real life, so hopefully he or she reads this and has the balls to accept my offer.

I tried to post two threads (neutral, not rant) and they pended, too, then got deleted - I reall don't know why. Anyone? How can I contact someone here??? Just a random admin? - Anyways, so it wasn't maybe specifically about your rant issue, just the same "problem" (which I don't know) as mine

On 30.06.2016 at 3:05 PM, rayarts said:

Maybe I am most frustrated about so many people JUST ENJOYING THIS CRAP and giving those who see the mistakes a hard time. Good for you, if you do not need logical writing and stuff actually happening onscreen (I drop my favourite Game Offscreen Thrones once again), but pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase leave us, who actually look for some logic in all this mess, be. 

And guys, have you seen the reaction videos on youtube? E.g. at Burlington Bar? I was sickened  people cheering when hundreds go up in the explosion (most innocent), because what? Didn't Carol bring the Faith Militant onto herself??? And they ffs cheered, when Tommen jumped? WHUT??? Because a naive, poor boy jumping from a window after his whole world is destroyed is so freaking entertaining??? Or because you hate the Lannisters? Wait, didn't you just cheer FOR Cersei? And then when the Septa was tortured, they cheered again!! WTF?! This was a sickening scene (costing us precious screnetime, no less) - again, remember, how Cersei brought that upon herself??? And now what??? In the reactions of folks I can actually see, how humans can be so stupid as to follow ridiculous and evil leaders in real life... THEY TOTALLY LOST THEIR MARBLES. 

Heh. I guess this is the reason why Hitler was so popular in Germany.

We are slaughtering Jews and Slavs! This is so funny! Comedy goldTM

49 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Heh. I guess this is the reason why Hitler was so popular in Germany.

We are slaughtering Jews and Slavs! This is so funny! Comedy goldTM

"funny" isn't the word (and please, don't bring the Holocaust into this, btw. my family is Polish). Entertaining is the word. You know, like good ol' Rome with gladiators and lions&Christians. GoT hits that level by now. 

It's a spectacle, but it's not spectacular anymore.

10 minutes ago, rayarts said:

"funny" isn't the word (and please, don't bring the Holocaust into this, btw. my family is Polish). Entertaining is the word. You know, like good ol' Rome with gladiators and lions&Christians. GoT hits that level by now. 

It's a spectacle, but it's not spectacular anymore.

I am from Poland too, but it's not very important in this topic.

Game of Thrones have became blockbuster like transformers, but people don't want to admit that currently, this show is only entertainment for eyes and torture for brain. Special effects are good (when they use it), but writing is pure atrocity. I consider it horrific that normies think that arya's revenge on walder or sansa killing ramsay was badass and cool. It shows that in fact, they lack empathy and think that you all have right to torture and murder someone as long as he have killed someone you loved.

Dumb, Dumber and Cogman maybe don't smell their farts and call them awesome, but certainly they have people for this job.

Archived