[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

27 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

You don't know how correct you are... or do you?:ph34r:

Aahhh, Cogman:

"Well, it’s varied from season to season as we figured out how this thing works. But it’s basically run the same way the past few years. As we’re shooting one season we’re trading emails and/or chatting on set about the broad strokes of the next season: "Character X" starts at "blank" and we want him or her to end up at "blank."

>>>Notice there is no talk about character driven choices that would naturally move the plot forward. Nope, just get X to X location.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-6/bryan-cogman-gives-full-rundown-how-they-write-each-season-game-thrones

The results speak for themselves! :ack:

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Actually, I don't mind it if she get killed like Stannis fighting usurpers, her death will be as honorable as king Stannis the Mannis

At the moment I don't see how LF could fail if he did have Sansa on board. Jon is oblivious and can't read a situation beyond the absolute obvious. Seems like he has changed not a single bit since his last major betrayal *FourtheWatch*. With the WW and the crazy going on in KL and then add Dany's arrival - Jon's head will be spinning. He is a sitting duck. With Mel gone she isn't around to warn him of threats. 

What is going to stop LF&Sansa? 

Just now, DutchArya said:

At the moment I don't see how LF could fail if he did have Sansa on board. Jon is oblivious and can't read a situation beyond the absolute obvious. Seems like he has changed not a single bit since his last major betrayal *FourtheWatch*. With the WW and the crazy going on in KL and then add Dany's arrival - Jon's head will be spinning. He is a sitting duck. With Mel gone she isn't around to warn him of threats. 

What is going to stop LF&Sansa? 

Maybe Sansa will succeed where The King Stannis failed in his war against usurpers, who knows?

4 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

The results speak for themselves! :ack:

Oh, yeah! Especially when Cogman says this:

"Cogman also pointed out that the writer’s room is relatively small for such a big production. He claims they’ve never had more than four writers in there at any one time. Originally, it was him, David Benioff and Dan Weiss. Then, Vanessa Taylor joined them for Seasons 2 and 3, and season four saw the addition of a young writer named Dave Hill. But in the end, the show’s voice is actually D&D’s. Benioff and Weiss write most of the episodes for each season — in fact, they penned seven out of ten scripts just last year."

33 minutes ago, DutchArya said:
So this seems to be going in one direction next season.

A mess:

‘There is definitely room for those two to build on this relationship that they have and I think their trust with each other is going to get stronger and stronger. He (LF) betrayed her once I don’t think he’ll do it again after the scolding that she gave him.So we shall see, but I think they’d be a good little duo, a dangerous duo but a good duo’" - Sophie Turner 

I tell ya. Some of the stuff that comes out of Ms. Turner's mouth is just mind boggling. Yeah, LF wouldn't betray Sandra, because why again? Oh my god, because Sandra gave him a scolding! I mean once Sansa hands out an ass chewing, you know to go forth and fuck up no more! As somebody that has been on the receiving end of a good ol' ass chewing, I am just glad it wasn't Sandra. Ass chewer extraordinaire.

And then she says in one interview that Sansa doesn't trust LF, but now she is saying LF wouldn't screw her over because why? Because Sandra handed out an ass chewing.

And she thinks LF would be a good partner? Why again? They guy that betrayed Sansa's father? And who is responsible for much of the suffering the Starks.

What planet does she live on?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

41 minutes ago, Dolphy's Lunch said:

"Scolding" lolololol

All Littlefinger needed was a good scolding! That'll put him in line. If only Ned Stark had thought of that.

I know, right? FFS, just send him off to bed without his dessert next time! :lol:

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I tell ya. Some of the stuff that comes out of Ms. Turner's mouth is just mind boggling. Yeah, LF wouldn't betray Sandra, because why again? Oh my god, because Sandra gave him a scolding! I mean once Sansa hands out an ass chewing, you know to go forth and fuck up no more! As somebody that has been on the receiving end of a good ol' ass chewing, I am just glad it wasn't Sandra. Ass chewer extraordinaire.

