[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

3 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

Sansa saves Jon Snow, FFS he was only there because she begged him to go save Rickon to begin with, how many people did Sansa die needlessly for her cause because of the information she withheld? Ms Turner it seems has no idea of what is really going on but how could she with the direction that D$D are giving her? Anyway, regardless of the hopelessness of his cause at least Jon tried to save Rickon, Sandra had him left for dead, and did not even acknowledge his dead body, that's her baby brother FFS!!!!

Yes...and she is the only Stark that is so stupid that so far has gotten 2 other Starks killed, Ned and Rickon and on her way to kill a third Stark (Jon Snow), if her interview is to be believed. This is just great writing in D&Ds world.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Agreed, sorry, didn't realize you posted that article already... I had the same reaction above. Sandra has learned nothing.

Not only hasn't she learnt anything...she seems to have unlearnt all her family values. lol

15 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

kiling slavers is different than killing innocent civilians in KL who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time I think.

It's not the killing of the slavers that would be problematic, more taking out hundreds, perhaps thousands, of innocent Meereenese in the process.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think that Daenerys - as portrayed in the books - would do such a thing.  Daenerys in the Show, on the other hand, by the end of this series has become cold, amoral, and self-centered.  She lacks Cersei's malicious cruelty, but I could see her pulling off a similar coup.

Conversations Cheryl must have had prior to the finale:

On tailoring.

Tailor: Your grace, I have prepared some dress designs for the, erm, trial. They emphasise your humility while also projecting a quiet strength. Would you care to...
Cheryl: These won't do at all. I require an outfit that projects villainy. I'm thinking a combination of militaristic with dominatrix, it should look remarkably uncomfortable and impractical.
Tailor: (gulps) I see...
Cheryl: Oh and that assistant girl you had, the one who took my measurements last time. Tell her  I've forgiven her, and that I'd like her to attend my trial.
Tailor: (studiously avoiding making eye-contact with Cheryl's sloshing glass of wine) Very well your grace.

On timed detonations.

Qyburn: Your grace, we must exercise extreme caution with the casks of wildfire, the slightest mistake could result in a premature detonation.
Cheryl: Tsk. Men that's always what you think about isn't it?
Qyburn: I'm sorry your grace? I'm concerned about how we safely detonate the wildfire.
Cheryl: Isn't it obvious? (picks up a lit candle) Just use one of these as a timer.
Qyburn: You want me to place an open flame in a puddle of wildfire?
Cheryl: Oh, oh, oh, and have one of the children lure Lancel down there just in time to see it happen!
Qyburn: How are we...? What if he puts out the candle?
Cheryl: Seven save me! Have one of the children stab him in the leg.
Qyburn: May I remind your grace that Lancel was a trained knight before his conversion? He's also usually attended with a small band of Faith Militant thugs too, I'm not sure how we can lure him off on his own. Wouldn't it be easier if...
Cheryl: Bored now.

On protecting Tommen.

Qyburn: Your grace, the King is a sweet boy, I fear this plan may cause him considerable upset.
Cheryl: Over that skank? He's (mumbles inaudibly) years old, he'll get over it. I'll find him another.
Qyburn: Yes, well... Might we at least move him to the opposite side of the Red Keep? His rather large window directly faces the Sept of Baelor. There might even be a small risk of shrapnel.
Carol: Qyburn my children are all that matters to me.
Cheryl: There's no way he's missing mommy's firework show!

On Pycelle:

Qyburn: The next item on your plan is to “Stabby, stabby, stinky old maester!” I'm not sure exactly who you're referring to here?
Cheryl: Pycelle.
Qyburn: He'll be attending the trial anyway, your grace. Also, the man is a Lannister loyalist, and I've received no reports to suggest otherwise...
Cheryl: He farted in my presence.
Qyburn: That was unfortunate, but he is rather old and Gregor is rather impressively frightening (smiles over at his handiwork).
Cheryl: He farted, he dies.
Qyburn: As you wish your grace, but why not just let him go to the trial like the others?
Cheryl: Qyburn, if there's one thing everyone can agree on it's that I love children. They should be a part of this. Having a small pack of children stab the stinky old man to death symbolises me standing up to the patriarchy, it's very empowering.
Qyburn: I... see your grace. I better go stock up on candy.

51 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

On tailoring.

Tailor: Your grace, I have prepared some dress designs for the, erm, trial. They emphasise your humility while also projecting a quiet strength. Would you care to...
Cheryl: These won't do at all. I require an outfit that projects villainy. I'm thinking a combination of militaristic with dominatrix, it should look remarkably uncomfortable and impractical.
Cheryl: Oh and that assistant girl you had, the one who took my measurements last time. Tell her  I've forgiven her, and that I'd like her to attend my trial.
Tailor: (studiously avoiding making eye-contact with Cheryl's sloshing glass of wine) Very well your grace.

On timed detonations.

Qyburn: Your grace, we must exercise extreme caution with the casks of wildfire, the slightest mistake could result in a premature detonation.
Qyburn: I'm sorry your grace? I'm concerned about how we safely detonate the wildfire.
Cheryl: Isn't it obvious? (picks up a lit candle) Just use one of these as a timer.
Cheryl: Oh, oh, oh, and have one of the children lure Lancel down there just in time to see it happen!
Qyburn: May I remind your grace that Lancel was a trained knight before his conversion? He's also usually attended with a small band of Faith Militant thugs too, I'm not sure how we can lure him off on his own. Wouldn't it be easier if...

