[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, ArabellaVidal said:

What are direwolves?

They are these awesome pets of the Stark children who get neglected and killed off for reasons. 

Personally i believe that the killing of four of the Direwolves transferred power to Dany allowing her with each death to control her dragons. The death of Summer allowed her to not only control Drogon but the other two as well. 

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

This is also good, from the outside the episode, Benioff: "I think you've got to start wondering, what the hell is this plot."

What the fuck? This is the new "Creatively, it made sense...", ladies and gentlemen!

I binge watched both 9th and 10th episodes. Rant later.

4 hours ago, Kaiden019 said:

One of the biggest things I have issue with on that check list is Jon's heritage. I don't mind Jon as a Targeryan, but it was done in such a poor manner. Flashbacks? Really? It's such a lazy way to reveal a major plot point. What about Howland Reed? He was there. Why not introduce him and try to write a meaningful conversation between him and Jon. Well that would require actual effort wouldn't it (and paying another actor).

Exactly - especially as all these Northerners are suddenly in Winterfell.

3 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

Frey Pies in the books = subtly implied. 

Frey Pies in the show = directly stated, close up shot of Frey body pieces in pie. 

This.  Frey Pies/Rat Cook because breaking guest right is an abomination - it's one of GRRM's hidden gems for those paying attention.  In the show, it's just in-your-face nonsense for Arya who can now take down a couple of grown men and chop them up (does she have the build to work in an abbatoir?) to bake them in a pie and has a range of faces from the Hall.  Monumental stupidity.

Also I LOL'd at the tiny little candles melting into the Wildfire. What even was that plot? The Maesters don't know Jeor Mormont died because Maester Aemon got sick before the election, never mind him sending the ravens off long before that? Tower of Joy was so dully handled. This show is made with zero effort and imagination, seriously. 

And the entire North basically listens to a 10-year-old child?

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

So what's the cliffhanger to get people to watch S7? 

Who is Jon's father? 

What was Lyanna whispering to Ned?

Where did Arya learn to cook Frey pies undetected? 

When will Yara and Dany bang?

I am actually starting to consider that Ned is Jons father . Would be a real shocker if we learn that honourable Ned Stark comitted incest . Would also be a nice paralell to Dany. 

Dany is born of incest between two Targ siblings , thus she is pure fire.

Jon born of incest between two Stark siblings , thus pure ice. 

And there's another thing:

Jon says he's had the Lord's bedroom made up for her and she's, kthnx.  I expected her to be: No, thanks, raped there a bunch - never want to see that room again.  Apparently that's forgotten now, too. :bang:

I don't know where to start. I guess my biggest complain for this season as a whole, not just the last episode, was that it rings hollow. At least for me. It's like they have check points to fill in, and they do that. Because things need to happen and they do what "creatively makes sense". I don't know is it just me or the previous seasons had more human moments, where I could actually care for what happens to characters. Not just, this needs to happen, common sense be damn.

One of the things that bothered me with this episode was Fire and Blood speech. C'mon show:bang:. I have already expressed my dislike for whole Dorne storyline. I just can't make any logic in it. However flawed may it be in the books I can at least understand characters motivations to make some sense of it.

Arya : what is the sense of Frey pies if the audience doesn't know the rat cook's story. I don't remember that they explained it in show. And why make it more horrible? There has been enough horror already. 

Sansa. Sansa, Sansa, Sansa.... Sandra? I don't know what to think of that girl anymore. Is she good. Is she bad. Do I like her. I don't? I needed five seasons and a book to warm up to her character only to absolutely not make sense in this season. Is she playing Jon or Littlefinger. What is up with all the Starks. I just can't. I don't have the strenght for her right now. An to only think how previews was misleading. I would think that they didn't put everything from the episode. And they did. nothing was resolved in regards to her motivations. Maybe they wanted to let us wonder for next season. Tis year we don't have the "is Jon Snow alive mystery"....

Also, did they cut so many direwolves just so we could see pointless scene at the end where dragons just fly? Don't get me wrong I like dragons as much as the next person. last episode with Dany was amazing. I def cheered for her. But what kind of angers me is that we get these pointless scenes at he expense of the scenes that could have had some meaning. Just as much Dany's dragons define her in a way. She is the mother of dragons after all, direwolves are there for Stark kids as well. White wolf anyone?