And then she says in one interview that Sansa doesn't trust LF, but now she is saying LF wouldn't screw her over because why? Because Sandra handed out an ass chewing.

And she thinks LF would be a good partner? Why again? They guy that betrayed Sansa's father? And who is responsible for much of the suffering the Starks.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

I was hoping you'd comment! :lol:

I was making a list of all the horrible things he did to her, but it got too long. But she's the third one we know that he pimped out to be raped and tortured (the Lysene girl, Ros, and Sandra). He put a price on her head, Cersei wants her dead on the spot. And he said he'd do it, after betraying Sandra for like the zillionth time...

These are like love pats to Sandra... she wants more!

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I know, right? FFS, just send him off to bed without his dessert next time! :lol:

That's what's keeping LF in line. Fear of being sent to bed without having any lemoncakes.

And maybe having to do some extra chores.

17 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

:lol::bowdown:

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

That's what's keeping LF in line. Fear of being sent to bed without having any lemoncakes.

And maybe having to do some extra chores.

When she told Pimp Daddy she was still in pain from all the rape and torture, I'm sure he took a moment to feel real bad before manipulating her to betray Jon. She needs a new villain outfit, though. Clapton is back. Bigger and better leash for him to lead her around with. I would say poor Jon, but I would bet Arya and Dany would make quick work of Pimp Daddy and Darth Sandra.

9 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Interesting the didn't kill him off. He said, basically, hope you are happy with your throne. As in, you won't be.

He has a point. The show has seemingly made it clear that they love each other to a great extent and when he asked her to marry him instead of Hizdah, she looked like she was going to cry when she said "she can't". Now, when victory seems assured, she is leaving him with "cleanup" detail and says goodbye as in "forever". These on/off buttons they pull with the characters is so annoying.

I detest book Daario as in I think he is complete scum and bad news, appearance probably taints my perception but show Daario, other than those completely disrespectful to Dany (he was talking behind her back) "intimate" comments to taunt Jorah, I think he was acceptable for her if she had the overwhelming forces to achieve her aims. Well, she has everything she needs and more and is now talking about alliances and the episode before, granting independence to Iron Islands. Who is this person who said an episode or two before that, "I will take what is mine"?

I just think this is the show being hard to follow as characters stop and turn on a dime without logic or simple valid reasons.

Every time I see an interview from Turner or Gillen, I get a queasy feeling in my stomach before I even read it.   They've completely bought into D&D's fanfic about the two of them.  It's disgusting.  I wish they had just named Sansa something else like they did with Yara, because this is NOT Sansa.

16 hours ago, Aryya Stark said:

Isn't it sad how we can't even seem to enjoy a good piece of literature anymore without trying to enforce our own moral code upon it? This is an imaginary fantasy world with its own set of rules and moral code. Yes some of the stuff in there is appalling, like the incest, women's rights etc. but so what? It is just a freakin story, let us enjoy the damn story which by the way, is set in a different world and a different period and will in no way affect our reality. 

Then there is a also the hypocrisy which appalls me, where there are some who are so fanatical about their stance on feminism that they actually end up condoning murder and genocide.  Really? Is that what feminism stands for today? 

Seems like you're trying a straw man argument here. When you have a universally popular show that people all over  the world watch there are some ethical responsibilities to how you portray marginalized and oppressed people. People are effected by the media they consume and consciously as well as subconsciously will make assumptions about certain societal issues based on the shows, commercials, movies, magazines they read and watch.  The writers can definitely explore the injustices that marginalized people experience within the world of Westeros but there is a big difference between depiction and endorsement. The show often endorses very sexist and often misogynistic ideas of what makes a woman strong i.e. one that gives into violence and cruelty.  Or the fact that the patriarchy conveniently exists to rape and brutalize female characters but is suddenly gone when they want Cersei to be a ruler or Olenna to be the head of House Tyrell.

And who said I wasn't disturbed by the extreme violence that is often utilized within the show's narrative to show 'strength'? it's one of my biggest issues with the series. And who the hell said I was condoning murder or genocide? Nice try, but your 'argument' didn't work.