On protecting Tommen.

Qyburn: Your grace, the King is a sweet boy, I fear this plan may cause him considerable upset.
Cheryl: Over that skank? He's (mumbles inaudibly) years old, he'll get over it. I'll find him another.
Qyburn: Yes, well... Might we at least move him to the opposite side of the Red Keep? His rather large window directly faces the Sept of Baelor. There might even be a small risk of shrapnel.

On Pycelle:

Qyburn: The next item on your plan is to “Stabby, stabby, stinky old maester!” I'm not sure exactly who you're referring to here?
Qyburn: He'll be attending the trial anyway, your grace. Also, the man is a Lannister loyalist, and I've received no reports to suggest otherwise...
Qyburn: That was unfortunate, but he is rather old and Gregor is rather impressively frightening (smiles over at his handiwork).
Qyburn: As you wish your grace, but why not just let him go to the trial like the others?
Cheryl: Qyburn, if there's one thing everyone can agree on it's that I love children. They should be a part of this. Having a small pack of children stab the stinky old man to death symbolises me standing up to the patriarchy, it's very empowering.

This was so funny. LMAO

1 hour ago, Aryya Stark said:

This was so funny. LMAO

YES!

What happened to the "Criticize" episode thread?!

Any ideas who Dany will try to wed next year? I mean, she wants to marry for politics but doesn't want Euron even though she never met him. House Tyrell is dead. House Martell - no male heirs, just a few pussy usurpers and about 20 citizens. Lannisters - just Larry. Oh, I'm sure she secretly adores St. Tyrion, but she won't marry him... I hope. LF... I don't think so. My, my, you'd almost think she'd end up with Jon! Actually, on the show it should be hilarious: fire and ice, mania and depression!

They could make it work as a couple if they respected each other's boundaries and hobbies. You know, in her case: making long speeches, burning stuff, loving her three pets. In his case: Moping around. Power couple!

That... or Sweetrobin.

I'm watching ep 9 and will rant at length once I'm done watching, but what a stupid dumb as fuck scene where Rickon dies. Sooooo much worse than I expected. So the kid is dying there and Emo ManBun doesn't dismount and just sits there looking like a jackass? What a joke. 

26 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

YES!

Any ideas who Dany will try to wed next year? I mean, she wants to marry for politics but doesn't want Euron even though she never met him. House Tyrell is dead. House Martell - no male heirs, just a few pussy usurpers and about 20 citizens. Lannisters - just Larry. Oh, I'm sure she secretly adores St. Tyrion, but she won't marry him... I hope. LF... I don't think so. My, my, you'd almost think she'd end up with Jon! Actually, on the show it should be hilarious: fire and ice, mania and depression!

They could make it work as a couple if they respected each other's boundaries and hobbies. You know, in her case: making long speeches, burning stuff, loving her three pets. In his case: Moping around. Power couple!

That... or Sweetrobin.

Yet another problem with cutting so many characters - there's really only Jon and Larry.  Personally, I'm hoping for Tormund to make a push, although I could also live with Sweetrobin I guess.  Just keep her away from Pod the Rod!

42 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

YES!

That... or Sweetrobin.

She better keep her claws off of dear Sweetrobin!

LOL this battle is utterly ridiculous! LOL and LOL and LOL the Battle of the Bastards is a sad pathetic joke. Shame a meteorite didn't fall on the battlefield and killed everyone. 

3 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

On tailoring.

On timed detonations.

On protecting Tommen.

On Pycelle:

Excellent! Thats Weisserhoff for you, all that matters is that things happen!  How it happened or Why it happened is completely irrelevant and unimportant, if the plot demands it, it HAPPENS!

1 hour ago, SerMixalot said:

She better keep her claws off of dear Sweetrobin!

Oh, lord. Sweetrobin and Dany wouldn't last a day together. At least the feisty Sweetrobin from the books. Not sure about the chump in the show who adores the psycho who killed both his parents. (Yeah, I know he doesn't know, but he's as dumb as Sandra on the show, no good instincts... although no one could be as dumb as Sandra, she just keeps letting LF mess with her.)

49 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Why did RamSue put an arrow n Wun Wun's eye when Jon is literally right next to him? :lol:

It's all way too stupid. 

I watched that part with my *son yesterday and he immediately asked the same thing. He's 13 and he knew how dumb it was right away. 

Also, without me saying a word, he started telling Rickon to zig zag when he ran to Jon. I laughed so hard right then. He's only 13 and was picking out errors right away and even cringed when the premise was the opposite of the books. 

(*Never claimed to be mom of the year) 

8 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I watched that part with my *son yesterday and he immediately asked the same thing. He's 13 and he knew how dumb it was right away. 

Also, without me saying a word, he started telling Rickon to zig zag when he ran to Jon. I laughed so hard right then. He's only 13 and was picking out errors right away and even cringed when the premise was the opposite of the books. 

(*Never claimed to be mom of the year) 

That reminded me of the classic evil overlord list, specifically rule 12. http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

I feel the show writers would really benefit from such an adviser.

4 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

That reminded me of the classic evil overlord list, specifically rule 12. http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

I feel the show writers would really benefit from such an adviser.

Ahahaa. That is perfect. Thank you! 

Does that make me an evil overlord in some way? I hope so :devil:

Archived