[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The Reeds could have given their oath, too.  That could have been a great moment, mysterious, dropping a hint to the audience.

Instead we got the knife at Osha's throat.  

We could have had lord Wyman give us hope again but oh no olly 2.0 had to steal his scene

It's pretty clear that they aren't fans of the series.  I feel like that was George's biggest mistake - giving control over to people who loved the spectacle of it all, but not necessarily the world.  Hard to blame him, though, when S1 was really quite good and nobody could have guessed what it has turned into. 

12 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yeah, with the off season spoilers, I expected when the Sept to Blow with Wildfire for it to spread to the whole city as Wildfire is like GreekFire.

As for them having to use infographics, it does not surprise me as these guys failed in the original pilot that had to be scrapped, to show they audience that Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister.

I expected the entire city burning to be the reason Tommen jumps, even perhaps jumping when the castle caught fire.  Nope, He jumped because he was never going to get to spread Margery ever again.

3 minutes ago, The Wull said:

It's pretty clear that they aren't fans of the series.  I feel like that was George's biggest mistake - giving control over to people who loved the spectacle of it all, but not necessarily the world.  Hard to blame him, though, when S1 was really quite good and nobody could have guessed what it has turned into. 

Yeah, that was when I had my GOT epiphany...reading what they said about the RW....and seeing how they handled the lead up in season 3, I realized what they saw and what I saw were not the same.  They saw spectacle, twist, violence and Top 10 lists foreva.

Still, it's a mystery how the show has become so unbelievably lazy and sloppy. Season 1 was great, and 2, is to me, vastly underrated, the Greyjoys were good, all of Arya's stuff was very good, the KL stuff was good.  The show was still very good and not sloppy.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Was even rolling my eyes in advance at what I thought would be another OMG DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING YouTube Moment when the 3rd installment of the reveal graced our screens. But... no. That's it, folks! :lol:

It's truly appalling how much they suck at it, really. Let's see... what were the BIG moments this year in terms of advancing the story and characters and of mysteries solved? 

1. Jon's resurrection - awful pacing, underwhelming, boring

2. The Cats of the Forest created the WWs - awful pacing, underwhelming as fuck, boring

3. Jon's parentage - awful pacing, underwhelming, boring

And don't forget "had no impact on the plot or the characters whatsoever"

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

The Reeds could have given their oath, too.  That could have been a great moment, mysterious, dropping a hint to the audience.

Instead we got the knife at Osha's throat.  

I hated that. I wish they had just said she died of a cold on the way. We already knew Ramsay was evil, did that have to be her last moment alive? That's just nasty.

I loved her in the role, too. GRRM said he's going to write more for her because he loved her in the role, too.

9 hours ago, Ruhail said:

So how ever will S7 top the finger up the arse scene? I mean once you go anal theres no going back right?

Two fingers up one arse. How else? :o You ask a simple question, you get a simple answer.

Then again, the so called show-runners are simpletons.

4 minutes ago, Low Sparrow said:

Two fingers up one arse. How else? :o You ask a simple question, you get a simple answer.

Then again, the so called show-runners are simpletons.

:lmao:

oh my gods. I just died. I am literally dead!

:cheers:

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Was even rolling my eyes in advance at what I thought would be another OMG DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING YouTube Moment when the 3rd installment of the reveal graced our screens. But... no. That's it, folks! :lol:

It's truly appalling how much they suck at it, really. Let's see... what were the BIG moments this year in terms of advancing the story and characters and of mysteries solved? 

2. The Cats of the Forest created the WWs - awful pacing, underwhelming as fuck, boring

It's a crying shame.  I watched 1. with growing incredulity that it could be just THAT boring and THAT illogical.  Davos, why are you there and why have you suggested resurrecting Jon - just what the hell is this plot?  And then, when Jon does come back from the dead, they have him in this weird, shy sitting position with his knee to shield his genitals from show.  Just leave his underclothes on so it doesn't look so contorted!  I just ... gaaaaaaah!

And, yes, 2 & 3, gone for nothing - again.  Just useless.

13 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

And what's sad but also goes along with your point about it being underwhelming is that most of the fans will not even remember 2. 1 is already in the past, so no one cares. I bet if you ask most people what the biggest reveal of season 6 was, overwhelmingly the answer would be Hold the Door.

11 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I expected the entire city burning to be the reason Tommen jumps, even perhaps jumping when the castle caught fire.  Nope, He jumped because he was never going to get to spread Margery ever again.

He jumped because he realized what his mother just did. Not necessarily because of Margery. 

3 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I'd argue that in reality, he jumped because they were cleaning house and wanted his character out of the way.  The show itself gives us no reason for why he did it, only conjecture.

Agree. They wanted to crown Queen Cersenobite, and Tommen was in the way of that.

33 minutes ago, GravyFace said:

He jumped because he realized what his mother just did. Not necessarily because of Margery. 

See. That where the magic went in the story. The magic D&D gave us in guessing what the hell what this characters motivation or point or current personality. 

Its magical that we are all interpreting so many events differently because I would have guessed Tommen jumped because he thought the death of 1,000 was somehow his fault. 

2 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I'd argue that in reality, he jumped because they were cleaning house and wanted his character out of the way.  The show itself gives us no reason for why he did it, only conjecture.

Yep.  It sure looked as if Tommen jumped because of Margaery dying due to the fact that he jumped immediately after presumably being informed of it.  I say presumably because the only thing we see/hear the servant say to Tommen is "I'm so sorry".  Sorry about what?  Presumably, Margaery's death:dunno:  That's just some more excellent storytelling right there!  I mean, who cares about conveying a character's motivation for doing something to the audience when you're only concerned with CHEAP EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION and SHOCK, amirite?!! :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yep.  It sure looked as if Tommen jumped because of Margaery dying due to the fact that he jumped immediately after presumably being informed of it.  I say presumably because the only thing we see/hear the servant say to Tommen is "I'm so sorry".  Sorry about what?  Presumably, Margaery's death:dunno:  That's just some more excellent storytelling right there!  I mean, who cares about conveying a character's motivation for doing something to the audience when you're only concerned with CHEAP EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION and SHOCK, amirite?!! :rolleyes:

Maybe, he was just trying to get out of the room. Franken Gregor had locked him in, and he was trying to get out to save Marge. Maybe he thought that if Theon and Sansa can survive a multiple story jump, so could he.

That's the beauty of D&D storytelling. They just leave so many good options!

Archived