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Gross, I won't read the Mary Sue article.

Sandra was obsessed with rape revenge (after losing her own story, the rape was absurdly contrived, it's like she had an appointment to be raped, and kept it) to the extent she risked and cost the lives of her brothers and many others, using one brother to manipulate the other. 

And never shed a tear when he died, just smirked and became like the psycho pimp and the psycho who raped her. Never expressed concerns for all of their victms, including her own family, just herself, and let them turn her into them. It was all about her, and it still is.

She let the man who pimped her out to be raped manipulate her to betray her family yet again, and played right into his hands, and revealed her vulnerability, when she could have been smart, and taken him out early, and claimed the Vale troops, which were there for her, from the start.

Then she sulked because the North chose to pass on stupid selfish family betraying Littlefinger-controlled Sandra Bolton to lead them. And chose the loyal Jon Snow, who has battle and leadership experience, and would never in a million years betray his family.

And then there are the other mad queens, or wanna be queens, who murder and torture and betray, all the while denying their own humanity, and for all the women on top jive, rely on others to tell them what to do. And Brienne, who grovels to Sandra.

Also "women on top" is ironic, since the storylines these men chose for them stripped the women of the positive expressions of sexuality that were in the books. Sandra loses a love story/gets a rape story instead. Dany denies her desires for political gain. Asha loses a love story/fucks a slave. Brienne loses a love story/grovels...

^^All of this.

15 hours ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

Well, I think it is because the majority of the feminist movement (including the most vocal part) is so hungry for representation that will embrace everything that seems to support them, no matter how cheap and badly done, like the characters with "bad ass moments" and "empowered speech". They don't realize that the problem with women characters in movies, books and tv is the lack of effort. The majority of the writers are men and write female characters is not the most easy thing for them, so they create fewer female characters and, in general, don't invest so much in them. And is too easy to do what D&D did, a loud superficial and amateurish attempt of "girl powers", that demand so little energy that they mass-produced it in the show.

Just look to the books and the show. George gave us a great diversity of female characters: Catelyn, Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Asha, Daenerys; each one with their own flavor. In the show, all these women are basically the same character. 

Yes! How empowering and progressive are these female characters when they are all basically the same? Brienne and Sansa are two in the novels that are still morally good and compassionate people and that is where a lot of their strength derives. But in the show they're both cold and violent. And Ellaria is a woman who sees the futility of revenge and would rather raise her children in peace. Asha is ten times more compassionate toward Theon when she meets him again than Yara. Dany actually does try everything she can to work within the culture of Mereen and make diplomatic negotiations. Cersei's spiral into madness in the books is gradual and actually makes sense in terms of the prophecy (which she helped fulfill) and her own internalized misogyny. She has depth in the books. The show made her Carol for four seasons and then in one episode turned her into a Cheryl the Villain. Such a caricature. And the Sand Snakes are just walking, talking caricatures of "Strong Women". No individual personalities at all.

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Yeah, ST never seems to understand anything about these characters. I really wish she had not been cast as Sansa, one of my favorite characters in the books. Like, how does any of this nonsense add up for her?

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Did anyone else have this song running through their heads when Dany broke up with Daario? That was a hell of a 180, I tell you what.

I will miss his face. Maybe there will be a Daario spinoff.

34 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Yeah, ST never seems to understand anything about these characters. I really wish she had not been cast as Sansa, one of my favorite characters in the books. Like, how does any of this nonsense add up for her?

Yeah, I wish the same. Just about anyone would be better. I am always torn, I wanted to see the character and her story from the books, but I want the show character to die, because she's horrible.

1 hour ago, The Wull said:

Every time I see an interview from Turner or Gillen, I get a queasy feeling in my stomach before I even read it.   They've completely bought into D&D's fanfic about the two of them.  It's disgusting.  I wish they had just named Sansa something else like they did with Yara, because this is NOT Sansa.

Sandra :P

Archived