I could complain much more, the list is too long and I don't have that much time.... I shall continue some other time and try to find something positive and good about last episode/season. Otherwise if I just complain, what's the point of watching?

1 hour ago, Sir Drew said:

Also, considering Cersei just blew up the sept, killing hundreds of people, and murdered Pycelle and the Septa as well, how on earth has their not been massive chaos in King's Landing? 

She does have soldiers, and anyone who could lead the people against her was incinerated in the Great Sept.  I imagine the people are in a state of shock.

I have to say that Cersei's scenes in this episode worked for me.

1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

And there's another thing:

Jon says he's had the Lord's bedroom made up for her and she's, kthnx.  I expected her to be: No, thanks, raped there a bunch - never want to see that room again.  Apparently that's forgotten now, too. :bang:

I was thinking the exact same thing!

6 minutes ago, Chebyshov said:

It strikes me that what's most interest about the Larry-look-of-disgust at the end was that Sheryl basically did everything he had been talking about all season. 

Yes, he made his bed and he must lie on it.  I don't think he, Cersei, Qyburn, and anyone else they can cobble together (eg Euron) have much choice but to hang together now.

12 minutes ago, Chebyshov said:

It strikes me that what's most interest about the Larry-look-of-disgust at the end was that Sheryl basically did everything he had been talking about all season. 

^this too. What Larry? Haven't you been telling her it would be just you and her and fuck the rest, kill 'em all. Euhm, she did.

1 hour ago, Chebyshov said:

Larry is not the sharpest tool in the drawer, to put it mildly.

Anyway, why did Arya even bothered with the fake face? Who was supposed to recognize her in Riverrun? Jaime? He hasn't seen her in 5 years when she was still a kid. And where did she find that supermodel face anyway?

I gotta admit, I actually spit my drink out, I lol'd so hard at Tommen's death.  It could have been so much more sympathetic had we seen his face or seen some emotion as he committed the act of suicide.  But instead, we look at a window, and then he just casually walks up to it and falls, and it's all I and my wife can do not to laugh our asses off.  It couldn't have looked more hilarious if he took a running start and cannonball'd or back-flipped out the window.

It's like he just got done watching the last 3 seasons of Game of Thrones all in a row and is just like "Welp-- fuck this.  I'm out." Say what you will of him, but he might actually have made the most intelligent decision of anyone on this show.  If I were him, I'd want off this ride too.

Haven't caught up on this yet, but..

The "King in the North" scene should have been awesome...should have. I thought they were going to retcon the GNC in there at the last minute or something, but instead we have Manderly and Glover getting browbeaten for being assholes who betrayed the Starks and/or ignored their pleas for help. "The North didn't remember shit, but let's pretend that it does."

"I don't care that he's a bastard" -- mmkay? I guess this is how we know that Robb's will actually becomes a thing in the books.

Good to see Arya continuing history's most incredible recovery from multiple gut-stabbings, and apparently in possession of Littlefinger's teleporter. It's getting really easy to kill great lords in Westeros, isn't it? Walder Frey must have hired the same security as Doran Martell and Roose Bolton.

Oh, Sam finally made it to Oldtown! I thought that place was just a myth at this point. Something really intriguing has got to happen here, right? Alleras? Marwyn? Pate, like the pig boy? ....nope, some banter with an annoying receptionist, like he's checking into the motel and they couldn't find his reservation.

R+L=J couldn't have fallen more flat.

Will probably think of more later.

For the love of all that is good, George, hurry up with that next book.

So... Even though my watch ended after episode 5 I decided to watch this, but I fell asleep and never got past the KL stuff. That was what, almost 20 mins of bs? What was that music? 

What happened with Bran & co? Also, how did Williams and Turner's 2 truths and a lie play out? Did Shae appear? 

I spit my drink out at the end when I saw Varys on Dany's ship. He sails to Dorne and back again before Dany sets sail. Even Batfinger would be jealous of that teleporting.

And The King in the North scene just fell so flat. I remember it from the first season with Great Jon starting it, and it worked so well. Now with this season, we get this mess of a scene where the writers piss all over Manderly and Glover and Cerwyn.

Honestly, if they try to pass off Dany having any issues taking Westeros, it will be a complete joke. Dany now has the Tyrells and the Martells on top of the hundred thousand warriors she already has. The north has about 20 soldiers left and the Lannisters and Freys would be the only opposition. (Unless you count Chubby and his fleet of double wide trailers).

Archived